Sim Skunk Works FRF-104 released
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sim Skunk Works FRF-104 released

Sim Skunk Works FRF-104 released

I just found the F-104 single seater from sim-skunk works at simmarket.
    I'll be busy this weekend!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Message for friends and SSW users
    The problem of piracy is rather serious because it ruins the development and makes vain the efforts of the software houses to produce excellent products.
    Just think that on some unworthy and disgusting sites you can find after less than 1 hour from publication a new model for MSFS.
    For this reason we decided to distribute, at least for the moment, our products only to those distributors who assure us some form of DRM.
    For now only MarketPlace and SimMarket are those who provide DRM to our products.
    We hope that other distributors do the same, so you will find the FRF-104 G for now only on SimMarket and in the near future on Micrososft Market Place..
    We are sorry for this, but otherwise the existence of Sim Skunk Works is at risk
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	278120085_2788701124766754_6575091985882745744_n.png 
Views:	245 
Size:	248.0 KB 
ID:	86861
    http://www.simskunkworks.com/store/images/ssw_sig.png

Understand your position, but I'll wait for Just Flight
    Payload drop actually changes aircraft weight, balance and drag as well
    What 'payloads' are included?

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    What 'payloads' are included?
    Apparently no payload, not even an Orpheus pod for the reconnaissance version which certainly cannot be considered a weapon. I have a bit of disappointment about this ... perhaps you could follow the example of DC / SC Design which, while also selling on SimMarket, still have the possibility to add payloads.
    I hope that in the future something can be done, perhaps with some "ester eggs".

Sorry, never mind, deleted post after reading the docs a second time: MS store type version with weapon systems not modelled.

But still a great plane, beautiful textures and modelling.

-RobM
    Last edited by RobM; April 8th, 2022 at 08:34. Reason: old age

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Is there a list of the weights to be used in the Fuel and Payload section to get payloads to show? I looked through the documentation but didn't see anything mentioned (although at my old age, it's getting easier to miss things). I did see how to add the tip tanks and underwing tanks through the tablet.

Great plane by the way. Beautiful textures and modelling.
    Yes, there is a list of weights in the Fuel and Payload section with generic names and might guess that it can be used to "show" something. But perhaps like on IFE's F-35 you need to know the correct value to enter. I confirm that the manual says nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulvio_61 View Post
    Yes, there is a list of weights in the Fuel and Payload section with generic names and might guess that it can be used to "show" something. But perhaps like on IFE's F-35 you need to know the correct value to enter. I confirm that the manual says nothing about it.
    That's what I thought at first too, since that's the way some other military plane add-ons worked. But no, I don't think now that the default MSFS Payload and Fuel section controls anything, it's all done through the tablet.

-RobM

So, if I buy it from Simmarket, can I load missiles on it? If not, I'll wait until they have weapons on the version not sold in the marketplace, the way IndiaFoxtEcho does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    So, if I buy it from Simmarket, can I load missiles on it? If not, I'll wait until they have weapons on the version not sold in the marketplace, the way IndiaFoxtEcho does it.
    No, you won't be able to load anything except fuel tanks, and apparently it will stay that way.

I have the SSW G91 and the TF-104, but I can't really see a reason to purchase this if there's no external stores other than tanks, since that means it's essentially just the TF-104, but a little shorter.

Thanks for the heads up, now I don't have to buy it. As azflyboy said, I already have the TF-104 which just has DTs. That's too bad they weren't able to do what Dino did with the F-35. At least they're saving me some money.

Let me get this straight, SSW are restricting sales to the MarketPlace and SimMarket because it was pirated immediately after release. So other sites don't get to sell it... if it so far has only been released on MarketPlace and/or SimMarket then where do they think the pirated copies came from?

They're not protecting themselves from anything that hasn't already happened.
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Quote Originally Posted by fallenphoenix1986 View Post
    Let me get this straight, SSW are restricting sales to the MarketPlace and SimMarket because it was pirated immediately after release. So other sites don't get to sell it... if it so far has only been released on MarketPlace and/or SimMarket then where do they think the pirated copies came from?

They're not protecting themselves from anything that hasn't already happened.
    I think SSW means that it happened to models in the past.

More thinking that they're happy to proceed under the perceived protection of SM's DRM at the expense of other distributors when it clearly doesn't work.
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

For sure they meant previous releases, but it will be interesting to see if this one gets pirated...not that I would know where to look...

I'm guessing that every installed addon that ends up in your community folder can be pirated.

I can't say anything remotely intelligent about things bought through the marketplace as I never buy my addons there. But things that end up in the community folder? I fail to see where the DRM is.

Maybe someone more savvy can enlighten me about this.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

From my understanding, Marketplace-only content hasn't been successfully pirated, because the marketplace uses the same encryption scheme the MSFS "premium" airplanes do.

For FSX/P3d, the only addons I'm aware of that didn't get pirated was the VRS stuff, since their DRM essentially locked each copy to one specific PC, much like the old SSW setup where they generated a different registry key for each installation.

It is totaly shortsighted and highly stupid to not spend only 20 euro and not only support the developer's months of hard work but also enjoy YOUR set of YOUR loved products. Only 20 euro for such an incredible product, but pirates are just that, they won't pay a penny and therefore they must not be counted as belonging to a customer base anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GB View Post
    It is totaly shortsighted and highly stupid to not spend only 20 euro and not only support the developer's months of hard work but also enjoy YOUR set of YOUR loved products. Only 20 euro for such an incredible product, but pirates are just that, they won't pay a penny and therefore they must not be counted as belonging to a customer base anyway.
    I agree 150%

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Beautiful model! I know it's very similar to the TF, but I'm still very happy with it

104c by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

104d by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

104f by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

104g by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

I started doing a livery for it, it's almost complete i think:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	86904

SIM SKUNK WORKS version 1.1 has been uploaded to vendors:
    - Just Flight
    - Aerosoft
    - Orbx

soon will be available
    Also version 1.0 on SimMarket has been updated to 1.1
    CHANGELOG:
    - Fixed a bug that prevented user to customize TAIL NUMBER
    - Updated ZipperHints.pdf
    - Turkish roundel added to kneeboard
    - Painters that want add liveries should read the frf104g_hints.pdf at page 16
    "BARCODES"
    http://www.simskunkworks.com/store/images/ssw_sig.png

Quote Originally Posted by SSW1 View Post
    SIM SKUNK WORKS version 1.1 has been uploaded to vendors:
    - Just Flight
    - Aerosoft
    - Orbx

soon will be available
    Also version 1.0 on SimMarket has been updated to 1.1
    CHANGELOG:
    - Fixed a bug that prevented user to customize TAIL NUMBER
    - Updated ZipperHints.pdf
    - Turkish roundel added to kneeboard
    - Painters that want add liveries should read the frf104g_hints.pdf at page 16
    "BARCODES"
    Hello SSW1, I don't understand your advice given to painters.
    I downloaded and installed via the SimMarket application the V1.1 update but I do not see anything concerning the repaints, nor any mention of "Barcodes" on page 16 of the "frf104g_hints.pdf" file.
    What should be taken into account for repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLouis View Post
    Hello SSW1, I don't understand your advice given to painters.
    I downloaded and installed via the SimMarket application the V1.1 update but I do not see anything concerning the repaints, nor any mention of "Barcodes" on page 16 of the "frf104g_hints.pdf" file.
    What should be taken into account for repaints.
    I agree. I could not find anything either, and I am interested in doing a few paints

Members who have read this thread: 1