Thread: Luftwaffe Airbases in WWII 1940-1944

Feldflugplatz St Omer Le Nieppe

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 43266842ug.jpg  

Feldflugplatz Bernay-Valailles

G'day...

What an amazing bunch of images.

Is this project still under way?

Good Morning,

What amazing work, is there an update on the project.

I've been hoping this has not been abandoned, as well.

KB

Just doing the last files to make the upload of these airbases of the Luftwaffe in WWII. I think that it will be for parts to download. Insige you will find places in norway, netherlands, germany and france. More then 20 airbases all together.

This collection of add-ons has been created over many years exclusively for my private pleasure. I never intended to publish these scenarios.
    All scenarios run perfectly on my computer. But that is certainly the catch for every other user. On my computer. Under the conditions of my computer.
    With all the installed libraries and textures, models and other conditions. I realize that this is not the standard of a professional, but I'm not. It was just for my pleasure.
    These add-ons require a lot of manual work during installation and I cannot guarantee that they will work as perfectly as they do on my computer.
    So you get what works perfectly for me. I can't say whether it will work the same way for you and I can't provide any comprehensive help.
    The necessary files (e.g.: AFFCAD) can be found in the respective directories to make your own adjustments.

Installation principles.

You must download all four (i think that will be so... lets see) parts.
    Unpack all zip files and register each add-on individually as high as possible in the P3D registry.
    It is not possible to copy the individual add-ons into one directory. Different models and textures with the same name are used. You would get massive errors in the display.

You must find and deactivate all other add-ons for the respective airports (commercial add-ons that you have purchased,
    AffCads from other freeware, airports from MAIW and especially ORBX, in France the AFFCADS from France-VFR... in short, all airports with the same name on your computer.
    If you find missing textures, or different representations of the models used, or missing models, it is probably due to missing standard libraries that you usually have on your computer. The search for these is then your challenge.
    The scenery_world_scenery directory contains the height compensations of the mesh as they work on my computer. They must be copied into the P3D directory of the same name.
    Put the AI airplanes used in your AI airplanes directory.
    The necessary traffic files are already included in each scenario. If you do not have the models used in it, they will not appear in the slots.
    You can look them up in the respective txt files of the traffic and flight plans, which are also included in every add-on.

Special thanks: My special thank goes to Ian (IanP in SOH-Forum). He gave his permission to use his very nice libraries with many models usable for the Luftwaffe.

Without his fantastic libraries this scenery would not be seen today. It would probably never have gone beyond the hard drive of my computer.
    I used many other freeware models in this scenery. Some are ai-models and also there are normal plane i converted to use as ai-traffic.

Many other designer are involved with their very fine models (sometimes i even don`t know their names) .... but surely all models i use are freeware. So please don`t use all the elements of this scenery in other way as freeware without the permission of this designers.

I hope you will enjoy this little scenery.

Greetings
    Klaus

Upload is done. Just some new shots from other scenery in package.

ME-110 over Fliegerhorst Venlo (Netherlands)

And 3 pictures from a HE-177 Greif on Fliegerhorst Bordeaux LFBD

greetings
    Klaus

Klaus,

Thanks for this (massive) scenery. After exploring the first airfield (Deelen) I was missing some textures, but copying the textures from Ian's library to the common texture folder solved that.

Up to the next airfield,
    Jan

Hi Jan,

hope that will stay the only mistake....would be very nice.

greetings
    Klaus

What a great number of former airfields! Very interesting to see german P3D warbirds now in their original habitat
    Best regards, Manfred.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation.

I look forward to exploring.

Members who have read this thread: 52