Top Gun challenges with different aircraft :)

Thread: Top Gun challenges with different aircraft :)

Top Gun challenges with different aircraft :)

Making a separate thread as this may re-interest people who had given up on TG...

You can edit the FLT file for each mission (e.g.)
    C:\MSFS\Official\Steam\asobo-lowalt-riffelake\Missions\Asobo\MRK\LowAltitude\lowalt-riffelake\01_LowAlt-RiffeLake.FLT

find the [Sim.0] section and change the Sim= line to your favourite (e.g.)

[Sim.0]
    Sim=SSW TF104-G 28+16
    ;Sim=Boeing F/A 18E Super Hornet Mrk Asobo

I'm using the SSW F-104 but DC's jets should work fine (think it's time for me to buy the Cat) as should the TC Hornet when it's updated, just find the alias you want from your aircraft.cfg file

Thanks @keithb77 that's great to know!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

You can also replace the rewardscreen.jpg file in the images folder with a more appropriate one...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toyHisc2.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	308.5 KB 
ID:	87409

Ghost also flies the new plane, in fact I've realised Ghost is you, once you've beaten the pre-recorded track

Well the Tomcat is quite a challenge in the low-level challenges ... it's got the power to go fast - but go over 650 Kts and your control authority is limited, which can put you into a hillside - so ease off the power for the trickier bits

f14HiSc1 by Keith Bedford, on Flickr

No joy with the Carrier landing challenge yet, the hook won't deploy (it's not just the external animation, the internal switch doesn't move, the 'co-pilot' keeps suggesting to drop the hook and I just get a bolter on landing)

If you have problems with starting at Bingo fuel (or less) try running a flight from the World Map first, you should then inherit that fuel content.
    And you will score higher by staying slower and lower than higher and faster.
    Also check that autopilot is disengaged, sometimes it seems to be hampering control movements.

Banshee1 by Keith Bedford
    Rob's Banshee getting the wave-off for trying to land aboard carrying ordnance...

Members who have read this thread: 1