AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022? - Page 8
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022?

Now that we have a DC-3 in the sim, we can take to the skies to try out what Flying the Hump was all about

https://flightsim.to/file/43587/flying-the-hump

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00 Thumbnail 1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	88901

Name:	01 Chabua.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	463.7 KB 
ID:	88902

Name:	03 Dinjan.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	415.9 KB 
ID:	88903

Name:	04 Jorhat.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	489.5 KB 
ID:	88904

Name:	08 Shingbwiyang.jpg 
Size:	594.5 KB 
ID:	88905

Name:	11 Yunnan-Yi.jpg 
Size:	652.1 KB 
ID:	88906

Name:	12 detail 01.jpg 
Size:	375.4 KB 
ID:	88907

Name:	16 detail 05.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	731.1 KB 
ID:	88908

Name:	20 detail 09.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	299.3 KB 
ID:	88909

Thanks AH for the aircraft. I hope some C-47 liveries will show up soon.

Don't forget to install from the marketplace the free enhanced textures. But I am still prefer Manfred Jahn amazing VC.Same for the A310.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Re: the DC-3...

Anyone having problems with the hat switch views ? I click to the left - I snap view to the left. I click to the right - I snap view to the left and aft.

Is there a manual anywhere ?

Rather nice model overall, I must say - the engine sounds are amongst the best I've heard. Still trying it out, of course.

EDIT: I've found out how to make the pilot's yoke disappear, but where is the click spot to get it back ? ( Never mind, found it )
    I have the same hat switch problem you described.

For the documentation go,with your userid, to.:

C:\Users\userid\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.F lightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\O fficial\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-dc3\Documentation

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    The door hinges on the C-47 cargo door are a bit challenging to paint, so I've shelved the Dutch version for now, and tried something really simple:
    AA (0007) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

AA (0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

AA (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

AA (0002) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

now on flightsim.to

Can't find it.
    Also, are you distinguishing between Retro & Classic versions of the DC-3 as regards which version a new livery belongs to?
    Delighted you have jumped in.
    T45

Quote Originally Posted by hangarrat101 View Post
    Anyone having issues with taking off? I go to full power and push the stick forwards to lift the tail as the aircraft starts to roll, however nothing happens until suddenly the aircraft lifts off with the tail down and pitches up almost to the point of stalling. Trim and CG positions look fine. Any ideas? Otherwise agree that aside from the liveries, this is an amazing machine!

Getting the same.
    Around 62 kia it puts the nose up in the air & departs the runway.
    I think it needs a fix for that.
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Can't find it.
    Also, are you distinguishing between Retro & Classic versions of the DC-3 as regards which version a new livery belongs to?
    https://flightsim.to/file/43652/doug...-america-b-829

and it's for the classic version. Not sure what to make of the retro
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

https://flightsim.to/file/43652/doug...-america-b-829

and it's for the classic version. Not sure what to make of the retro
    Just found it.
    Its indexed in .to as a C-47 & searching DC-3 didn't pick it up.
    Nice livery.
    Hope you will do some with color
    The Dutch? Orange one is a good one.
    Maybe a Columbian livery, although AH may drop one of those.
    I hope they release some soon so the artistes know where the gaps in the portfolio are.
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by hangarrat101 View Post
    Anyone having issues with taking off? I go to full power and push the stick forwards to lift the tail as the aircraft starts to roll, however nothing happens until suddenly the aircraft lifts off with the tail down and pitches up almost to the point of stalling. Trim and CG positions look fine. Any ideas? Otherwise agree that aside from the liveries, this is an amazing machine!
    No, not having this issue. The plane lifts the tail nicely and takes off in normal fashion for me.

However, I am not flying with a full load of pax. Rather than risk all those innocent lives on my first few flights, I prefer to test the plane with just the 2 pilots. I find that if I delete all the pax and have just 2 pilots, it pushes the CG a bit forward of the allowable range, so I have to put a couple pax in the back row to get it within limits. But anyway I'm flying with the CG close to the forward limit

If you are flying it with a full load of pax, your CG will be well aft of mine. That could account for the difference.

On a real DC-3, I'm sure it is slower to lift the tail with the aft cabin full, but the behavior you describe still doesn't sound accurate.

August

Where do you click to get rid of the Yoke? It blocks some basic dials.
    If you haven't found it yet, the click spot is just behind the yoke's hub. To get the yoke back, look down at the bottom of the panel between radio compass and the radio altimeter - just above the red placard, there's a small blue button - click that.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    I have the same hat switch problem you described.

For the documentation go,with your userid, to.:

C:\Users\userid\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.F lightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\O fficial\OneStore\microsoft-aircraft-dc3\Documentation
    Thank you. This is the first add-on aircraft ( along with the other SU11 freebies ) that I've ever installed via the market place. I've got the Steam version installed in a non-default location, but you pointing me towards the word 'documentation' allowed me to find it. Thanks again.

DC-3 Bug?

Not sure if this is "Operator Error" or a bug. Using the Fuel and Payload editor I can add fuel to all 4 tanks, but apparently I have nothing in the Aux tanks. If I switch to Aux on the fuel selector the engine dies and when I check quantity of Aux tanks on the fuel quantity indicator they register 0 gallons. I have tried both a "regular" start and the "CD" switch before start.

Maybe a Columbian livery, although AH may drop one of those.
    Bolivian then?
    TA (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

TA (0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

TA (0009) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

TA (0011) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

still wip, but getting there
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

I see some here mentioning a retro version but I only seem to have the classic version and I don't see the retro one anywhere in the marketplace or content manager.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

I can't even get to the Marketplace. It's grayed out and says not available.

Don

I can't even get to the Marketplace. It's grayed out and says not available.

Don

Check your online functions in the menu. One other user found that the update turned them off.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

So, per the takeoff issue above, I tried mine with a full load of passengers. It still takes off perfectly - tail comes up near the start of the takeoff run with gentle forward pressure on the stick and neutral trim. So if yours is taking off in the 3-point attitude, I don't know why, and can't replicate the issue.

Overall I find the flight handling of the DC-3 to be quite good, and I say this as someone who has felt that AH was pretty far off the mark with some of its past flight models. It feels good on takeoff, it wheel lands nicely which is rare for a taildragger in MSFS, and it has a decent feel of resistance when maneuvering in flight.

The guy who did the FM for AH just posted a YT vid about it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4hmyBTH6CM. He's candid and also pretty knowledgeable. AH is to be commended for having him work on this, after he savaged the AH P-51D flight model some months ago. But I downloaded his FM mod for the AH P-51D when he posted it to fs.to a while back, and would never fly that P-51 without it.

August

Bolivian then?
    TA (0001) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

TA (0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

TA (0009) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

TA (0011) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

still wip, but getting there
    I'll take it
    Thank you
    I watched a YouTube video maybe a year or so back & it covered the "Meat Run', which I think was using DC-3's to fly meat into Bogota.
    Or it was in Argentina?
    Sketchy memory.
    The gist was that they slaughtered the beasts near the airfield, cut them up, put that on the DC-3 & flew off to supply a major city, pretty well daily.
    Can't find it now, but found this one about DC-3 ops in Colombia.
    Might give you some livery ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3u6ZCiXrcU

T43

SOH-CM-2023
    I'm trying to do some simple autopilot control with the DC3 and can successfully get an ALT hold. But I can't find the heading selector that is used to hold a heading. I've set both the Desired Heading knob and the Heading Compass knob, but the plane always heads North using the A/P.
    What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Check your online functions in the menu. One other user found that the update turned them off.
    Thanks! That was it!

Don

in between the intermittent communications errors due to heavy server loads I finally managed to do quick flight. I love classic twins and I can tell I'm going to put a lot of virtual miles on this one, especially after we get a few period liveries. Cant' decide whether to d/l the extras, will wait to read more about those. Looks like there will need to be a few tweaks and such. For instance, the camera quickviews are not consistent with other planes, but that's a pretty easy fix. Glad we have access to the cfg files and such.

I am still amazed we got this for free (plus all the others!). Hats off to AH and MS for bringing this one to everyone! Brings back a lot of memories flying the DC3 in past sims.

- dcc
    - -

SW (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

SW (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

SW (0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

SW (0010) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

DC3

Has this aircraft been released? If so where can I find a download? TIA

Guys, question: on all my flight so far, on touchdown the games, freezes/pauzes shortly like it's missing or searching for a sound or effect to play...??

Anyone experience this with the DC-3? Just to be sure, do not have it with any other plane, just with the DC-3.

Marcel

SW (0004) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

SW (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

SW (0006) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

SW (0010) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    Great choice, nicely executed.
    T43

Members who have read this thread: 4