Next Local Legends? Guess something?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Local Legends? Guess something?

Next Local Legends? Guess something?

Do You know what will be as the next plane for Local Legend?
    The next will be very soon - 17th of May but its TBA still, the next in the mid od Jun but you can notice TBA also. Maybe An-2 finally? However the next World Update will be Italy/Malta so I expect something from Italy.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I highly doubt it will be the AN-2, but I could be wrong. The developers have stated more than once they they've been unable to reach the Antonov team in Ukraine regarding licensing, and they're not trying right now because the Ukrainians have more important things to deal with. There has also been talk of the Mriya, but I don't know how they'd release that if it could require the same licensing.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The next local legend: the Savoia-Marchetti S.55 (three variants of it, apparently).

Right! Thx Paul! I found this info:

https://game-news24.com/2022/04/27/m...d-fsr-in-july/ .
    I hope this time they will do pilots from this period, not in basketball cap.

Its done by author of L-39 for FSX http://www.lotussim.com/about.html .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Mike from Lotussim is doing this one. I'll get it just know that he does nice work.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

What the hell, why not, éh ??!...

Another float plane to show off the most cheesy water spray effect ever in a video game.

For all i could hear in the video clip nothing about that from Mike Johnson...

Better drop the 'Lotus' nickname, Mike, something so neglectfull and sloppy would've never happend at the Lotus factory.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Mike from Lotussim is doing this one. I'll get it just know that he does nice work.
    IMHO, understatement of the week, Ryan..

'nice work' ?... In my flightsim book his FSX L-39 was nothing short of a revelation ! I guess you did not buy it.. ;-)

Btw, he did not do the MSFS Reno L-39 edition, did he ?...

Talented developer and I love that they're doing obscure planes. And I guess WW2 is off the table since Italy was mostly on the bad side. But I'll likely fly this about as much as I do the Dornier seaplane... (But, yeah, I will definitely buy it, because even if it's not a daily flier, I love me some between-the-wars aviation history.)

I hope for future planes they consider some of the real workhorses of the early aviation era:
    Airspeed Oxford
    Douglas DC-2
    Lockheed Electra
    Tugan Gannet
    ASJA Viking II

The SM.83 would have been something I'd have flown more than the seaplane, but I'll be the first to admit we've had enough trimotors for a while.

One of the upcoming local legends (but not the next one) will be the An-2 as Asobo stated a week or two ago that Antonov resumed contact with them and now they are finalizing the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I highly doubt it will be the AN-2, but I could be wrong. The developers have stated more than once they they've been unable to reach the Antonov team in Ukraine regarding licensing, and they're not trying right now because the Ukrainians have more important things to deal with. There has also been talk of the Mriya, but I don't know how they'd release that if it could require the same licensing.

Looks like they did modern pilots again, so you will see guy in baseball cap. The result is that this plane is not really for me, this detail is very important to me. Pity.

Exactly. Pity indeed ! They throw a bone at us but there ain't no meat on it. Who would've thought that..

These two cartoon characters there in the cockpit.. Ridiculous!

Who are they ?.. .. Prince and his brother ?.. . Sure, they loved to fly Italian double-hulled flying boats from the 1920's. How could we forget ??!..

What a waste of the extraordinairy talent of Mr. Johnson. Would be interesting to know what he thinks about the non existing waterspray effects and these two clowns in the cockpit...

It's like a nasty scratch on your brand new Maserati. All you can see is the scratch.. Sleep well..

Personally I doubt that the chosen subject is commercially viable.

Just my 2 € cents worth.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Nice job on the prop disks as seen in the preview video. I'm sold. Keep your PMDG 737... LOLWake effects in MSFS are awful. Not sure what the plan is or was there, but Asobo has been messing around with water textures since the launch and they seem to be getting worse.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I would love if they were to find a way to make the Boeing Model 100, P-12B/D, and F4B-1/2 types a "local legend" at some point, and modeled by someone who has a real affection for them too. Those particular aircraft are going to be a big deal this year and next, with several getting very close to flying here in the US. One of the most enthralling aircraft to fly, and it is easily one of the best looking aircraft of its era.

If they are going to keep on the seaplane kick, it would be nice to see some of the Schneider Cup racers as well.
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; May 8th, 2022 at 11:45.

If we talk about wishes Id like to see Boeing Monomail too in MSFS:

It was quite nice model for FSX of this plane.

Btw. Today (on Netflix) I noticed Japan anime movie Porco Rosso https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104652/ . S.55 is here :

It was good movie for lazy Sunday between popcorn and cola .

A Boeing clipper would be my choice along the thread of seaplanes. It would be a complicated build to include all of the interior detail. Someone made one for FSX me recalls, but it was pricy.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    A Boeing clipper would be my choice along the thread of seaplanes. It would be a complicated build to include all of the interior detail. Someone made one for FSX me recalls, but it was pricy.
    It will be:

Why do you guys keep wishing for floatplanes ?? Just makes MS/Asobo think they are doing fine when it comes to float planes while they certainly are not !

All the beauty and magnificence of MSFS dissappears when you dare to look at a float plane taking off or land on water. Turns it into a silly childs game at best.

To me it would be the same if MSFS aircraft models didn't have turning wheels. No turning wheels ? Oh well, who cares...

Don't buy MSFS float planes until they fix the shameful waterspray effects (which in fact are not even there.. just a cheesy wake effect)

Ok, i'll get off my wet soapbox now and if i'm the only one that truly hates the total lack of dedicated floatplane water effects so be it.

If you need a reminder of what floatplane water effects are all about check this out :

https://youtu.be/En0JX4HmSuo?t=1957

(Ok, just an average nice looking take-off/landing waterspray effect will be fine too ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    I would love if they were to find a way to make the Boeing Model 100, P-12B/D, and F4B-1/2 types a "local legend" at some point, and modeled by someone who has a real affection for them too. Those particular aircraft are going to be a big deal this year and next, with several getting very close to flying here in the US. One of the most enthralling aircraft to fly, and it is easily one of the best looking aircraft of its era.
    +1 !

@Javis - MSFS is like a novel we bought that the author is still writing. This is good for only one reason - no one can skip to the last page and see how it ends.

@Bomber12th - YES - the early Boeing biplanes (especially the F4B) are historically significant having established regular carrier aircraft wing and squadron operations,
    the P12 doing as much for the early AAC.

Coming up on the Centennial for both aircraft (first flown June and August 1928 respectively) with the F4B's being carrier operational in 1934 on both Enterprise and Lexington
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    @Javis - MSFS is like a novel we bought that the author is still writing. This is good for only one reason - no one can skip to the last page and see how it ends.
    Certainly, if you want to look at it that way. And it's going reasonably well despite the continuous additions, errata and addenda (sometimes it's hard to keep up with the story because of this. F.i. when exactly did Jack marry Jill.. ? ). It has become clear however, already in the second chapter of the novel, that the author seems to have lost the connection between certain aspects of the story and is clearly trying to get away with that. Shove it under the rug so to speak.

We, as his faithful fans and followers, cannot let that happen and desperately need to keep confronting the author about this important discrepancy otherwise the novel may end up as a cheap Doctor's Novel available for 50 cents at a card table on 6th Avenue.

I mean, who'd want that !?

Members who have read this thread: 0