P3D V5 to FSX

Thread: P3D V5 to FSX

P3D V5 to FSX

Ed Akridge is creating his home airport KCSG Columbia Muni Georgia. I am working on the custom terminal in Sketchup for him. When I complete it and he installs it I would like to have a copy of the airport BUT, he is creating it in P3D V5 and I fly FSX. My ADEx won't open it and he can't get his ADEx to compile it for FSX. Is there anyone here who can help? Signed, Desperate LOL! Seriously, I hope that one of you can do it.

What version of ADE is being used here? I have version 1.76 "Pro" which is the last version available to my knowledge. There hasn't been an update for ADE in a long time. My version allows for FS9, FSX and P3DV4, which are the sims on my system. I never updated to P3D_V5 for personal reasons, but I suspect that it would also show in the opening screen (where you can select what Sim you are working with) if it was installed.

Additional Info:If he will compile his airport ADE and have it generate an XML file, then package all the ADEX files that display in the scenery folder, along with the XML file I can give it a try. The XML file is key though, as opening the ADE files with an XML will load everything, if I use the bgl file it leaves out any background or ground poly's that are being used.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

To my knowledge 1.78 was the last "stable version" released with 1.79 being an "open beta" version with P3dV5 support...

I am using 1.79 Beta to compile for v5. The issue that has arisen is that after a recent OS crash ADE no longer recognizes my FSX installation.

I've gotten it figured out. All I had to do was run/update Steam once for it to recognize it.

Members who have read this thread: 0