Wing42's Boeing 247D released - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wing42's Boeing 247D released

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Javis,

... a shot in the dark ... could it be that something was reset on your MSFS instillation after the latest WU 8? I'd check Options/General Options/Sound and make sure there is no conflict with the system default device selections.

I saw yesterday that my "fauna display" was displaying on the World map view, and to fix this I had to go to open filters at the bottom of the world map.
    Fauna densities are controlled by
    Options/General Options/Traffic. Mine was somehow set to 10 instead of 0.
    Now the customer has to go to (2) different places in MSFS to fix one little problem!

Disclaimer: could be something in your community folder ...... I get so tired of hearing that spouted out as the cure for everything ....

Options worth a look.
    After SU8 I was flying & thought the scenery looked 'cr***y, then I checked & my Graphics settings had been reset from High to Low/Medium mix by the WU.
    Not the 1st time either.
    T43

I extracted the 247 to a separate desktop folder. Then copied the boeing 247 directly to the community folder.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Javis, also, try just leaving the room and letting the flight load for a really really long time. The 247 took a LONG time to load my first time (like 5 or 10 minutes), and looked like it was stalled on the progress bar. I think it may have been doing a first-time compile of the WASM stuff... The Aerosoft bizjet has the same issue, takes forever the first time.

Amazing plane, but the author really needs a Ctrl-E option for people who just want to try it before learning the full details.

(* I suggest leaving the room because we all know progress bars go even slower when you're watching them. Plus the wait is frustrating when you don't see it move.)

Denny,

Turn off Realistic Engine Start on the clipboard under Simulation Options and she's a Ctrl-E aircraft.

Forest

I had the long loading too, first time I just gave up and shut down the sim, second time I waited and waited and then waited a little more and it finally finished.

Gentlemen thank you very much for your comments and suggestions, highly appreciated !

Before anything else i'll load up the Boeing again and then go walk my dog. I do have a feeling i might be in for a nice surprise when i return because i have never seen this particular behaviour of MSFS before so good chance it IS the long loading time. It certainly is not like a 'normal' shutdown or CTD. I'm going for the 247 waiting for me on the runway with engines running when i return.

Thank you all again for your help !

Cheers,
    Jan

P.S. And a big thanks to DangerousDave who just helped me thru Webex to Log-In normally again and use the message editor again with full functionality. Thanks a lot, Dave !

Icon28

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    . I'm going for the 247 waiting for me on the runway with engines running when i return.
    Suggestion: Because your engines will stop if you idle them below 1000rpm for more then a couple of secs - slew it up to some 2000 ft , unslew , raise the gear......and enjoy..... - your 1st engine start will be ...... let's say finicky
    They all start with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience .
    The trick is, to fill the bag with experience before you run out of luck . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAir View Post
    The lack of liveries is killing me lol
    No paint kit?
    That will slow output.
    Plus the aircraft has to pique the painter's interest
    T43

Hello everyone!

Here is part 2 of the Boeing 247D in the fictional Swissair colors als HB-ISL. I'll try to upload them in the next few days. Because i have to orientate myself a little with the folder structure from Fs.2020. So that it works then.

I wish you a nice evening.
    Greetings Pirosch (Chris)

Any possibility someone would paint this version? I have reference photos that I’m adding in
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	914E6BDD-B755-48FA-8C3E-288CBBC210A2.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	86855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0202CDC3-5240-423C-A522-6B8CFC4C11B0.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	973.0 KB 
ID:	86856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F45D414-60AB-4B1C-9911-206AE7162598.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	86857

Bingo !!

I just took off and flown the Boeing 247D for a while ! But certainly not as predicted, i didn't even have to walk my dog....

I'd say very funny, odd and remarkable that has happend here. I loaded up MSFS (one thing i notice lately is that the default funeral music has stopped playing during the loading... i see we have a choice now between 'legacy, 1 or 2'.... ) and selected the 247 which still shows in the hangar because of my earlier trials. Selected my usual testflight airport and hit the 'Fly-Now' button. All set to go and walk my dog i noticed the blue loading slider moving surprisingly fast, not seen that before during the 247 loading. Before i knew it, out of th blue, there's the Boeing at the runway threshold with running engines ! I hear my dog say " well, that's it as far as my walk is concerned, right ?.... "

How about that, huh....

No idea what happend before, no idea what happend now..... It's a mysterious aeroplane, i think that much is true.

During flight i got a bit of feeling that it might be a tad too agile for a relatively 'big' aircraft and i think the engines sound is rather strange. There's deffinately at least phasing going, outside as well as inside, but the effect is surprisingly short, where in other soundsuites that suffer from this annoying effect the sequences are much longer.

Anyway, i think Wing42's Boeing 247 is quite an amazing product certainly worth to seriously go thru the manual ( the manual alone is a masterpiece already ! ) because i think that's where the true beauty of this product lies. A big thank you and applause to the developers !

Thanks much again, gents, happy Boeing247 camper now !

Any possibility someone would paint this version? I have reference photos that I’m adding in
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	914E6BDD-B755-48FA-8C3E-288CBBC210A2.jpeg 
Views:	10 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	86855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0202CDC3-5240-423C-A522-6B8CFC4C11B0.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	973.0 KB 
ID:	86856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F45D414-60AB-4B1C-9911-206AE7162598.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	86857
    Patience my dear..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

So glad you got up and running, Javis! I'm guessing it had mostly finished compiling the files on your previous load, so it should go fast from now on. They really should warn about that... The only reason I knew was from seeing a warning that would happen with the Aerosoft CRJ.

FAC257, thanks for the note about the engine setting on the clipboard! I'll check that out.

Looking forward to having time this weekend to R T F M and really learn how to fly this!

work in progress:
    jk3531 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk3536 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk3542 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

jk3576 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk3563 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk3557 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Very nice. Both of these schemes are perfect for where I do most of my flying.

Forest

I've uploaded the two previous paintschemes, now working on this:
    jk3618 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk3619 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Over on the TO hitting refresh
    lol
    Tomorrow at the soonest....

Started out the day trying to do my first full fuel load endurance flight to see how long she could stay up. Didn't quite work that way.

Departing Buenos Aires, heading up the coast. Cruise altitude 8K, 27" & 2200rpm.

Approximately 2:25 into the flight the right engine died. Feathered that one and looked for nearest airport. She easily stayed flying on one engine, even though the flight started out at MTOW.

A few minutes north was Chuy Airport (SUCH). Small grass strip located right at the peek of the left engine cowling.

Just as I turned on final, the left engine died also, so it was a dead stick and coast to a stop landing. After looking at the engines the locals think they can have her back up and running for a flight out in the AM. :-)

The issue turned out that there was pretty much no oil left in either engine. So it seems she runs out of oil, long before the fuel is gone.

Forest

two more paints I uploaded:
    C-79 of SCADTA
    jk3653 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

NC13313 of Wien Alaska Airlines
    jk3633 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

oow , that wien paint looks just brilliant.

Members who have read this thread: 0