Flight Replicas Piper L-4 Released!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight Replicas Piper L-4 Released!

Flight Replicas Piper L-4 Released!

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Flight Replicas is pleased to announce the release of our first aircraft for MSFS, the L-4 Grasshopper.

This comes in three versions, Air Observation Post, General Liaison, and floatplane.

A reprise of the type we first released for FSX, this package is pure MSFS. Thanks to MSFS's more advanced handling of aerodynamics, and the L-4's simple but effective instrumentation, you'll have to keep a sharp eye on airspeed and develop a feel for what the aircraft is doing by also keeping your eyes outside the cockpit. This is what was called "flying by the seat of your pants", and is a true component of good piloting skills.

You'll also need to 'hand prop' the L-4 to start the engine.

With great visibility and fully opening doors, you'll be able to enjoy the amazing MSFS world scenery is a way only the L-4 can provide, and understand why historically this aircraft was so prized in WWII. Not to mention the challenge of being able to land almost anywhere, once you know the aircraft well.

As we normally do, the L-4 is being released first (at a special introductory price) on the Flight Replicas website, which makes any changes easy and quick to do. After a few days, the L-4 will be sent to the MSFS Store. It can take anywhere from two weeks to a month for aircraft to appear there once they are submitted. The L-4 will also be available from other vendors, much sooner.

The installer will require you to find your MSFS 'Community' folder for installation.

And your manual is in the ..\Airplanes\FR_L-4H_Grasshopper_Air_Observation\MANUAL folder.

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]

4You and 3 others

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]2 comments

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]Like[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]Comment[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]Share[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

To many codes in Your post .

Ok, link is here:
    http://www.flight-replicas.com/L-4Grasshopper_MSFS.htm

Good price - $15.99 (US)

Thank You Mike!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

No second thoughts here. Instant purchase, dearly missed since FSX days.

Thanks Mike!

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Loving it! Hope Mike gets some custom sounds eventually, and adds wake effects on the float version, but those are minor nits. BIG kudos for the flight model -- I haven't flown a real Cub, but it feels right. Handles like a light plane without a lot of power, and killed me when I got too slow on approach.

Cockpit is a beauty -- animated control cables above your head look perfect.

Nice to hear it, I'd like to see civilian version too, especially Tundra version. Maybe he will have it in his future plans too.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It's a winner from me! Never flown an L-4 but I have time in a 95 Super Cub, and the whole thing feels very convincing. Great deal for sure! The only slight niggles I've come up with are reversed animation for the fuel lever, the sounds as some others have mentioned and the camera being too far forwards in the cockpit, as you solo this beast from the back rather than the front. But all easily solved and this one's sure to get a lot of attention. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Nice to hear it, I'd like to see civilian version too, especially Tundra version. Maybe he will have it in his future plans too.
    He did a really impressive set of Cubs for P3D/FSX, so here's hoping! Even the dual-fuselage mod.

Is this developer known for responding to requests for fixes? I've been eyeing this model but I'm noticing the "niggles" mentioned by users here. Are users here reporting these concerns, and is the author acknowledging them and stating fixes/improvements are forthcoming?
    I've been burned a couple times by devs who don't respond to concerns, even ones who have previously, so I'm curious as to the state of play of this one today.

The only issue I ever had with one of their earlier planes turned out to be a corrupted download of the B-24 for P3D. Flight Replicas got back to me quickly with a private download link that fixed the issue.

I had an issue with my first downloads but after contacting Flight Replica, the issue was fixed immediately and all is well. She looks and flies great.

Thanks to Flight Replicas for a very nice aircraft.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I'm really enjoying the Grasshopper. Out of personal preference, I have chosen to alias the sound to the Asobo Cessna 152 soundset, which to my ear is quite a close match to the Piper L-4/J-3 Cub. To do that, simply open each of the Aircraft.cfg files and edit the entries where it says Sound="" by changing it to Sound="\..\..\Asobo_C152\sound" (if the cockpit sound of the Cessna 152 battery/electrics bugs you, just press Shift+M, which will turn off the battery power - of course if you manual start it, there will be no battery/electrics sound).

Additionally, if you want to simulate flying the aircraft solo and therefore be sitting in the rear seat when flying, just press Ctrl+2 and it will move you there in an instant.
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; June 4th, 2022 at 17:17.

Just picked it up. A wonderful little aircraft but I found that the floatplane version shakes and vibrates excessively with no water effects. Hoping this is recognized and will be fixed.

jk4422 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4425 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4432 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

A wonderful little plane--i love it.Thank you FR.
    Two small issues for me,the windows are very scratched and you cannot open them.
    Could this please be fixed?
    Mike

Mike, the side door and windows open/close when you click on a couple of the screws on the instrument panel, which function as click spots, as shown in the product's manual.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; June 5th, 2022 at 10:35.

I asked about the window scratches hoping they could be toned down, but they replied and said they would keep them the way they were. I think I was misconstrued though, it's not that the plane should be pristine, it's just those godawful Asobo circular scratches everywhere you look. Hopefully they'll rethink it. Every addon used to have those until developers started using their own textures.

jk4470 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4467 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4458 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk4451 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thank you very much-------Bomber and Lost Pilot.
    Mike

For anyone who may be interested, I've released a mod for the glass textures so that the appearance of scratches and smudge marks is greatly reduced: https://flightsim.to/file/34677/flight-replicas-l-4-clean-glass-mod

Obviously when it comes to such a thing, everyone has their own preference.

Thank you very much for this mod-----much appreciated.
    A used look is absolutely ok,but sometimes it is overdone,imho.
    Mike
    Last edited by big-mike; June 7th, 2022 at 05:38.

SOH-CM-2024

Fellows, I have a problem?

I install the .exe into my Community Folder as directed and the plane appears in MSFS, but there are no gauges, no prop, and no sound?Attachment 87583Attachment 87582

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    I install the .exe into my Community Folder as directed and the plane appears in MSFS, but there are no gauges, no prop, and no sound?Attachment 87583Attachment 87582
    I'd suggest removing it and re-downloading it. I haven't seen anyone else report similar issues, so I'm wondering if you got a corrupted download somehow?

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I'd suggest removing it and re-downloading it. I haven't seen anyone else report similar issues, so I'm wondering if you got a corrupted download somehow?
    I already deleted it once and reinstalled it before those screenshots were taken. I'll do as you say and re-download the file from Flight Replica and see if the new d/l works.

Thanks, Caz

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    I already deleted it once and reinstalled it before those screenshots were taken. I'll do as you say and re-download the file from Flight Replica and see if the new d/l works.

Thanks, Caz
    Contact Flight Replicas support. I had the same problem after I bought it. I deleted and re-downloaded a few times and kept having the same problem. They provided an alternate download link, and that solved the problem for me.

SOH-CM-2024

Did exactly that just now.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottCB View Post
    Contact Flight Replicas support. I had the same problem after I bought it. I deleted and re-downloaded a few times and kept having the same problem. They provided an alternate download link, and that solved the problem for me.
    Thanks to all,

I redownloaded it from my email link from Flight Replica and got the same, no gauges, no prop, etc., so popped an email to FR Support. Hopefully I'll get a reply with a new link in the AM. Going to bed now, have bike racing in France in the AM.

Caz

Members who have read this thread: 1