If you like the lighter stuff..........

Thread: If you like the lighter stuff..........

If you like the lighter stuff..........

Coming soon to MSFS.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 283376988_10228807145549140_3255925355795759611_n.jpg   281893991_10228807144429112_4063934907441690433_n.jpg   281835327_10228807146789171_5430298041900997942_n.jpg  

Wow! Really nice!
    I will follow this project.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for the HU! I had this bird back in my X-Plane days. Really looking forward to it for MSFS
    Dont grow up! ... Itīs a trap!

Well there are actually two projects there from Gotfriends, the preimum model Discus 2C which includes a Discus 2C FES (front electric sustainer) and the Phoenix SLSA motorglider........... both due in the next few months.....

Honestly I didnt fly on any glider in MSFS, it seems the flight model (with movements of air masses, especially from clouds) is not yet done for gliders but what is good here I see the motor.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The main thing missing for Gliders in MSFS (beside a slighty refined flight model, I mean) are the thermals. It is already possible, by default, to perform ridge soaring by the winds blowing up along the mountains, and it's quite enjoyable, to be honest.
    Now, for thermals there's an addon called Kinetic Assistant, but has a freeware version, and brings a basic support for thermals as well as AI plane towing.

EDIT: winds, not wings
    Last edited by Daube; May 24th, 2022 at 03:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The main thing missing for Gliders in MSFS (beside a slighty refined flight model, I mean) are the thermals. It is already possible, by default, to perform ridge soaring by the wings blowing up along the mountains, and it's quite enjoyable, to be honest.
    Now, for thermals there's an addon called Kinetic Assistant, but has a freeware version, and brings a basic support for thermals as well as AI plane towing.
    Better go and take a look at MS Flight Simulator Gliders | Facebook been some changes with recent updates to MSFS.

I cannot access this page because I don't use facebook.
    Can you provide some details ?

To get a really great impression of what is already available in MSFS for gliding, try this series of flights through the French Alps https://flightsim.to/file/28316/floyds-alpine-odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by guzzi View Post
    Better go and take a look at MS Flight Simulator Gliders | Facebook been some changes with recent updates to MSFS.
    Gliding is now very well possible in MSFS. Not like in the real world but good enough. Try: https://msfs.touching.cloud/mods/kinetic-assistant/
    The latest gliders for MSFS behave much like the ones I flew real world (ASK21, ASK23, Ka6E, Ka7, Ka13, LS4, DG505)

Enjoy!

Paul

Sorry I'm an advocate for people doing some of the work themselves, not me doing it for them all the time......... if you don't use Facebook that is your issue not mine - I gave you the link where to find more information, if you can't be bothered, that again is your issue.......

Quote Originally Posted by ftl818 View Post
    Gliding is now very well possible in MSFS. Not like in the real world but good enough. Try: https://msfs.touching.cloud/mods/kinetic-assistant/
    The latest gliders for MSFS behave much like the ones I flew real world (ASK21, ASK23, Ka6E, Ka7, Ka13, LS4, DG505)

Enjoy!

Paul
    Thx for the link, looks quite nice:

Kinetic Assistant really changed the game for me concerning a (more) real to life glider experience within MSFS. It really gets out the sims abilities to be a great glider simulation also.

However a good start for me was the Discus Glider from GotFriends you get on Fligtsim.to Next to the great glider aircraft it also offers some usefull weather presets with thermal effects (especially the Cross Country one), even without using the KA software.

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... Itīs a trap!

Sorry I'm an advocate for people doing some of the work themselves, not me doing it for them all the time......... if you don't use Facebook that is your issue not mine - I gave you the link where to find more information, if you can't be bothered, that again is your issue.......
    Thank you for your help, very appreciated. Looking forward to more useful infos from you

Thank you for your help, very appreciated. Looking forward to more useful infos from you
    That's a much nicer response than I was about to give...
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Not everyone chooses to live their lives online. Some people value their privacy. I don't really care - I'm careful what I post. And if Mark Zuckerberg wants to track my movements and come meet me at Mirage Nightlife on a Friday night, that's fine with me. I'll even buy the first round. But he's buying the rest - he is a brazillionaire after all...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Not everyone chooses to live their lives online. Some people value their privacy. I don't really care - I'm careful what I post. And if Mark Zuckerberg wants to track my movements and come meet me at Mirage Nightlife on a Friday night, that's fine with me. I'll even buy the first round. But he's buying the rest - he is a brazillionaire after all...
    Sorry, but their are many people who wish to be spoon-fed everything these days. Maybe that's how you treat people, I don't. If you want to go ahead and wipe the guys arse for him go ahead, you are free to do it. If you and the original poster have an issue with FB, again that is not my issue -if you really think that is how you keep things 'private' these days, so be it........ live in your own delusion, again not my issue. I will refrain from posting anything here again if it causes you to come out with such petty and immature remarks - another moderator where the petty power they possess over people has gone to their head and they feel to stick their nose in when its not warranted. Goodbye.

I was about to try and copy the info here, but it's not possible. It's even a closed group. Why the hell is that necessary? What's wrong with good old sharing? Not that gliding in MSFS is a state secret, right?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Sorry, but their are many people who wish to be spoon-fed everything these days. Maybe that's how you treat people, I don't. If you want to go ahead and wipe the guys arse for him go ahead, you are free to do it. If you and the original poster have an issue with FB, again that is not my issue -if you really think that is how you keep things 'private' these days, so be it........ live in your own delusion, again not my issue. I will refrain from posting anything here again if it causes you to come out with such petty and immature remarks - another moderator where the petty power they possess over people has gone to their head and they feel to stick their nose in when its not warranted. Goodbye.

If you post a link to a web page with RESTRICTED ACCESS (need registration etc...) then you should at least provide a basic summary of the information contained in there, so that people can decide if it's worth it to register in there to access the rest of the information. It's called "common sense".

Goodbye.
    See ya... Now maybe we can get back to the business of motorgliding...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0