Top Gun Update is out

Thread: Top Gun Update is out

Hybrid View

Top Gun Update is out

So it's the Maverick livery for the F/A-18, the Darkstar hypersonic jet, and aircraft carrier landing trials. They added a little detail to Fallon during a recent update so I was hoping to see it populated with Navy jets and more detail along with this release, but no luck there.

Alas, the carrier is only accessible in the missions, so really hoping they share the info on to program a moving carrier to third-party developers so we can get them outside of the missions. (Asobo said it's "not the right time" to add carriers outside of the mission, whatever that means.)

If you'd like to see carriers outside of the Top Gun missions, please go upvote:
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...layer/520602/3

The carrier stuff is disappointing, but the hypersonic plane is fun!

Even if I'll never shoot a trap, you still got my vote!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I edited the COMP files to my liking....it was too reflective before....I'm happy with this though!

I see this as more of a "proof of concept" than anything else, since the carrier is basically a gimmick at this point, but once Asobo either enables it in free flight or puts the relevant bits into the SDK, it'll open a lot of doors for 3rd party content.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach3DS View Post
    One more for good measure.
    I like this. Will you be posting to flightsim.to?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 0