Crash to Desktop on Warping

Thread: Crash to Desktop on Warping

Crash to Desktop on Warping

Hi all,

I have here a sort of Stock CFS3 with addition of Ankors Shaders (latest) and WOFF clouds and an aircraft or two.
    All worked like a charm until I got a little overenthousiastic and installed MWScenery (found here)
    CFS still starts, everything appears ok. Until I hit x (warp)
    stutter.. stutter... desktop. No Errors on screen.

Only log entry I found is in D3D8.log and states:
    319.50: create_minidump - Unhandled Exception 0xC0000005 at EIP=0x45710F (dll base is 0x50150000)

I have uninstalled MWScenery, but same issue. I can of course rebuild this installation, but I'm curious where it went wrong.
    Do you guys have any pointers?

I feel for you! I used to have MW weather app installed way back but sort of stopped using that once ETO came along, and IIRC the reason were such issues. One thing that I have leaned is always to back up any install before major changes; but I do have 4 HDs on my PC which helps! I am sorry that I can't be more helpful. Gecko or Daiwilletti might be though.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Leichim,
    there are many and various ways that CFS3 will crash, which makes problem solving a little difficult.
    One of the things which has been catching me out is scenery density. Got a new graphics card and it was prone to freezing when I cranked up the scenery density in the scenerybudgets.xml. IIRC WM scenery comes with its own scenery and terrain budget xml files?
    What is the capability of your graphics card set up?

Have a shot at tweaking the budgets files to reduce memory load. Just a stab in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Hi Leichim,
    there are many and various ways that CFS3 will crash, which makes problem solving a little difficult.
    One of the things which has been catching me out is scenery density. Got a new graphics card and it was prone to freezing when I cranked up the scenery density in the scenerybudgets.xml. IIRC WM scenery comes with its own scenery and terrain budget xml files?
    What is the capability of your graphics card set up?

Have a shot at tweaking the budgets files to reduce memory load. Just a stab in the dark.
    GPU should be able to handle that. Radeon RX-5500 XT 8Gb
    But I couldn't really see the logic in the WMScenery Interface so I may have overdone that here and there..
    I'll give it a shot.

Members who have read this thread: 0