Local Legend 6 out: Savoia-Marchetti S.55

Thread: Local Legend 6 out: Savoia-Marchetti S.55

Local Legend 6 out: Savoia-Marchetti S.55

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Then, I think that I have to finish quickly my Savoia S-21 of Porco Rosso to fly with this one

I wonder if there's any place on the map that you can spawn in the water without starting with the engines running...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

It's wonderful.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Ok. nice music...what about engines sound?

Lagaffe, that would be an awesome companion for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I wonder if there's any place on the map that you can spawn in the water without starting with the engines running...
    Some of the add-on water runways have starting positions at the dock that will let you spawn cold and dark.

Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    Then, I think that I have to finish quickly my Savoia S-21 of Porco Rosso to fly with this one
    Wow! You made my day! Awsome news !!!

Double seater as axpansion or will it include the first, hidden cockpit?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post

Fantastic news!!

Do you intend to make Curtiss' R3C-0 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Ok. nice music...what about engines sound?
    engines sound OK. Not clear if it is authentic. Most likely not. Prop disks are weak. Love the look of the model, that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    engines sound OK. Not clear if it is authentic. Most likely not. Prop disks are weak. Love the look of the model, that's about it.
    Those prop disks don't look bad, other than I can tell where the blades are, which is wholly unrealistic. But, it could be a little darker. Having said that, nice pic.

Found this on the web. No "Red Pork" here. Very cool if done like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Those prop disks don't look bad, other than I can tell where the blades are, which is wholly unrealistic. But, it could be a little darker. Having said that, nice pic.
    From the side, the props look OK. From the front, very FS9. I just don't understand these Asobo developers. It would seem the 3rd parties have figured out the disks mostly in the recent releases. The textures are very nice, and it's a very good looking aircraft if you like this sort of thing.

From the side, the props look OK. From the front, very FS9. I just don't understand these Asobo developers. It would seem the 3rd parties have figured out the disks mostly in the recent releases. The textures are very nice, and it's a very good looking aircraft if you like this sort of thing.
    Oh, yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm getting it. I've always liked the "steam-punk / diesel punk" look of the design.

LOL Gotta love it.

Keep in mind, the Local Legends and Famous Flyers aircraft are almost always contracted out to third party developers. I don't know exactly what the development pipeline looks like, but I'm pretty sure Asobo provides the 3d models and sounds and support during development, and that's about it. AN-2 was ATSimulations, Fokker was Orbx, the S.55 is Michael Johnson (of Lotus Sim fame), etc. That's why they vary so much in quality.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Been reading about the SM.55 and Balbo's flights since I was a kid, and I always loved the design so I had to get this one.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Members who have read this thread: 0