Marquez to miss Argentina MotoGP round after Mandalika crash

Thread: Marquez to miss Argentina MotoGP round after Mandalika crash

Marquez to miss Argentina MotoGP round after Mandalika crash

Marc Marquez has been officially ruled out of this weekend’s Argentina Grand Prix despite “very favourable improvements” in his diplopia.

The factory Honda team made the announcement following a second check-up on his eyesight since his monster highside in the Warm Up session for the Indonesian Grand Prix, just over a week ago.

A statement from the squad read, “The Repsol Honda Team rider has already shown very favourable improvements with his diplopia after visiting the Hospital Clínic and an examination from Dr. Sánchez Dalmau.

“Marc Marquez visited his ophthalmologist, Dr. Sánchez Dalmau, at the Hospital Clínic in Barcelona yesterday, Monday, where he underwent his second medical check-up after the crash in Warm Up for the Indonesian GP a week ago.

“In this new examination, Dr. Sánchez Dalmau confirmed that Marc Marquez’s diplopia shows a notable improvement and reaffirms that the progression of his vision is very favourable.

“As happened with the last episode of diplopia, Marc Marquez will continue to carry out a conservative treatment regime with regular check-ups.
    “The Repsol Honda Team rider will not take part in the next round of the MotoGP World Championship that takes place this weekend in Argentina as he continues his recovery.”
    Dr Dalmau is quoted in the announcements as follows: “The second neuro-ophthalmological evaluation carried out on Marc Marquez this past Monday has shown a very favourable evolution in the paralysis of the fourth right nerve affected by the fall that occurred at the Indonesian Grand Prix.
    “Recovery is not yet complete, and Marc Marquez must follow the established therapeutic regime with conservative treatment.”
    Repsol Honda is obliged to field a replacement rider this weekend at Termas de Rio Hondo, but has not yet named one.

I'm not surprised. But I wonder how long this will continue. When you have such a heavy head injury half a year after you had a similar, it can't be good for your health.....

He is 29 and has been 8 times world champion in two different classes. What does he still have to prove? I advise him to be cautious with his health, retire as driver go for a job with Honda.

Just my thoughts,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0