Switching from 32 to 64 Vista

Thread: Switching from 32 to 64 Vista

Switching from 32 to 64 Vista

I have a week off coming up. While I have nothing to do, I have decided to do some upgrades - 2nd GTX 280, Q9650, and Terabyte Drive. I was wondering if upgrading to Vista 64 if I would see any real improvement over Vista 32. I already have a q6600 slightly overclocked and 4g of ram. Just wanted to know if wiping everything and starting over would be worth the effort.

Thanks

MisterKleen

harleyman
    If you have 4 gigs ram in use now then a 64 bit OS will not do much for you...

The Q9650 @ 2.83? will still need OCed......FSX likes 3.2 to 3.6

The big drive I don't personally like...Its hugh for FSX..The more you put on it the more has to be accessed and read for FSX..That can actually slow it down if it gets pretty full..

The 300Gig V-Raptor for your OS and FSX is a better bet...Big drives are harder to manage

Keep FSX defragged daily..I do mine with IOBIT two times daily when flying as FSX tosses files like crazy.....

The second VID card will not do anything for FSX unless you have a big monitor with a big resolution

IOIBIT defragger has a Deep Optizime option that does a great job at keeping the drives files in order...

Thanks for the info. I do drive 2 - 24 inch monitors. The Large drive is only for media files. I have 2 other hard drives, one for fsx and one for the OS. The q9650 I am installing is at 3.2 already.

harleyman
    Thats why I put the ? mark beside the speed I quoted .. The Q9550 is 2.83....YUP

Then you will get help with those big monitors for sure by adding another card...

Members who have read this thread: 0