IRIS Vulcan B.2 Released! - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: IRIS Vulcan B.2 Released!

Noddy , that is one superb screen , the photoreal scene with the weather with a V

One of the subtle things I like about this model is the light shading in the engine intakes. Having intakes that don't have adequate shading in some models I have seen really spoils the realism, but this shows how well it can be done.

Here's hoping for a paintkit... this would be a fun one to paint.

Just got this and she is a beautiful beast! Reminds me of one of those "21st Century" planes from Thunderbirds! The cockpit is great (bloody hard to see out of though!) with lots of buttons to press if you want stuff to work, and the sound -well it howls! Hope somebody does a RAAF fictional paint! Smudge & Warchild & co - you should be proud! :woot:
    "What do you hear?" "Nothing but the rain!" "Then grab your gun and bring the cat in!" "Boom, boom, boom!"

2010 Grabber Blue GT
    Wow, I cannot believe how old this thread is. :isadizzy:

I have wondered for a long time what ever happened to the fictional repaints for the Vulcan. I have searched the web as well as IRIS Forums for information on repaints and I have found nothing. How soon we forget, what with so many addons coming out. I don't understand how such an awesome addon just fades away from conversation.
    I hope Smoothie and Smudge can "please" shed some light on this.

Thank You!
    Old Crow

In Memory Still

I seem to have taken some flak for it, but I still honestly believe this is one of the best addons in the last year. Complex, yet simple and approachable. It struck a perfect chord for me, especially for such a daunting plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post
    Wow, I cannot believe how old this thread is. :isadizzy:

I have wondered for a long time what ever happened to the fictional repaints for the Vulcan. I have searched the web as well as IRIS Forums for information on repaints and I have found nothing. How soon we forget, what with so many addons coming out. I don't understand how such an awesome addon just fades away from conversation.
    I hope Smoothie and Smudge can "please" shed some light on this.

Thank You!
    I don't believe there has actually been a repaint kit released yet. I actually fired off a PM to David yesterday asking about it, if I hear from him before he posts here I'll be sure to keep you updated.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Bought this relatively recently and am as impressed as everyone else in the thread. It's the first large aircraft that I've flown that's actually been fun to fly in every stage of flight.

One thing I will ask though - as a matter of personal preference - is it possible to replace the howl generated at full throttle with the one of the old FS9 PSS Vulcan? I've not been able to locate the .wav files for either of these, so any help in finding them would be appreciated!

Smoothie Reporting in! paint kit has not been released and is unlikely to be released at this point in time i can release what fictional paints i do have already (Saudi-Air Force, B-1B Scheme, Australian Air Force Low Vis Grey) i'll get on that ASAP away from my FS pc at the moment so don't hold your Breath

2010 Grabber Blue GT
    Understood Smoothie.
    It will be awesome to get what you have for the Beast.
    Old Crow

In Memory Still

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    Smoothie Reporting in! paint kit has not been released and is unlikely to be released at this point in time i can release what fictional paints i do have already (Saudi-Air Force, B-1B Scheme, Australian Air Force Low Vis Grey) i'll get on that ASAP away from my FS pc at the moment so don't hold your Breath
    any word on the paintkit ive had a look around and google cant find anything

i want to do the schemes of the birds that saw very short service within the RAAF for the atomic testing in central Australia during 1960 and the other bird in 1969

Members who have read this thread: 8