vLSO and land based runways

Thread: vLSO and land based runways

vLSO and land based runways

Good morning,

I'm trying to figure out how to qualify for field landings within the vLSO app. The manual listed a number of airports that vLSO is compatible with. I tried both KNHK and KNPA (both of these are MAIW scenery), but it doesn't look like they are recognized. I only say this because when I look at the vLSO app, I have green lights for SimConnect, flightsim connections, and aircraft connection, but it still shows location as not selected. On the vLSO website there are some vLSO integration packs that I have looked at. The file for KNLC has two files to first remove the Mk14 IFLOLS trailers and replace with one that vLSO uses - which is pretty straight forward. There is also a .tag file that I have no idea what it is as I can't open it. Is that the file that the particular airport needs in order to be recognized by vLSO? Is there any way to edit it, or create my own to work at other airports?

I have reached out to Paddles (the author behind vLSO), but I haven't heard anything back from. He hasn't posted anything on his website in over a year now, so he may have moved on to other things. I have looked at a couple threads here, but they have also haven't had anything new added in a while.

I have downloaded both the carrier gauge and FLCP from RFN, but haven't done anything with either of them yet. I guess I should also mention that I am using P3D v4.5.

Has anyone else managed to get any of the airfields listed in the manual to work with vLSO? In earlier posts (from around 2017 or so) people had said that this program doesn't work with P3D, but that doesn't seem to be the case any longer - or am I wrong about that. I was able to get vLSO to work with one of the SWS carriers that I have. I have yet to successfully land on a carrier, so thought I'd try some land based circuits first.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or tips to getting this to work - or if it is even possible please let me know.

Cheers,

colin

Hi Kaschper72
    You can also donwload and try with the RFN-FCLP 6.2 scenery.
    vLSO works fine with the RFN gauge at some US FCLP
    KNHK Rwy 24 on 116.90 , Rwy 32 Middle on 116.95
    KNPA Rwy 01 on 115.50 , Rwy 19 on 115.55, 07 L on 115.60.
    Regards
    Michel

http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia....O_KNHK_RFN.jpg
    (Or copy and past in your adress bar)
    http://
    royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/Test/P3Dv5/P3Dv4.5_vLSO_KNHK_RFN.jpg
    Last edited by mpni; March 11th, 2022 at 23:36.

Members who have read this thread: 3