Stuart Green's Missing Aircraft Uploaded

Thread: Stuart Green's Missing Aircraft Uploaded

Library Staff

Stuart Green's Missing Aircraft Uploaded

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: Albatros D.III (OAW)

This model is for use with Microsoft Flight Sim 2004 (FS9) and was made using Abacus Flight Sim Design Studio v2.24.

This is a multi res model with several animations. Features include:

2 colour schemes;

Detailed engine with animated parts. Use the Spoiler key to reveal more of the engine;

All moving control wires within Virtual Cockpit;

Can be started from cold within Virtual Coclpit by using gauges;

Use L key for simulated gunfire.

My thanks go out to James Banks for the excellent work with the airfile and config for this sim.

by Stuart Green

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit SG_Albatros_DIII.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Library Staff

SG_Caudron_GIV.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: 1915 Caudron G.4

This model is for use with Microsoft Flight Sim 2004 (FS9) and was made using Abacus Flight Sim Design Studio v2.24.

This is a multi res model with several animations. The Caudron used wing warping and I have tried to replicate this as best as possible, you should be able to see the bungees expand and contract at the wing tips. Pilot, observer and front gun are also animated, as is the observers floor and the radio antenna.

Front Observer/gun animations SHIFT and E together.

Hatch in observers floor SHIFT and E together then quickly release them and press 2.

Extend/retract aerial Spoiler key "/".

My thanks go out to James Banks for the excellent work with the airfile and config for this sim.

by Stuart Green

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit SG_Caudron_GIV.zip

Library Staff

SG_Fokker_DVII.zip

Description: Fokker D.VII

Multi res model made with Abacus Flight Sim Design Studio for FS2004 by Stuart Green.

Flight Model by James Banks.

What I have tried to model here is a late version of a Fokker built D.VII with a Mercedes engine.

The model itself has several animations, including a gimballed compass and a pilot who likes to search the skies once airborne.

The engine is fully animted, to see what is going on "under the hood" press your spoiler key, normally "/".

I have included two small effects files, one for smoke and one for gun flash and tracer that is activated once airborne, triggered by the brake/joystick trigger.
    Many thanks go to Douglas Dawson for this.

I have also included some custom sound files for the aircraft itself with help again from James Banks.

I would also like to thank Mike Wagner aka Moparmike for his help with the gauges.

I have included 3 paint schemes.

by Stuart Green

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit SG_Fokker_DVII.zip

Library Staff

SG_Pfalz_DIIIa.zip

Description: Pfalz D.IIIa

Multi res Model made with Abacus Flight Sim Design Studio for FS2004 by Stuart Green.

Flight Model by James Banks
    The engine is fully animated.

Winscreen flips down using spoiler key /.

Radiator shutter animated using your cowl flap keys.

I have included two small effects files, one for smoke and one for gun flash and tracer that is activated once airborne, triggered by the brake/joystick trigger.
    Many thanks go to Douglas Dawson for this.

I have also included some custom sound files for the aircraft itself with help again from James Banks.

I have included 3 paint schemes.

by Stuart Green

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit SG_Pfalz_DIIIa.zip

Library Staff

SG_Sopwith_Snipe.zip

Description: Sopwith Snipe

This is a multi res model with all the usual animations. There are two styles of aircraft included (early style and the later one with balanced ailerons and different rudder)
    together with 4 paint schemes.

Virtual Cockpit:
    It includes a full set of original gauges, including an animated oil pulsator glass. The Snipe had a system whereby the tailplane incidence could be altered from the cockpit using a big lever. This can be found on the right hand side of the cockpit and will change the aircraft trim. The gauges can also be individually illuminated using the switch box which is clickable in the VC or available as a popup using SHIFT+3. Mag switches are also clickable or popup using SHIFT+2.

by Stuart Green

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit SG_Sopwith_Snipe.zip

Library Staff

SG_SPAD_VII.zip

Description: SPAD VII

This multi res model is for use with Microsoft Flight Sim 2004 (FS9) and was made using Abacus Flight Sim Design Studio v2.24.

Features include:

Working radiator cowl flaps (click on lever in the Virtual cockpit just above the throttle) or CTRL-SHIFT-C in standard setup;

4 colour schemes;

Detailed engine. Use the Spoiler key to reveal more of the engine;

All moving control wires within Virtual Cockpit;

Can be started from cold within Virtual Cockpit by using gauges;

Use L key for simulated gunfire;

Over 100 indiviually "handcrafted" louvres in the fuselage (damn I hate those louvres);

Sculptured wings;

Animated pilot;

Bouncy undercarriage!

My thanks go out to James Banks who pulled out all the stops for me and created an excellent airfile and config for this sim plus the sounds, and to Arno from www. memorial-flight.com for his help with the gauges.

by Stuart Green

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit SG_SPAD_VII.zip

Library Staff

SG_Staaken_RVI.zip

Description: 1917 Zepplin Staaken R.VI

This is a multi res model, but does make heavy use of keyframe animated parts so is something on the large size! Most control cables are animated, particularly in the VC.

The Staaken also carried an early version of bomb bay doors, these are activated using the spoiler key, normally /

by Stuart Green

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit SG_Staaken_RVI.zip

Library Staff
    Hi Folks,

Stuart Green's website closed down some time ago. Here are his FS2004 aircraft. There are already a number of skins for them available on this site.

Stuart's Sunderland was uploaded here many years ago while his Felixstowe is in the FS2002 aircraft section.

Does anyone have his Sopwith Cuckoo and Mitsubishi G4M1 Betty? If so, would you mind uploading them to the FS2004 military props section.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Hi Kelvin,

The Cukoo isn't a problem as it is in my back-up on one of my external disks. The Betty will be a challenge and for sure will take a bit longer as I have to find it on one of my ancient CDs.

Cheers,
    Huub

Edit: The 1918 Sopwith T1 Cuckoo, Torpedo Biplane is now also available in the library.

SG_sopwith_fs2004

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2020 - Military Props

Description: 1918 Sopwith T1 Cuckoo, Torpedo Biplane. Model by Stuart Green

This model is for use with Microsoft Flight Sim 2004 and was made using Abacus Flight Sim Design Studio v2.24. A version for CFS2 is available on my web site

The Cuckoo was designed towards the end of the Great War and much of its potential was not utilised. It has been suggested that the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour during WW2 was based around the British attack of the Italian Fleet in Taranto the previous year. However, the Royal Navy Grand Fleet had a plan to attack the German High Seas Fleet at harbour, the planned date being overtaken by the signing of the Great War armistice, and many suggest this was the actual plan that formed the basis of the Japanese attack years later. The plan called for 121 Cuckoos to attack the Fleet, the aircraft being carrier based. It is unknown how successful this undertaking would have been but with the aircraft carrying no guns, just one torpedo, it would have been an eventful attack for the pilots! Without its torpedo the Cuckoo was quite an agile aircraft and capable of competing with many of the current fighters.. it needed to be.

This is a multi res model, and includes the following parts

Fully animated surfaces
    Breaking parts
    Rolling wheels
    Folding wings (SHIFT + F operates in on my set up, may be slightly different on others)
    Animated pilots head and scarf
    Moving controls in virtual cockpit
    Multi resolution torpedo included
    Two colour schemes

My thanks go out to the following who all helped with this project

James Banks for the excellent work with the conversion of the airfile and config for this sim

by Stuart Green

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit SG_sopwith_fs2004

Many thanks for those lovely birds preservation

A big hurray

Cheers
    Martin

Library Staff
    Thanks Huub.

Kevin

Filename g4m1bty.zip is available for FS9 at flightsim.com

Edit - now uploaded
    Last edited by rohan; May 27th, 2022 at 09:25. Reason: uploaded

SG_Mitsubishi_G4M1_Betty.zip

Description: Mitsubishi G4M1 “Betty”

Multi res model made with Abacus Flight Sim Design Studio version2 specifically for FS9 (there is a CFS2 version).

Without the help of several people, quite simply, this project would have failed, and so I am deeply indebted for all their help.

Keeping me on the straight and narrow as regards accuracy and so earning the title of “Head technical expert”, Betty guru and man who wouldn’t let me get away with anything …Toru Morita aka Talos2005 who also provided the 2nd Buntai, 705 Kokutai colour scheme and the fuel management panel.

James Banks, aka Maggoo has spent many hours trying to match the known flying characteristics of this aircraft and I think he has done a great job here so thanks yet again James for coming to my rescue.

This model has the usual surface animations, detailed landing gear and working cowl flaps and also includes the following:

Co pilot directions: In use, it was common practice for the co pilot to stand on his seat and give the pilot taxiing instructions. This is reproduced by using SHIFT + E

Action stations can be called by using the SHIFT+E+2 combination. Watch the crew spring in to action!

Side door and ladder. This is actioned by using whatever combination you use for concorde nose raise and lower.

Bomb bay: The Betty didn’t have traditional opening and closing bomb bay doors but a series of different fitted panels depending on what payload was being carried. This model is represented with a torpedo payload that can be seen by using the spoiler key /.

by Stuart Green

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit SG_Mitsubishi_G4M1_Betty.zip

Library Staff
    Thanks Rohan!
    Cheers
    Kevin

Members who have read this thread: 4