It took me two years, but finally had to do a uninstall...

Thread: It took me two years, but finally had to do a uninstall...

It took me two years, but finally had to do a uninstall...

Yesterday, late morning, I kept trying to boot MSFS. It would get no further than a minute or so, would stop. I made several attempts, with no success. I finally decided to do a uninstall/reinstall. But after several hours, I gave up in frustration. Powered up my PC this morning and the reinstall went smoothly. I've no clue what what was the problem yesterday. Perhaps the server was down, but I couldn't find any references to it on the forums. I am glad this doesn't happen often. What a pain. NC

Gremlins in the computer, Pete!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpeg 
Views:	179 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	86953
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I have had a new issue pop up lately with momentary freezing. Never seen it before, checked my hardware, any new addons, can't figure it out. The issue is distracting considering it was running fine recently. If I can't find the issue, I may do the same. I have everything backed up for a quick re-install.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry you had to go through a complete re-install :/
    I have been lucky for now. Since I have installed the sim, the only time it refused to launch was because I had left an incompatible addon in the community folder after a sim or world update. Emptied the community and the sim booted normally upon next attempt.
    My brother still has a very slow ADSL connexion. Being forced to perform a full re-install would probably trigger a shout or two...

I use Addon-Linker, and it is a lifesaver when it comes to installing aircraft, scenery, etc. I have three separate external ssd drives (Aircraft, Scenery, Orbx), and I pick/choose what I want, based on category (Classic Warbirds, GA, NAVAIR, STOL, Gliders, etc). Just a awesome add-on.

Did a complete reinstall myself yesterday, including Windows. For some reason the faulty SU9 update made it impossible to reinstall just MSFS. Still can't quite figure out why. (MS Store wouldn't "see" my storage devices.) Luckily, everything was backed up so getting things sorted wasn't difficult, just time consuming.

If this had been my former FSX build I wouldn't be so gracious; that one was "customized" and took hours and hours of fine tuning. At least MSFS 2020 doesn't require that level of rebuild...

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Isn't this fun, Pete??!! LOL!

Don
    Well, at least it keeps me thinking. Helps wipe away the cobwebs in my old brain..🤣 Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0