RealAir Duke B60 V2 and Turbine flag shadow on tail

Thread: RealAir Duke B60 V2 and Turbine flag shadow on tail

RealAir Duke B60 V2 and Turbine flag shadow on tail

I've noticed a shadow of USA flag on tail of both B60 and the turbo and sometimes the shadow will be on the left side or the right side. If I pick a livery with a blank tail, the USA shadow will
    show. Strange....

This is a tail with no flags on it yet a shadow of a flag is showing. I tried this in P3DV4 with same results.

There are horizontal antennas on either side of the tail which are casting the shadows you see. Nothing to with the US flag at all, it's simply the result of the position of the sun in relation to the position of the aircraft. Simple physics!
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    There are horizontal antennas on either side of the tail which are casting the shadows you see. Nothing to with the US flag at all, it's simply the result of the position of the sun in relation to the position of the aircraft. Simple physics!
    I guess you're right. I slewed the aircraft in a circle and observed the shadow move from one side of the tail to the opposite side. So it is the shadow from the antenna that is doing that.

IMHO, at times, the shape of the shadow slightly resembled the shape of a flag and it's closeness to the actual flag had me confused.

Thanks for the clarification.

Members who have read this thread: 2