Thread: Coming soon...

Coming soon...

Greenhouse357

Yet another P51 ?
    JMC

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Yet another P51 ?
    JMC
    . . . .or a repaint of an existing model?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Ed is right. It's John's (Warbirdsim)P-51 and I was doing a repaint of Cruise's personal P-51 featured in the new movie. I was hoping the 1st two shots would look like the movie trailer lol.
    Greenhouse357

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhouse357 View Post
    Ed is right. It's John's (Warbirdsim)P-51 and I was doing a repaint of Cruise's personal P-51 featured in the new movie. I was hoping the 1st two shots would look like the movie trailer lol.
    Excellent, I'll be adding that to mine for sure.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Caught the new Top Gun at a special IMAX advance showing Tuesday night when I was over in the US earlier this week. Really superb + urge people here to see it.
    They have tried to be realistically accurate regarding many of the aviation details (e.g., pulling safety flags; external GPU start-up sequence) though others will spot errors as there is the expected Hollywood licence. One of them is expecting USN aviators can become admirals. My understanding is you need to come up through ships to do this, but maybe that has changed.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

What a great video, thanks for sharing. What an opportunity. Chance of a lifetime and with Tom Cruise. Fantastic.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Caught the new Top Gun at a special IMAX advance showing Tuesday night when I was over in the US earlier this week. Really superb + urge people here to see it.
    They have tried to be realistically accurate regarding many of the aviation details (e.g., pulling safety flags; external GPU start-up sequence) though others will spot errors as there is the expected Hollywood licence. One of them is expecting USN aviators can become admirals. My understanding is you need to come up through ships to do this, but maybe that has changed.
    I'm sure Rear Admiral Ken Mattingly might disagree there

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Mattingly

Ttfn

Pete

Hilarious video - thanks!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Loved the video! I haven't uploaded anything in a long time. Just hope I did it right. I couldn't upload the whole texture folder because of its size, so I hope my install instructions aren't confusing. This is for the Warbirdsim_Geraldine_Stock model. And thank you Ed for trying to help me.

Greenhouse357

"USN aviators can become admirals" ??, you were never in the US Navy I'd say, gracious plenty of admirals were/are aviators, COMNAVAIRLANT & COMNAVAIRPAC to start, Alan B. Shepard is another, and so on...

My skipper

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    "USN aviators can become admirals" ??, you were never in the US Navy I'd say, gracious plenty of admirals were/are aviators, COMNAVAIRLANT & COMNAVAIRPAC to start, Alan B. Shepard is another, and so on...
    My skipper when I was aboard USS America CVA-66 in the Tonkin Gulf was a Korean War veteran USN aviator; when I knew him he was the C.O. and then I left the ship when he was relieved in 1970 to go to the Pentagon as a Rear Admiral (Lower Half). My next proud view was his photo on the cover of the Proceedings when he was appointed as Chief Of Naval Operations and a FULL ADM before he retired. He was a great C.O. and I was proud to serve under his command.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    My skipper when I was aboard USS America CVA-66 in the Tonkin Gulf was a Korean War veteran USN aviator; when I knew him he was the C.O. and then I left the ship when he was relieved in 1970 to go to the Pentagon as a Rear Admiral (Lower Half). My next proud view was his photo on the cover of the Proceedings when he was appointed as Chief Of Naval Operations and a FULL ADM before he retired. He was a great C.O. and I was proud to serve under his command.
    My skipper aboard Saratoga (CVA-60), now a coral reef off of the Florida coast, Captain Warren H. O'Neil, who flew Banshees and commanded the squadron, retired as an Admiral.

http://navalaviationfoundation.org/w...entry/?id=2030
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Well I am happy to stand corrected - and happy to hear USN pilots are eligible to reach the highest ranks. I heard this from a relative of the captain of the USS Carl Vinson.

Anyone recognise the desert airport Corden and Cruise were flying from in the video?

Anyone recognise the desert airport Corden and Cruise were flying from in the video?
    Think it's Byron, where Patriots team are based

Ttfn

Pete

It looked familiar, so did some digging, and I was right.

Inyokern (KIYK), just west of China Lake NAS

The curved taxiway off the threshhold of 33 to the T-Hangars was a clue. The scenes were shot in front of the large hangar at the south end of the ramp, and in the latest GE image, the Aero Commander is parked in the gravel across from the ramp

https://www.airnav.com/airport/KIYK

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Not unusual at all - a high percentage of Carrier COs and Air Wing COs become Admirals. In this day in age, both Aviators and NFOs can assume those positions then be promoted to flag based on many factors, especially command performance.

Inyokern (KIYK), just west of China Lake NAS
    Yes, that is it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhouse357 View Post
    Loved the video! I haven't uploaded anything in a long time. Just hope I did it right. I couldn't upload the whole texture folder because of its size, so I hope my install instructions aren't confusing. This is for the Warbirdsim_Geraldine_Stock model. And thank you Ed for trying to help me.

Thanks for the repaint. Nice work.

After installing per instructions, I also installed it for P51D_Restored_Part2. Now I have a back seat should James Corden show up.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Thank you WH! I don't think you could get James back in that seat lol.
    Greenhouse357

Members who have read this thread: 0