Boeing 707

Thread: Boeing 707

Question Boeing 707

Does anyone know of a good quality freeware Boeing 707 ?

Looking for something that covers all military and civilian variations/models.

TSquare

Quote Originally Posted by TSquare View Post

TSquare
    HJG has several - none work in P3d though.

Check This Out

Besides Capt Sim and AI aircraft, I found this. It is mentioned on other sites but none had it to download except fsfreeware. Here is the link to it:

https://www.fs-freeware.net/download...0-package.html

I have not downloaded it or checked it out. I believe that I have downloaded from here before but I always am sure that my virus software is activated and working before I download anything from anywhere except AVSIM or FLIGHTSIM.

By the way, what sim are you intending to use a 707 in???

HJG has several - none work in P3d though.
    I just ran the HJG KC-135A model through the Great Configurator (MCX) - looking for a SAC era AI tanker at the moment - and it came out looking wonderful in P3Dv4.5 with flaps and spoilers and lights all working except the stabilizer is in a death dive down position and the refueling boom is stuck across the fuselage belly. I haven't got the hang of animations yet clearly!

HJG C-135 and other various models all are quite good with great repaint options. Just don't know how those guys cope with no VC and FS2004.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I just looked at my hangar and the one I have is this one on FlightSim:
    FSX - FSX Jetliners FSX Boeing 707 With Reworked VC And 2D Panels
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: fsx_b707_updated.zip
    Size: 71,256,822 Date: 06-22-2020 Downloads: 2,060

FSX Boeing 707 With Reworked VC And 2D Panels. This is an update of the legendary Boeing 707 by Libardo Guzman. As none of the various virtual cockpits and 2D panels coming with diverse updates of this beautiful model have ever satisfied me I've decided to offer a new package with new reworked panels. I've tried to design and configure the panels as close and authentic as possible to the real 707 panel. The package includes 15 selected texture sets, among them Lufthansa, AA, Pan Am, USA-1, AWACS and others. The package comes with automatic exhaust smoke and new camera views. Thanks to Libardo Guzman for the great original model. Also, credits go to Andre Ludick for the South African repaint, to Erwin Welker for the additional camera views and to Bill Melichar for his great sound. New VC and 2D panel as well as smoke configuration by Michael Pook. The model may also work in P3D v3).

It seems to be very similar to the one tgycgijoes referenced above except this was done by Michael Pook ( the other shows "Chris Evans"). Visuals aren't bad, if fairly basic. Animations are decent - the AWACS (Aircraft With A Circular Spinner) dome rotates. There's no tanker version however.

Flew a quick flight in the Sentry and it's mostly OK but the CofG seems off - at flare it was about 30* nose high but that may have been partly my fault, coming of an ILS with guestimated speeds. The VC is OK-ish - worst sin is that the yoke hides the HSI which makes it almost mandatory to use the pop-up AH/HSI.

Certainly not immersive payware quality, but it IS free.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

I know you are looking for freeware, BUT - if you really want what I consider the ultimate 707, the Captain Sim 707 for fsx is really the ultimate. I had the FS9, then FSX versions and they are terrific. The only reason that I keep FSX Steam on my computer is to fly their 707s and 727s, both of which don't work in P3D. The 707 base package is the 300B; They have an addon for the and 300C cargo version, VC-137 and E-3 at a small additional cost.

It is beyond me that after all this time CS have not managed a 64 bit version of their wonderful 707 and 727 models. Miss them dearly.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    It is beyond me that after all this time CS have not managed a 64 bit version of their wonderful 707 and 727 models. Miss them dearly.
    Have you noticed what CS is up to with MSFS? Releasing a C-130 without a cockpit? They just don't have the coders anymore. I guess that they treat their coders the same way they treat their customers. Just sayin'.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

By the way, what sim are you intending to use a 707 in???

FSX of course ! I am one of those diehard FSX fans !!

TSquare

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Have you noticed what CS is up to with MSFS? Releasing a C-130 without a cockpit? They just don't have the coders anymore. I guess that they treat their coders the same way they treat their customers. Just sayin'.

Priller
    I agree, BUT - I have been a CS fan for many years. Yes, some of their stuff was rushed, newer versions somewhat lacking. However, as of late I got their 737s (100, 200, 3/4/500) for P3D and I am fully pleased to say the least. Of course the prices are a little steep, but at 79 years old now and do not drink or play golf, I have some spending money once in awhile --

SOH-CM-2020
    I know that you're after a freeware 707 , but if you're patient Capt Sim have some good deals with their sales and I highly recommend their 707.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by TSquare View Post

TSquare
    Hi,

just some time ago i started to do those military models for myself in P3D 4.5 (don`t know if they will work in FSX and can not test this). They are not ready now, but work so far very well. Will open another point in P3d section to show all these models soon. Variants from 707 and KC-135 will be part of it.

Just some shots.

The AWACS radar only will rotate, if you got the original Captain Sim model. You will need two gauges from them. If you don`t have it, the radar will be shown, but will not rotate.
    In all models i merge the modern cokpit of a 737 freeware (that matches better to the updated AWACS from Nato. Of course you also can use the original one from base models.)

Will take some time to end these all. But that`s my next project after ending the Ju-52 variants in short time.

greetings
    Klaus

KC-135 variants

OC-135B (Open Skies)

RC-135S

RC-135U

and an older AWACS version

greetings
    Klaus

SOH-CM-2023
    There is a pretty decent KC-135 available (Can't remember where I got it) comes in the A model through the "New" ones with the CF-6's .

As for a converted HJG 707,and the horizontal tail. You need to go into that part's animation and limit the degrees to around 10 deg. + or -.

You could use the VC from the previously mentioned KC-135 in any of the 135 based HJG airframes after conversion
    You can't take the sky from me...

SOH-CM-2023
    Found the KC-135 in question over at Simvation. Search in FSX/military, KC135.

javascriptpenWindow('download-file?file=KC135Package.zip&fileId=55914%27,%20800, %20600);void(0)
    You can't take the sky from me...

As for a converted HJG 707,and the horizontal tail. You need to go into that part's animation and limit the degrees to around 10 deg. + or -.

You could use the VC from the previously mentioned KC-135 in any of the 135 based HJG airframes after conversion
    Thanks very much Brian for the guidance - will give it a try. HJG has very good KC-135 variants.
    Cheers.
    Expat

Klaus - looks like you have the POSKY/SkySpirit/TDS ground service equipment/animations working with those models?! Intrigued . .

Klaus, your work looks absolutely terrific, please jeep us posted.
    about HJG gréât model, is the fax conversion available?
    Thanks

Klaus - looks like you have the POSKY/SkySpirit/TDS ground service equipment/animations working with those models?! Intrigued . .
    That`s right. Work`s fine.

As the POSKY GSE are part of the model, you must have had to "attach" these objects to the aircraft model using MCX?

As the POSKY GSE are part of the model, you must have had to "attach" these objects to the aircraft model using MCX?
    That's right. Extrakt... change some things... and then recompile with MCX.Works fine for me

Greetings
    Klaus

That is very cool.

Members who have read this thread: 9