Turn up your speakers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turn up your speakers

Turn up your speakers

DC-3/C-47 sound test.

https://youtu.be/NQAb2HBf3mM

Awesome, Baz! I've flown in a DC-3 (actually the sole C-41) and that sounds right to me. I've seen the one based at Paine Field much more recently, and the audio's legit right on!

Also, it passes the "sounds different when you open the window" test, so that means the "experts" on the official forum will approve.

These sounds were custom recorded from a real DC-3, inside and out. In my opinion, I believe they've done a great job.

Looks like good job with the soundset!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Stunning sounds...

Very good indeed.

Being an old timer, I have flown is several DC-3's over the years. Exactly as I remember the sound. Great work. What a fantastic addition to MSFS.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    These sounds were custom recorded from a real DC-3, inside and out. In my opinion, I believe they've done a great job.
    Indeed.
    & am I correct in suggesting that quite a bit of a DC-3 soundscape comes from the prop tips?
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Also, it passes the "sounds different when you open the window" test, so that means the "experts" on the official forum will approve.
    Do you really have to be an "expert" to know that sounds get louder when you open windows though?

That is brilliant!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by LostPilot View Post
    Do you really have to be an "expert" to know that sounds get louder when you open windows though?
    I'm being sarcastic. There are a bunch of vocal users who immediately denounce the audio on any MSFS plane if they open the canopy/cockpit door and the sound doesn't change, no matter how good the audio is otherwise.

It's their test for if it uses WWise and lets them feel like experts.

Don't even get me started on that crowd, or we'll have to go into the Texture Mafia discussion too.

That's frickin awesome, Bazz ! Well done !! (superb details there on the captain's side as well ! )

( errmmm...... that start-up sound..... that's missing because you're still working on it because it's utterly important, right ?.. )

Don't worry about the startup Jan. The entire suite was recorded on a real aeroplane from the moment the hydraulic hand pump goes up on its first stroke to engine shutdown. It's as real as it gets.

I had my first flight as a 12 year old on a Cambrian Airways DC-3. It's something I will never forget.

Holy hell Baz - that's some good stuff! I'm running a 39" TV for a monitor, including its speakers, so that sounded dang good on my end!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Sounds great, looks very good too. Being a systems and startup nut, I'll have to take a look at the feature list in that regard but my interest is definitely there!
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

that's some beautiful music!

- dcc
    - -

Dang! So apparently it is not impossible, after all, to build a really spot on awesome sound set for planes in this sim! Can't wait for the release!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Don't worry about the startup Jan. The entire suite was recorded on a real aeroplane from the moment the hydraulic hand pump goes up on its first stroke to engine shutdown. It's as real as it gets.
    I'm sure it is !

I had my first flight as a 12 year old on a Cambrian Airways DC-3. It's something I will never forget.
    Tell me about it, Bazz. One small anecdote if i may (i have quite a few more when it comes to the DC-3) : i was in a band in the 70's and we did a Dutch Antilles and Surinam tour. In a DC-3 ! Yessir, and the good thing on top of that was that the copilot was just not around a few times. While the old Lady scared the hell out of most other members of the band, yours truly was offered to take on the job of the missing copilot. Well, just lowering and raising flaps and gear on his command, but still.. Saying that this was the time of my life is an understatement, naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Dang! So apparently it is not impossible, after all, to build a really spot on awesome sound set for planes in this sim! Can't wait for the release!
    No, not impossible, just, shall we say, not cheap. But then, having heard the whole suite and worked with this audio engineer, I am now totally convinced you get what you pay for.

DC-3 sound test

Great sounds, as I remembered them.

No, not impossible, just, shall we say, not cheap. But then, having heard the whole suite and worked with this audio engineer, I am now totally convinced you get what you pay for.
    Hi,

this Plane look´s ver good to me,i have it for P3D
    i am very angry about this Simmarket that they force to use this stupid app to get wat you have pay,i like to save my downloads.

so maybee no AH DC3 for me,it is the only Store were i can buy this Plane?

i think i stop to buy at Simmarket as long they force to use this App.......

i am from Germany,so please give it to a Store were i can buy it

Thank´s,
    Ralf

@banjoman1960,

The DC-3 isn't available yet, but when it is, you can buy directly from Aeroplane Heaven's website
    at https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/ ... That's the best way to buy to support the developer anyway, since buying direct from a publisher's website lets them keep almost all the money (less transaction fees), vs. having to give about 30% to a store site like SimMarket.

You can do tihis with many publishers. A few only sell through Marketplace or SimMarket, but many plane publishers offer the aircraft from their own websites. So in those cases, no need to go through SimMarket.

The DC-3 isn't available yet, but when it is, you can buy directly from Aeroplane Heaven's website
    That is EXACTLY what I will do. Love their creations...

Kent

@banjoman1960, The DC-3 isn't available yet, but when it is, you can buy directly from Aeroplane Heaven's website
    at https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/ ... That's the best way to buy to support the developer anyway, since buying direct from a publisher's website lets them keep almost all the money (less transaction fees), vs. having to give about 30% to a store site like SimMarket.
    You can do tihis with many publishers. A few only sell through Marketplace or SimMarket, but many plane publishers offer the aircraft from their own websites. So in those cases, no need to go through SimMarket.
    Yessir but you know Germany is in Europe, right ?

I don't know exactly why but AH asks European customers to buy their products from other vendors. Next to Simmarket that would be the ORBX-, Flightsim- , PC Aviator- , or Just Flight Store.

So, Ralf, dunno if you have any experience with any of those but i never had any problems buying f.i. from Just Flight myself. Have to say i also bought a ton of FS add-ons from Simmarket without so much as a hiccup. However not lately so i don't know anything yet about having to download and install an app. I believe i read something about that of ORBX as well ?....

Members who have read this thread: 0