Spermarine Jetfoire for cfs 3?

Thread: Spermarine Jetfoire for cfs 3?

Spermarine Jetfoire for cfs 3?

Just a request for our sim if anyone up to it.

Code: [Select]
    General characteristics

Crew: 1

Length: 31 ft 8 in (9.66 m)

Wingspan: 36 ft 10 in (11.23 m)

Height: 10 ft 0 in (3.05 m)

Wing area: 242.1 sq ft (22.49 m2)

Airfoil: NACA 2213 (root), NACA 2209.4 (tip)

Empty weight: 8,434 lb (3,826 kg)

Gross weight: 12,211 lb (5,539 kg)

More similar to a yak-15 than a late spitfire.

Given that there are only about 2 active aircraft modelers working on CFS3 stuff now, and both got more than they can handle, I suspect that you will be out of luck. What is needed is some younger new blood to take up modelling!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Given that there are only about 2 active aircraft modelers working on CFS3 stuff now, and both got more than they can handle, I suspect that you will be out of luck. What is needed is some younger new blood to take up modelling!
    I confess that I was already interested in modeling and even installing and trying to understand Gmax by opening the P47 file that came as an example, if I'm not mistaken, but I didn't even know how to start a new aircraft project or if this is the best program for modeling . I would love to make you a Spitfire with a bubble canopy.

Hi, no rush. i am just posting for future modders if they want to tackle this. I know it can take years.

I confess that I was already interested in modeling and even installing and trying to understand Gmax by opening the P47 file that came as an example, if I'm not mistaken, but I didn't even know how to start a new aircraft project or if this is the best program for modeling . I would love to make you a Spitfire with a bubble canopy.
    Gmax is fine to start with if you plan on modeling for CFS3

Tom gave some advice here
    https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...CFS3-modelling

There used to be a tutorial by Viso called "Bitmap to Boom 'n' Zoom" but I can no longer find it on-line. Maybe someone has a copy??

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    ... Maybe someone has a copy??
    I thought I had a copy but it was the dead link. Strangely enough the vehicle version is still up: http://file:///D:/Games%20Downloads/...%20Minutes.htm...

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Quote Originally Posted by sdsbolt View Post
    ...There used to be a tutorial by Viso called "Bitmap to Boom 'n' Zoom" but I can no longer find it on-line. Maybe someone has a copy??
    Here ya go, I knew I had preserved this somewhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bitmap2BoomNZoom.pdf  
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Well used this way back when I was a pup....

Sorry Ted, these are gone too. They can be found on the Wayback Machine, but here they are zipped up together; The Stupid Idiot's Guide to Gmax: –
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

SIG is a pretty good find

Nicely laid out for the new modeler to follow along

Although it's for FS9, Milton Shupe's tutorial series is also one of the best as an introduction to modelling. He especially covers the gnarly (to the beginning modeller) business of setting up 3-views of your drawings really well.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/tut/fs9/c162/

Also available as videos: –

https://www.youtube.com/user/IFRfun/videos
    Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0