Goofing around with Alpha/Virtavia B-2A

Thread: Goofing around with Alpha/Virtavia B-2A

Icon12 Goofing around with Alpha/Virtavia B-2A

I like to play around with the old Alpha B-2A Spirit from time to time but the included sound file always bugged me a little.
    It just seems too quiet, which may be due to an old airshow trick the flight crews might still play. Since its a stealth bomber it should sound quiet, so during a fly-by the crew would come in "hot" then throttle back and "coast" over the airshow. Since the B-2's FMC is designed to keep the plane in its most efficient attitude, it takes a while for the airframe to bleed off speed and the crew could over-run the airshow by a fair bit before needing to get back on the power.

So, I've been playing around with some sound sets and found a nice one with some decent volume.
    Head over to Historic Jetliners Group and download their Convair 880 GE CJ805-3A & -3B TURBOJET sound pack.
    I updated the alarms (stall and overspeed) to use the "Betty" sound effects but otherwise it sounds much better.

That hadn't occurred to me, ive seen the B2 a number of times at RIAT and i dont recall it making any sound at all, and to muddy the water's a little, B2's at UK airshows always seem to be accompanied by a pair of Lakenheath F15's

Members who have read this thread: 0