Japanese aircraft skins by UncleTgt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Japanese aircraft skins by UncleTgt

Akemi A6M2b skinpack 1 UT

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - Japanese

Description: Akemi A6M2b Zero skinpack1 by UncleTgt

This is a revision of Akemi's A6M2b Zero for CFS 2. The model has ben tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. A semi-gloss mdl is supplied to better depict the polished alum finish used by these aircraft.

The airfile only has a description changed to read in English. The textures have been redrawn to try & match the stock textures in appearance, & depict a variety of aircraft at different times throughout their active service.

The textures supplied are: DIII-103 Aircraft flown from Ryujo during August 1942. The red fuselage stripes match those found on a D3A wreck at Guadalcanal (see Pacificwrecks.com) even though most researchers conclude Ryujo's aircraft should still be wearing yellow ID stripes.

EII-122 Aircraft used by Zuikaku's air group during August '42.

EII-103 Aircraft from Zuikaku circa October '42.

DII-104 Aircraft based on Junyo, October '42.

The 2D panel bitmap has been made WIN 7+ friendly. I combined Morton's excellent 2D panel with Akemi's VC panel view, & improved the resolution of the VC view instruments.

The .dp file makes use of Kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of Allen's Japanese bombs, & Thicko's D4Y2 wing pylons. I converted it to read in English instead of Japanese.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Akemi for a great series of multi-LOD aircraft

Allen for his DOSmdlc_2, making shine & mdl size changes possible in WIN7+.

Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes.

Kelticheart for his exhaust effects, & inspiration for the propeller bitmaps.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

MAY 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Akemi A6M2b skinpack 1 UT
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon22 Akemi A6M2b-t skinpack 1 UT

Description: Akemi A6M2b-t Zero skinpack1 by UncleTgt

This is a revision of Akemi's A6M2b-t Zero for CFS 2. The model has ben tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. A semi-gloss mdl is supplied to better depict the polished alum finish used by these aircraft.

The airfile only has a description changed to read in English. The textures have been redrawn to try & match the stock textures in appearance, & depict a variety of aircraft at different times throughout their active service.

The textures supplied are: X-182 Aircraft from 3rd Ku, based at Rabaul during September '42.

F-143 Aircraft from 4th Ku fighter hikotai, flying from Rabaul circa March '42.

V-128 Aircraft of Tainan ku, flying out of Rabaul in August '42. Possibly one of Saburo Sakai's aircraft.

The 2D panel bitmap has been made WIN 7+ friendly. I combined Morton's excellent 2D panel with Akemi's VC panel view, & improved the resolution of the VC view instruments.

The .dp file makes use of Kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of Allen's Japanese bombs, & Thicko's D4Y2 wing pylons. I converted it to read in English instead of Japanese.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/ copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

Thanks to: Akemi for a great series of multi-LOD aircraft.

Martin Wright for so many useful tools, in this case in particular MDLmat allowing aircraft model material transparency & colour changes.

UncleTgt,

MAY 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit akemi A6M2b-t skinpack 1 UT

Icon22 akemi A6M2N skinpack 1 UT

Description: Akemi A6M2N Rufe skinpack1 by UncleTgt

This is a revision of Akemi's A6M2N Rufe for CFS 2. The model has ben tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. A semi-gloss mdl is supplied to better depict the polished alum finish used by these aircraft.

The textures supplied are: Y-104 Aircraft from Yokohama ku, probably destroyed at Tulagi, August '42.

YII-105 Aircraft from Kamikawa Maru's air group, circa September '42.

NI-118 Aircraft of 802ku, circa December '42.

The 2D panel bitmap has been made WIN 7+ friendly. I combined Morton's excellent 2D Zero panel with Akemi's VC panel view, & improved the resolution of the VC view instruments.

The aircraft.cfg references one of Bill Kestell's excellent waterspray effects & this is included.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS 2 install.

UncleTgt

MAY 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit akemi A6M2N skinpack 1 UT

akemi D3A1 skinpack 1 UT

Description: Akemi D3A1 Val skinpack1 by UncleTgt

This is a revision of Akemi's D3A1 Val for CFS 2. The model has been tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat.

The textures supplied are: EII-235 Aircraft from Zuikaku's air group, May '42.

EII-235 Aircraft from Zuikaku's air group, August '42.

EII-208 Aircraft from Zuikaku circa October '42. This a/c should really be a D3A2 model.

DII-215 Aircraft based on Junyo, October '42.

The 2D panel bitmap has been made WIN 7+ friendly. I combined Shina's excellent 2D panel with Akemi's VC panel view, & improved the resolution of the VC view instruments.

The .dp file makes use of Kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of Allen's Japanese bombs. I converted it to read in English instead of Japanese.

UncleTgt,

MAY 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit akemi D3A1 skinpack 1 UT

akemi D3A1 skinpack 2 UT

Description: Akemi D3A1 Val skinpack2 by UncleTgt

This is a revision of Akemi's D3A1 Val for CFS 2. The model has been tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat.

The textures supplied are: Q-213 Aircraft of 2nd Ku, flying out of Rabaul & Bougainville during August '42.

33-203 An aircraft of 33rd Ku, operating from New Britain & Lae PNG during May '42.

31-212 An aircraft operated by 31st Ku, operating from Bougainville & Rabaul during October '42.

The 2D panel bitmap has been made WIN 7+ friendly. I combined Shina's excellent 2D panel with Akemi's VC panel view, & improved the resolution of the VC view instruments.

The .dp file makes use of Kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of Allen's Japanese bombs. I converted it to read in English instead of Japanese.

UncleTgt,

MAY 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit akemi D3A1 skinpack 2 UT

Japanese aircraft skins by UncleTgt

Just a heads up that I've uploaded some new skins for Akemi's A6M2b, A6M2b-t, A6M2N & D3A1 planes. Plus some Guadacanal skins for Thicko's B5N2 ...

Get them in this section of the CFS2 Skin Downloads

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=60

Most include shined mdls, WIN7+ safe 2D panels & better resolution VC panels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mz_a6m2b_skinpack1_UT.jpg   Thicko_B5N2_skinpack1_UT.jpg   mz_a6m2b-t_skinpack1_UT.jpg   mz_d3a1_skinpack1_UT.jpg   mz_d3a1_skinpack2_UT.jpg  

They are fantastic, John, thanks a lot.
    I'll put them to use right away!

Hi UncleTgt,

Superb work as usual.

Cheers,

Stuart

Thicko B5N2 Kate skinpack 1 UT

Description: Nakajima B5N2 Kate Skinpack1 by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the Nakajima B5N2 Kate by Thicko for CFS 2. I just cut & pasted the MS stock Kate texture templates to fit Thicko's mapping, & then painted some new colours & markings over the new monocolour. template created.

The model has ben tweaked with a blue/green glass colour & slight changes to sheen using MDLmat. The dp file makes use of Kelticheart's exhaust effects. It makes use of Allen's Japanese bombs.

The textures are: DIII-306 An aircraft from Ryujo's air group, circa August '42. The red fuselage stripes are based on examination of a wreck found on Guadalcanal island dating from this time period (see pacificwrecks.com). Most researchers had concluded Ryujo would be wearing yellow ID markings, not the red stripes found on this wreck.

EII-323 An aircraft from Zuikaku's air group, August '42.

EII-323 The same aircraft circa October '42.

DII-306 An aircraft from Junyo's air group, October '42.

Thanks to: Thicko for the original aircraft. So good, even after all these years.

Kudos to MS for the undoubted quality in the Textures used on the Stock aircraft - they are such a detailed base, complete with paint chips & weathering. They must have taken an absolute age to finalize.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions

UncleTgt,

MAY 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Thicko B5N2 Kate skinpack 1 UT

Icon26

Thx UT!!!

Nuthin ,like getting new skins and make old ac's like brand new!!

Cheers mav

Beautiful work Uncle. Many thanks for this finely crafted set.

Many thanks for this beautiful work Uncle.

Especially Akemi Val and Rufe lacked good textures .

Icon22 Reply...

UncleTgt,

Many thank yous for all of these new skins, I can't wait to fly them!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

No stopping you John, nice work.

BTW I know where you can get a D3A2 model, LOL
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Library Staff
    You never cease to amaze me John. Thanks very much for all of these fabulous liveries.

Cheers,

Kevin

Got 'em all...thanks!

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    Got 'em all...thanks!
    Yeh, what he said!!!

Cheers mav

Many thanks Uncle Tgt, very beautifull liveries

Keep on this wonderfull work

Cheers
    Martin

Did some back in DEC 2011...

This links to one of 3:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=60&id=5009

CK D3A2 Val skinpack 1 UT

Description: D3A2 Val Skinpack1 by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for Captain Kurt's D3A2 Val for CFS 2. It depicts aircraft from the Guadacanal & Solomons period.

I revised the airfile to match historical performance for range & speed, & tweaked the AI formation keeping (less bobbing up & down). I adjusted the DP to provide a LR ferry option, using a belly mounted droptank (as seen in the Hiyo photo in CK's original release).

The textures are:

82-227 An aircraft from 582 ku, operating out of Rabaul, January 1943

1-2-204 Aircraft from Zuikaku airgroup, circa April 1943

T3-260 Another aircraft from 582 ku, deployed to Munda, New Georgia during July-August 1943

52-265 Aircraft used by 552 ku during it's deployment to Rabaul, January 1944

Thanks to

Captain Kurt for an excellent rendition of the D3A2 Val, filling an important gap in PTO.

UncleTgt
    JUL 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CK D3A2 Val skinpack 1 UT

CK D3A2 Val skinpack 2 UT

Description: D3A2 Val Skinpack2 by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for Captain Kurt's D3A2 Val for CFS 2. It depicts aircraft from the later war period.

I revised the airfile to match historical performance for range & speed, & tweaked the AI formation keeping (less bobbing up & down). I adjusted the DP to provide a LR ferry option, using a belly mounted droptank (as seen in the Hiyo photo in CK's original release).

The textures are:

321-226 An aircraft flying from the carrier Junyo, June 1944

USA-529 A taining aircraft from the Usa area airgroup, circa November 1944

NAG-282 A kamikaze aircraft from the Nagoya Kaigun airgroup, April 1945

Thanks to

Captain Kurt for an excellent rendition of the D3A2 Val, filling an important gap in PTO.

UncleTgt
    JUL 2022

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CK D3A2 Val skinpack 2 UT

An exceptional job and collection. Thank you UncleTgt!!!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Hi UncleTgt
    Wonderful work as usual
    Take Care
    Stuart

Members who have read this thread: 1