1926 Airmail Route CAM5 Salt Lake - Pasco - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1926 Airmail Route CAM5 Salt Lake - Pasco

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Doing it in the Stearman. :-) Is there any reason why all I am seeing at the markers is a flashing light? No arrows or buildings.

LouP
    You should definitely be seeing arrows and beacon towers. We are not aware of any issues from the recent updates, could you download the package again and see if that fixes it?

Sorry, problem was on my end. I needed to check off the box in add-on linker. However, now that its working, I noticed the scenery doesn't "snap" in until your almost on top of it.

LouP

Hi Lou, glad you got the first problem sorted. We are looking at the LODs for the next release but I will have a check of v1 at this end.

The 'pop-in' is solved in the next version.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Great, looking forward to it. Maybe we]ll have a Jenny to fly by then. :-)

LouP

Arrows Across America v2 update is now available

The update for our 1926 US Air Mail routes add-on is now out and includes:

• our original Contract Air Mail 5 (CAM5) route from Salt Lake City, UT to Pasco, WA but with new and improved models and lighting (59 beacons)
    • the CAM32 route from Portland, OR to Spokane, WA using the new models and lighting (33 beacons)
    • the additional lighting for CAM32’s 25 mile stretch through the Columbia River Gorge, east of Portland, with beacons positioned to allow air mail pilots to fly under the low cloud and fog that frequently blankets the gorge
    • the northernmost section of CAM8 from Portland, OR to Seattle, WA , using the new models (17 beacons)
    • eleven Intermediate Landing Fields (ILFs) along the airways; located, laid out and lit according to their descriptions in the official Airway Bulletins, making it possible to fly shorter sections of the CAMs (or land in an emergency)
    • Hangars with internal parking spaces and animated, controllable doors on four of the ILFs
    • terraforming and tree felling to ensure that arrows and beacons are visible in the modern landscape
    • .pln files for use within MSFS and with Little Nav Map and other flight planning software
    • a CSV file for building your own flight plans
    • KMZ reference files for each of the routes
    • a 32 page illustrated manual with information about the CAM system and the air mail pilots, the different elements of the addon, suggestions of what to fly, links to the original sectional and strip maps and the 1931 weather overviews for the states we cover

All three routes are provided as a single file so you can fly uninterrupted along the three airways airways between Salt Lake City, Portland, Seattle and Spokane.

You can download the update from our flightsim.to page - https://flightsim.to/file/32132/1926-airway-route-cam5

We also have Arrows Across America liveries for the DC Designs Stearman available at https://flightsim.to/file/45156/stea...arney-air-mail

We look forward to hearing what you think.

I love the project! Looking forward to flying the updated route over the holidays! Doing the Columbia River at night in real-world weather sounds thrilling.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I love the project! Looking forward to flying the updated route over the holidays! Doing the Columbia River at night in real-world weather sounds thrilling.
    Thanks, and look forward to hearing how you find it. Having tried to run the gorge in snow and fog, it can also be terrifying!

This is so great! Thanks so much.

Yesterday with live weather the attempt to Pasco from Portland got just too tough by the time I got to the Gorge. Sure helps to appreciate what these early mail pilots had to take on.

cheers,
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by pbearsailor View Post
    This is so great! Thanks so much.

Yesterday with live weather the attempt to Pasco from Portland got just too tough by the time I got to the Gorge. Sure helps to appreciate what these early mail pilots had to take on.

cheers,
    steve
    Thanks, and good to hear you are enjoying it. Hope you were able to put down at the Rufus ILF to wait out the weather!

Version 2.1 update:
    It seems there was an issue with our services files. This is an Asobo MSFS issue.
    It disables services on a global scale, including glider tows.
    We looked into it, and compiled an update. Please download and install this latest version, 2.1 It completey replaces version 2.0.
    Delete the 2.0 version from your Comunity folder, before installing this update.

Get it here: Arrows Across America: fly the US Air Mail routes 1926 » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Also, there is a nice trailer online, and hopefully more video's of the route from Salt-Lake City to Seatle will follow.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Members who have read this thread: 0