Heinkel He 177

Thread: Heinkel He 177

Same guy as the Zero pack, right?

Screenshots don't look all that brilliant honestly. Freeware quality at best I'm afraid.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post

Screenshots don't look all that brilliant honestly. Freeware quality at best I'm afraid.

Priller
    Yes, the same, and Luftwaffe jets addon. Good summary.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post

Priller
    I have lots of freeware that looks much better than this...below freeware quality I would say
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Don't shot the messenger , just thought it might have been of interest.

An interesting/brave choice ... the old Luftwaffe cigarette lighter ... but I'd agree with previous assessments, another one to avoid.

If you check out the creator's YouTube channel, you'll see he's passionate about aviation and trying to make the planes as accurate as he can with his skillset and art/audio resources.

I have his Zero pack, and he's since added a Kate and a Val as free upgrades. No, it's not anywhere near the same class as, say, MilViz or Flying Iron. BUT, the planes do fly well, and while they lack some details, they're still fun to fly.

He's also released some freeware (He-163).

I'm saddened by the MSFS user base's immediate dismissal of any "simpler" planes, because that limits our selection of aviation history in the sim. It would be nice for customers to at least have the option to buy simpler planes if it's model they're interested in that's otherwise not available.

For instance, I'd love to have Virtavia's aircraft in MSFS, even at current detail levels, even if they just updated the model format and flight models to MSFS standards. Sure, I'd love to see every one of those planes at full MSFS detail, but that's not realistic. A simpler F7U Cutlass is better than no F7U Cutlass. If you don't enjoy lower-detail models, you can just choose not to buy them.

Are we really better off as sim players that the MS Forum reaction caused Golden Age Simulations to choose not to support the platform, rather than continuing to offer their niche planes as a low-priced option for MSFS users? Personally I don't think so.

If the prices are low and the creators supply enough information and screen shots for buyers to make informed judgements, it would be nice if the Internet Quality Police would be a bit less negative towards these options being available.

Personally, I'll pass on the He-177 because I'm not interested enough in the plane to spend $18 on a lower-detail aircraft. (Same as I'm not interested enough in a BAE 146 to spend $70 on a high-detail version.) But if he does one of the planes I'd love to see in the sim that I'm unlikely to see any time soon -- a Vickers Wellington, a Fleet Finch, an F4D Skyray, etc -- I'll happily pay for a lower-detail model as long as I know what I'm getting.
    Last edited by DennyA; May 13th, 2022 at 15:35.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Well said, DennyA! I completely agree.

I think if he lowered the price a bit I would be more inclined to buy it. I'm also pretty turned off by those 70s era Revell raised panel lines. He seems to have a decent skill set, just needs to polish it up a bit. But good for an older gent producing aircraft for MSFS.

Any Train Simulator (Railworks) avocado's here ?... No ??....

OhKay. Before i closed the doors of my TS steamlocs shed for good out of boredom BeeKay was a 'brandname' for us clickety-clack fans, churning out more or less excellent, usually German steam-, diesel and electric locomotives one after the other. I spend many enjoyable hours with the fruits of BeeKay's hard labour (IIRC all his stuff was freeware). So it seems Bernd got bored of the ol' smoke belchers himself and changed them for a couple of wings and propellers and changed his sandwich board from "Romantic Railroads" to "Romantic Wings". Well, good for him !

I am from the nitpickety camp myself so as far as BeeKay is concerned i can only wish him all the best with his new endeavor. If there's anything as much different from a steam locomotive it sure is an aeroplane.

Hals und Beinbruch BeeKay !

Hey Denny!

Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 1