Sim Update IX is now live - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sim Update IX is now live

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    The update in itself went super smooth in "Maison Priller".

Gradually adding choice aircraft back into the community folder, but I've just been diagnosed with hernia, so it's just small hops for the time being. Can't stay seated for too long.

The painkillers also turned me into a not so attentive pilot...

Priller
    Good luck with the hernia. I had one - umbilical. Had the surgery and had two more to clear adhesion, which ended up as painful as the original hernia. Yes, flying style was definitely altered due to my altered state during recovery! Good luck with it, Priller. Get a cane. It WILL and DOES help.

Don BP

The latest from Dean regarding the Concorde:
    After tremendous work by CodenameJack, and Concorde users "LameLefty" and "RESETXPDR" on the Microsoft forums, all of the engine and fuel issues have been diagnosed and fixed. The updates will be sent to Just Flight and the Marketplace today to ensure Concorde gets back into the skies as quickly as possible for all owners.I should also add that Jorg Neumann at Microsoft has been hugely helpful in talking over what went wrong. We were able to find a way to improve the communication between Asobo Studios and third-party developers prior to Sim Update releases, so that all developers know more about what has actually been changed within the sim *before* the final update rolls out. The plan is that with a detailed Changelog in advance of Sim Update releases ( but while still in beta ), devs can rapidly locate and diagnose issues and prepare their updates with more accuracy, instead of wondering what's a new sim-bug and what's a genuine fix or change each time the updates roll out. This idea is a WIP, as it would require Asobo to lock down their code earlier to give developers more time to make changes, but Jorg liked the idea and hopefully it will become a thing in the future.

Concorde's update should reach users today or tomorrow, depending on where you purchased Concorde.
    https://www.facebook.com/DCDesignsAi...42167159437594
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Blog Entries

Priller
    Flying while taking painkillers! You are as bad as I am. Flying is so much more fun with your favorite adult beverage. I even build a spot where I can park the glass safely. So long as I don't go negative on the Gees, I am good.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 8700 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Sadly, drinking an adult beverage isn't advisable with the meds I'm taking...

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

The update in itself went super smooth in "Maison Priller".

Gradually adding choice aircraft back into the community folder, but I've just been diagnosed with hernia, so it's just small hops for the time being. Can't stay seated for too long.

Priller
    I can definitely sympathize with you. My wife had a kidney transplant in March, and a week later the incision developed a hernia, which the surgeons repaired by leaving the incision open and putting a "wound vac" on the open wound. A month later she developed ANOTHER hernia, which with an open wound we could actually see the segment of bowel that herniated. So, another surgery to repair the second hernia. This time they closed up the incision after putting in a bio-mesh to keep everything in its' place. She's almost 3 weeks out from the last surgery and is on the mend, but as you can imagine she has been in a great deal of pain. I have been very busy shuttling her back and forth to Mayo Clinic for wound care and post-transplant visits to check on the health of the new kidney as well as being her primary caregiver taking care of basic needs. No need to explain how tired I am. Kind of hard to get a good nights' sleep when the wife is making involuntary OW's whenever she shifts position. Good thing I have FMLA and plenty of leave accrued. I've been off work for 8 weeks and will likely need another two weeks until she is able to take care of herself. Good news is that everything is going great with the transplanted kidney.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Damn Paiken, let me start by wishing all the best to you and your Mrs.! Speedy recovery to her, and loads of rest to you! It's like I'm getting the easy deal, although waking up in the morning tells me a different story.

And thanks to Jmig and Bushpounder for putting a smile on my face.

Back on topic: how're you people feeling about the new update? Can't really say that I'm experiencing performance gains or anything, but performance hasn't degraded either. Not much in terms of visuals either (good or bad)

Cheers,

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

The update went remarkably smooth for me. It may be because I just bought a new computer as my old Alienware finally gave up. Be sure to update your video drivers as Nvidia just released a new, more stable driver. I had only one CTD, which was my fault (forgot to empty the Community folder).
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Update done, including Content Manager, in less than 15 minutes. This is why I wait a few days. Testing will be this afternoon after I get some food and groceries.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Update done, including Content Manager, in less than 15 minutes. This is why I wait a few days. Testing will be this afternoon after I get some food and groceries.
    Don't forget the beer!! I did the same as you. I did all the updating (went smoothly) and see nothing negative. At the same time, I am not seeing any noticeable improvements. I read somewhere they modified the clouds, but I did not have time to mess with that yet. Going back in and looking at it again this afternoon.

Don

That shelf in my fridge is stocked already!

I'm getting ready to head in and try a flight here in a few. I've read that frames aren't as good as before, but I'm hoping that's not the case with my setup.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    That shelf in my fridge is stocked already!

I'm getting ready to head in and try a flight here in a few. I've read that frames aren't as good as before, but I'm hoping that's not the case with my setup.
    Yeah, quite a bit of chatter about the performance after updating, but a very mixed bag:

Massive FPS drop because of SU9 - Bug Reports / Install, Performance & Graphics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Cheers,

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    I can definitely sympathize with you. My wife had a kidney transplant in March, and a week later the incision developed a hernia, which the surgeons repaired by leaving the incision open and putting a "wound vac" on the open wound. A month later she developed ANOTHER hernia, which with an open wound we could actually see the segment of bowel that herniated. So, another surgery to repair the second hernia. This time they closed up the incision after putting in a bio-mesh to keep everything in its' place. She's almost 3 weeks out from the last surgery and is on the mend, but as you can imagine she has been in a great deal of pain. I have been very busy shuttling her back and forth to Mayo Clinic for wound care and post-transplant visits to check on the health of the new kidney as well as being her primary caregiver taking care of basic needs. No need to explain how tired I am. Kind of hard to get a good nights' sleep when the wife is making involuntary OW's whenever she shifts position. Good thing I have FMLA and plenty of leave accrued. I've been off work for 8 weeks and will likely need another two weeks until she is able to take care of herself. Good news is that everything is going great with the transplanted kidney.
    You have my admiration and respect. Your wife is fortunate to have you as her husband. True love is reveled not during the good times, but under the duress and stress of the bad. All the best to you and your wife.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 8700 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

On my one flight so far, my frames in the Kodiak went from an average of 30-35 to about 27-32, but that could be attributed to the heavy cloud cover. I keep my Task Manager open on my laptop's internal monitor to watch the graphs, and neither the GPU nor the CPU were maxed. I still saw occasional stutters when both chips would drop to nearly nothing, which I think is still a mystery over at the official board too, but I can live with it as seldom as it happens - except when it's on landing. Then it's just a pain.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

OK, so I have updated the sim to SU9 but now none of the aircraft in the community folder will load.

The sim starts to load the flight but then just crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    The sim starts to load the flight but then just crashes.
    This often happens to me, because I'm always messing around in the back-end with things I know nothing about
    When it happens, I just go to my AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8 wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache folder and delete these two files:
    Content.xml
    ROLLINGCACHE.CCC
    The sim re-creates these two files when you re-launch it.

Patch:
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-notes-1-25-9-0-sim-update-9-patch/516755?u=true
    If you are playing on PC, some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behaviour.Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.
    General bugfix 1.25.9.0
    Unfortunately, 4 weeks of beta testing (with two build updates) did not help us clearly identify some crashes related to operations on the world map when downloading packages or content in the background that have been released alongside Sim Update 9 (1.25.7.0). We are working to identify this gap in our beta testing and aim to better cover these cases moving forward. We thank you for your patience.

• Fixed various crashes on the world map
    • Fixed crashes affecting airports that have a beacon but no runway (BIKF for example)
    • Fixed simobject data request creation process preventing Flight sim gear peripherals from working
    • Fixed a crash in vector placement during back to main menu
    • Fixed LOD streaming in vector placement in the Scenery editor
    • Fixed windshield flickering when the render scale is not set to 100%
    • Fixed CGL updating loading order to ensure custom CGL files are loaded correctly
    • Fixed ATC Azure TTS goes silent while in gameplay
    • Fixed crashes about SimConnect message reception after being closed in WASM

For me 341Mb.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I needed to re-install Flight Simulator a couple of days before SU9 was released and because I wasn't feeling the best I left SU9 to run overnight but when I got up next morning there was no indication if it had installed or not. It didn't. How do I get the update?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Next time you start MSFS, if there is an update to do, it will tell you during the 'load up' process.
    Probably tell you to update the Xbox Store 1st. Once you do that then the Update should occur in the next MSFS start up.
    Then when fully loaded you need to check your Content Manager/Profile to see if any small updates have been tucked away there.
    PITA process.
    Good luck
    T43

If you bought through the MS Store, click the library icon and check the last modified date on the sim. Also, the deep core files should be in this folder:
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.9 .0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Note that the path changes with every new version #, so if you don't have this, check for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7 .0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe, which was the original major update version.

(I keep this path in a text file and update it with each new release.)
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Thanks fellas. Going to be a busy weekend.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Members who have read this thread: 0