87 Days Updates

Thread: 87 Days Updates

87 Days Updates

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: Some players have reported that the numbers of palm trees at Henderson are slowing their frame rates. In addition one player reported a CTD when flying Free Flight from Rekata.

UncleTgt has made new frame rate friendly palms and new area excludes which address the issues.

This is an easy install. Open the Palmtrees_UT folder, then copy all the folders inside it and paste them directly into your 87 Days CFS2 folder and let them overwrite. Only the new files will be copied. That's it, and you are ready to go.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit 87 Days Updates
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks Kurt & UT!!!

I had no idea the default cfs2 scenery was so bear! Lol

I finally have a garden!

Cheers mav

The good Captain and Uncle have come through again. Thanks guys!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Help!

I hate like the dickens to ask stupid questions, but I'd rather display ignorance than screw something up. I'm a bit uncertain regarding the GSL adds contained in the new 87 Days Updates.
    cfs2.gsl
    f7e71c.gsl
    f8071c.gsl
    f9870c.gsl
    f9870e.gsl

I understand adding gsl via the GSL.man application in my Theater Install, but these files (except cfs2.gsl) give me pause. I'm unsure what to do with them. Do I replace my current cfs2.gsl with this new one and add the others with the file manager?

Library Staff
    Hi Worthless,

I don't think this is a stupid question. The mix of GSL files is a bit confusing.

The GSLs with the letters and numbers are the layouts with the new palm trees at Henderson and Rekata Bay. Just install those ones with GSLMan and no other locations will be affected.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Hi Worthless,

I don't think this is a stupid question. The mix of GSL files is a bit confusing.

The GSLs with the letters and numbers are the layouts with the new palm trees at Henderson and Rekata Bay. Just install those ones with GSLMan and no other locations will be affected.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Ok and do I just delete the current cfs2.gsl and replace with the new add? Or use GSL.man on it also?

If you only have the 87 Days Campaign loaded and no other GSL files loaded into the CFS2.gsl file, just replace it with the one in the downloaded update. It already has the numbered files installed in it and the old files deleted.

The individual numbered GSL files are there in case you want to manually load them because you already have other GSL loaded and don't want to lose those, or alternateively, so you can later use GSLMan and remove them.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    If you only have the 87 Days Campaign loaded and no other GSL files loaded into the CFS2.gsl file, just replace it with the one in the downloaded update. It already has the numbered files installed in it and the old files deleted.

The individual numbered GSL files are there in case you want to manually load them because you already have other GSL loaded and don't want to lose those, or alternateively, so you can later use GSLMan and remove them.
    Ok. Great! Many thanks for all the assistance.

Hi Captain Kurt and UnclTgt
    Thanks for the Palm Tree Fix.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Although I never had any framerate problems with previusly availale trees, these new ones are still very welcome and appreciated!
    Thanks a lot, UncleTgt and Kurt!

Didn't think I'd fly CFS2 again but this looks perfect. Auto install! Wow, and a point in that war I have studied. Is Bougainville next?
    Well I was thinking of Ali MacGraw -- Why? . . . you're joking right?

This is a wonderful campaign Capt. The self install worked great!
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Members who have read this thread: 0