SWS Carrier Extensions

Thread: SWS Carrier Extensions

SWS Carrier Extensions

It appears I'm a little late to the party.

I recently got the urge to fly something new and purchased the SWS "Legacy" Phantom II - like I needed another Phantom package, right?

After my first flight, FSXA started to recycle. What I mean is that after I exited my flight and closed FSX, I would get an error message and FSX would reboot on its own. I narrowed down the cause to the CarrierExtensions.dll entry in the dll.xml file. That entry has been removed. Unfortunately, I'm unable to configure the deck of the Coral Sea. Anyone encounter this issue?

I've been through the SWS website and searched other forums but haven't found any more information. SWS no longer supports the Phantom package so at the moment I'm on my own. BTW - the install still overwrites the dll.xml file.

Thanks in advance.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Had all sorts of unresolved problems with the SWS legacy Phantoms - mostly their not working on the SWS carriers. So, I then went and paid for the PBR versions - which had different problems. Waste of money like so much other payware I regret buying that sits unused in the hangar.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Same here. Had problems with the boats first but really liked them so I kept trying. I finally caved a got the F-4 and like expat says it turned out to be a eat waste of money. A true exercise in futility. A shame really but have to chalk it up to experience.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Worst thing is that they donīt know how to do a installer. Installing either ships or Phantom the installer wipes the dll-file clean. Maybe this is the cause for your further problems.

Prior to my purchase I did my research and was prepared for the dll.xml overwrite.

One other curious issue during the install is that the installer never prompted me for the product Serial Code. Everything seems to install fine, but the CarrierExtensions.dll just doesn't want to play right.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Members who have read this thread: 0