West Indies 1974 birds

Thread: West Indies 1974 birds

Hybrid View

West Indies 1974 birds

Hi,
    I recently worked on a project I had for long. That is to try to make liveries for a few birds I have seen as a kid in Fort de France airport in 1974 (Le Lamentin).
    Some planes were already accessible but it has appeared for most they have few glitches the maniac in me has decided to correct.
    I get clearance from the artists like Ted Giana who did 99% of the job to adjust where needed.
    In some other cases I had to do the job myself, which definitely confirmed me this is really for talented guys, I am not. But with time it comes not that bad.

So I am going to try upload in the coming days the following ones with a few more in the near future:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	737.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	340.6 KB 
ID:	86689Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C46.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	440.1 KB 
ID:	86690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C47.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	328.8 KB 
ID:	86691

Next will be CV440 and DC4, maybe Noratlas, DC8, 747, 727
    Finally if there is some interest I might propose my photosceney of Martinica, that is pretty cool with the autogen.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mercure View Post
    ...Finally if there is some interest I might propose my photosceney of Martinica, that is pretty cool with the autogen...
    Oh yes I would definitely be interested in your West Indies and Martinique photoscenery... I really love island-hoping in FSX, and photoreal is just perfect for islands, no weird transition from photo to default scenery...

And with some Air Antilles DC-3 and such, that would be just perfect...

Air Antilles DC-3 (actual aircraft) courtesy Ted Giana

Curtiss C46 Commando of Latin Carga by Mercure

Is there an FSX native version of Guzman/Pepper/Gibson's Curtiss C-46?

West Indies Birds

I honestly thought you were talking about these...I have seagulls flying around my ports in FSX(A). None of these are flying around the West Indies though, bummer.

Icon23

I love real birds too but not sure FSX is the best flying sim for these species
    Hopefully they have survived the 70's, probably struggling against extinction for many now.

C47 Air Antilles is the next in the list. Exactly this one F-OGFJ.
    This one's different but the model is closer, so...:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sans titre 1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	86739

No Blender Or Gmax

I do NOT have any skills to recreate these, I wish I did because they WOULD be cool to have flying around. I found two downloads for FSX: birdvol5 and wildlife_v2 which I am going to checkout and see what they have to offer. There is an albatross; crane; heron; owl; 2 kinds of gulls. They are ai. Interesting additions. Since there are a dozen or so shore birds like the sandpiper which I know well from here in coastal Carolina in the USA, there is also a willet which has a long curved bill but neither is in this collection. birdvol5 is for ELIZA Island only and is not selectable to place elsewhere so no use here. OK now move onto the beautiful DC-3s. I am looking forward to flying.

C47 Air Antilles is the next in the list...
    It's released! Merci beaucoup!

I like very much the "see/no see" swtich in the VC...

Finally if there is some interest I might propose my photosceney of Martinica, that is pretty cool with the autogen....
    How big is your Martinique photoreal scenery? Can you upload it here? Can't wait!

Hi Erich,
    Pleased you like see/no see, you know... kind of joke from this side of the ocean. You maybe going into trouble with that now, what a pity, not yet here ;0)
    Martinique scenery is heavy, its more than an island, 2.6Go. I will likely do a light version no more that 800Mo/1Go. Still good nevertheless.
    BTW I see your screens are 'standard' FSX, I will propose some shaders that bring colours and light as it should be.
    Cheers

Members who have read this thread: 2