Tern Island - PHFS

Thread: Tern Island - PHFS

Tern Island - PHFS

Someone a while back wanted Tern Island redone. I had a problem in that I couldn't get the Islands to work right. Well ....... I got em now. You can Google Earth for Tern Island to see the real thing. I finely got the islands to work. This is my version. (Not finished yet, but close)
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Looking forward to the release Joe, I have a close friend who was stationed on Tern Island a while back. Rick Vetter and his wife Joan were living there for some time to study the wildlife. Should be fun to fly in there. Thanks!

Tom

harleyman
    Man...Its just a strip there......

Harleyman, yep just a strip with some buildings on one side for scientists etc. From the pictures Rick brought back a pretty cool place if you like seclusion.

harleyman
    Intresting......

tigisfat
    I've been waiting for someone to do one of these islands!!
    Now, if only someone would do Diego Garcia. I've got enough pics from there.:focus::ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Looking forward to the release Joe, I have a close friend who was stationed on Tern Island a while back. Rick Vetter and his wife Joan were living there for some time to study the wildlife. Should be fun to fly in there. Thanks!

Tom
    Tom ... can you post where the buildings are? The Google Earth view is really burned out.
    Thanks
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Ok .... I found some photo's this morning on the web.
    First is the real thing, Second is mine:
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

From the pictures that Rick showed me the pic on the left is identical. Most of the building are all on one side. There was a small dock at one end of the island I believe on the other side of the runway. Great stuff.

Tom

That little sand spit under the plane shows in some photo's and some it doesn't. Most of the ones that show it has a later date than the others. There was a Loran Antennae there and it shows in the left photo and it's 150 feet tall. I'm not sure it's still there but I show it. If someone could verify that it's gone I'll remove it.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

MorrisTheCat
    Looks nice Mr. Joe!

Regards,

MoCat

BananaBob
    I requested this island a while back Joe and it looks great! Looking forward to it. :ernae:

harleyman

Well ........... I have "cured" the problems I was having with this and have assigned some sounds to it. There are both night and day sounds. As soon as I can get it in an installer I'll post it here and at FlightSim.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

BananaBob
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Well ........... I have "cured" the problems I was having with this and have assigned some sounds to it. There are both night and day sounds. As soon as I can get it in an installer I'll post it here and at FlightSim.
    Thanks Joe!! :ernae:

Much appreciated Joe, looking forward to Tern Island.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

boy, you talk about the population.... man, thats not going to be a country soon....
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

harleyman
    Thanks Joe....Its great.....

The hardest part of Tern Island is not the Location, but the Birds!

Jacque Cousteau Did a documentary out there and the plane flying has balls, over 3 million birds, they have to shoo away, and he comes flying low in over the water, ducks in under the birds and touches down.

Just Crazy!

I made a small scenery after seeing this with a load of birds flying around. Just used Default scenery. Still fun to try and avoid all those birds!

The Navaho that he flys has a plate glass in the tail so they can do areal photography and video.

-- 3000 hours Flying the Finger ----

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_Horton View Post
    The hardest part of Tern Island is not the Location, but the Birds!

Jacque Cousteau Did a documentary out there and the plane flying has balls, over 3 million birds, they have to shoo away, and he comes flying low in over the water, ducks in under the birds and touches down.

Just Crazy!

I made a small scenery after seeing this with a load of birds flying around. Just used Default scenery. Still fun to try and avoid all those birds!

The Navaho that he flys has a plate glass in the tail so they can do areal photography and video.
    Tim ....... Thats going to be an issue in this one too. The maintenance on the runway is not ideal either.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Did Joe's new Tern Island for FSX ever get posted anywhere? If so, would someone please post a link.

Stan

Stan ....... There is an issue that I have to work out or fix or ignore......
    It will be uploaded.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Do it at your own pace - I'll wait. Thanks for all you do. I just thought I missed something.

Stan V.