BlackBox Simulations BN2 Trislander.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BlackBox Simulations BN2 Trislander.

BlackBox Simulations BN2 Trislander.

Hi All,

Just seen that BlackBox Simulations have released their BN2 Trislander selling at 29.99Euros. https://www.blackboxsimulation.com/i...trilander-bn2/

Looks interesting but already have the BN2 Islander (& far too many other aircraft sitting idle in the hanger!) so may hold off for a little while!

Keith.

I totally agree on having too many planes with the paint barely scratched in my hangar. That's how I've avoided the BAE 146, MD-80, Cessna 310R, and 737-700 so far.

But I did buy the Trislander. I loved the Islander and flew it a ton. This plane is more different than you'd expect. It's an awesome combo of study-level but not a complex airplane, so you can play with everything, but you don't need to spend a week learning to program an FMC to enjoy it. Its performance and handling definitely feel like it's a bigger and heavier plane than the Islander as well. Superb audio, too.

Could not resist.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

The model seems nice but as for personally it is one of the ugliest and most bizarre Today's aircraft .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    The model seems nice but as for personally it is one of the ugliest and most bizarre Today's aircraft .
    Exactly why I like it!

Do any of the liveries feature non-baked registrations?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Yep, both baked and "raw" varieties are available.

@YoYo, ugly planes are the best! A-6 Intruder, A-10 Warthog, Boeing X-32, A-7 Corsair II, anything designed in Great Britain between 1935 and 1980 except for the Spitfire....

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post

@YoYo, ugly planes are the best! A-6 Intruder, A-10 Warthog, Boeing X-32, A-7 Corsair II, anything designed in Great Britain between 1935 and 1980 except for the Spitfire....
    Hmmn, methinks you have a very limited knowledge of GB designs between 1935 and 1980........... or need your eyesight and judgment corrected.......

@YoYo, ugly planes are the best! A-6 Intruder, A-10 Warthog, A-7 Corsair II,
    Those are beauties (except Boeing X-32) !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by guzzi View Post
    Hmmn, methinks you have a very limited knowledge of GB designs between 1935 and 1980........... or need your eyesight and judgment corrected.......
    Okay, I should have just said "Blackburn aircraft" instead. Even the Buccaneer is iffy....

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm... Gotta do some considerin' on this one now.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Will grab over the w/e. I have the Islander and love its simplicity.

Don BP

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Hmm... Gotta do some considerin' on this one now.
    I like it, but it is not Carenado or Milviz level for MSFS. If you do a lot of zooming into the details, you'll see they need to add a lot more polys and clean up some of the blurry exterior textures. Prop disks while ok, are not volumetric. Nav lights are a bit odd when zoomed out from the aircraft. Become blockey. Does have a cool rotating becon on top however. Sound kit seems pretty good, but I suspect the real aircraft is much louder in operation. Parking features are good, and all of the doors open. Even with those few shortcomings, it's still a fun aircraft to have in a collection of differentiation. There has been one update so far.

The shots I've seen so far look good enough for the money, but now I'm torn between this one and the original Islander. Can anyone with both compare the two regarding quality, systems, etc.?
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The Trislander is much deeper in system simulations; Black Box calls it "study level" and it is for such a simple plane. But you can get things like carb icing, etc. that aren't modeled yet on the Islander. It's also got higher detail/better texture work.

I love the Islander, but the Trislander is much more advanced systems-wise. I think Black Box is eventually going to update the Islander as well, but not ETA.

The Islander's a bit more nimble, but the Trislander's more sophisticated.

Apologies for the necro-post, but I finally decided to get this one after having a lot of fun with the Islander. The only option to purchase was through PayPal on their site, after which my purchase was marked as "pending." It has now been 2½ hours and I still don't have a download link. Does anyone know if this is normal for them?
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

UGLY??!!

There was never a Grumman made that could be called by that name...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I think this might be the wrong thread...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

no - a reference to this - lol
    essentially agreeing with Dennya but taking slight exception to putting the term 'ugly' next to the Grumman Intruder
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Update. I woke up this morning to a reply notification to a post I made in the Trislander thread on the official board. The dev said the purchase had gone through, but I still didn't have a link. I replied back to that and within minutes I had my link and downloaded/ran the installer. I'm going to try to get a little time in her this evening when I get home from work.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Impressions...

Textures aren't exactly crisp up close, but that's probably the only real complaint about the modeling.

Start the middle engine first, or you'll barely be able to hear it start with either of the others already running. Flying is easy, very much like the Islander. I did a little digging, and the cockpit gauge layout is spot-on with the few good shots I could find. But one thing has me befuddled... The only gauge in the cockpit that is close to being helpful with leaning at altitude is the cylinder temp gauge trio. There's no EGT, no fuel flow (the Islander has that), and not even a torque gauge for prop load. If someone has a reliable way to lean this thing other than pulling the mix back until the RPM suddenly drops, I'm all ears.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The EGT gauge is to the right of the yoke and you can select each engine with a selector switch under the right RPM gauge

Members who have read this thread: 1