QC not showing bases as in qclocations.xml file

Thread: QC not showing bases as in qclocations.xml file

QC not showing bases as in qclocations.xml file

I am having a very frustrating experience whereby an install's QC base selection is showing one based on a qclocations.xml file which is no longer in the install. I am not sure how much this has to do with my PC setup, but steps That I have taken are.

Delete appdata file + redo MultiCFS3.exe + run cfg again
    = works for the first (correct) base but if I end the missions and select another base, there tends to be an issue.
    If I restart the app, the QC bases selection goes back to the non present qclocations.xml file selection.

There does not seem to be an issue with the other installs in the same drive.

Has anyone had a similar issue at any time?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Well, I have discovered that if in fact for some reason one ends up with another qclocations.xml file hidden in some CFS3 folder rather than just the main folder, it's sort of pot luck as to what will be used in QC!

Ahh, the agony and the ecstasy of the original CFS3 programming decisions. I'm sure they though it a wise decision to have the code be able to find and accept any given filename, located in any random folder location versus having a rigid pathname structure. The unintended consequences of the program using whatever file it stumbles across first that accidently shares a name with another have been more than an annoyance for modders ever since.

You don't know the hours I've wasted editing a file, and wondering why I'm not seeing any result, before I discover that the game is using a like named duplicate lurking somewhere in the background.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I will add to the knowledge base sticky; assuming people check there!

Members who have read this thread: 0