AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022? - Page 13
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022?

This is all great stuff. I don’t know whom to thank first, so I’ll just thank you all for your hard work on this.

Reason of strange bahavior on take off. Check your balance before the flight.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Paul K View Post
    Something wrong with the Transamazonica livery. It's supposed to be the Classic version, but loads as the Retrofit with blank white Garmin screens.
    You have right, I see the same issue, the name is Classic, but the cockpit is modern.
    I solved it, go to
    \MSFS\Community\aeroplaneheaven-aircraft-dc3-livery-transamazonica\SimObjects\Airplanes\douglas-dc3-livery-transamazonica\model.paxcargo
    and in file delete MOD text (it should looks like this: interior=..\..\douglas-dc3\model.cargo\dc3_Cargo_interior.xml)

Also, the next issue is double reg numbers, so you will see the orginal HK-1315 and your own reg number from MSFS on the tail . I did correction of this, and now is ok:

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

A/ Unfortunately, something is wrong with the center of gravity, FM is down. Try it - 50% fuel, cargo only pilot and copilot (so no any pax & cargo) - WOW, what's going on here, the plane flips on take-off. First time I've heard that the Dakota couldn't have flown empty without a payload (I think D-Day would have failed in this case).
    B/ If you use pushback option (LShift + X) fuel pumps dont work so... you cant start engines from cold and dark .

C/ LOD interior issue (default zoom), not the same like external model (white parts, no textures in the cockpit and cargo part of the model)

I wonder if there's a planned patch here.

Btw. someone did own mod https://flightsim.to/file/43893/duck...mprovement-mod

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    A/ Unfortunately, something is wrong with the center of gravity, FM is down. Try it - 50% fuel, cargo only pilot and copilot (so no any pax & cargo) - WOW, what's going on here, the plane flips on take-off. First time I've heard that the Dakota couldn't have flown empty without a payload (I think D-Day would have failed in this case).
    About this, I'll check this settings (like it was on video above):

Edit: Yes! This tip (so manual edit of center of gravity) works great. Check it before the flight, it must be about 25% and will be ok during take off. Normally only in the top menu you can't see the balance, and in the video it does. I wonder how it can be added.

This skin is VERY ok for me (if you like bigger weathering), great job. I really like also propeller effect (when they are moving), especially from the side, when the 3D effect is visible, it looks very good.

The DC-3 is in process of being updated. As for takeoffs, you MUST allow speed to increase in level attitude before trying to climb. If you watch Wells' video (he's our flight model guy) you will get a comprehensive guide into how the DC-3 is modeled and how to trim and fly it properly. Anybody who has doubts about what went into this project should watch the video.

https://youtu.be/c4hmyBTH6CM

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Thanks for all of the work bazzar, will do, I'm having a lot of trouble with this 'ol girl.

- Don

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    The DC-3 is in process of being updated. As for takeoffs, you MUST allow speed to increase in level attitude before trying to climb. If you watch Wells' video (he's our flight model guy) you will get a comprehensive guide into how the DC-3 is modeled and how to trim and fly it properly. Anybody who has doubts about what went into this project should watch the video.
    Cool news. I need to fly a little more to get to know him better, but despite a few things on a good morning, the model looks great. I know what I'll be doing the whole December ! Thank You.
    It's a pity that there is no classic radio, although I know it's a compromise. I prefer vintage cockpits myself but I can't complain because the model is free part of the SU11 after all.
    It also looks very nice in VR, the cabin is large enough and you can feel the space. Thanks.

I did some testing, but I have to take my words back. If you move the weight (e.g. 0kg in cargo), then 25% in the center of gravity is a wrong value. Gently take off with hard trim to nose, "jump jet" effect is present still:

But I did some tests with CoG and in this situation take off was perfect:

So notice, that CoG is fully on nose.
    I really have no idea about coding here. So I'm a bit surprised that CoG isn't a dynamic option in some way in MSFS and automatically helps you choose the right value. You can experiment with it, but from what I can see, the lighter the plane is the CoG has to be set more and more to the nose. Then it starts to run fine.

AH BEA skin (but I changed the cockpit to classic, and no reg on the tail):

Nice shots.
    How did you change the Cockpit to Classic?
    And can a Classic Cockpit be changed to Retro??
    T43

were to get this one?

cheers Ralf

You have right, I see the same issue, the name is Classic, but the cockpit is modern.
    I solved it, go to
    \MSFS\Community\aeroplaneheaven-aircraft-dc3-livery-transamazonica\SimObjects\Airplanes\douglas-dc3-livery-transamazonica\model.paxcargo
    and in file delete MOD text (it should looks like this: interior=..\..\douglas-dc3\model.cargo\dc3_Cargo_interior.xml)
    Thanks YoYo, but I'll wait till the new download is ready. What with flight model and rudder authority tweaks, I seem to be spending more time with Notepad than I can be bothered with.

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    were to get this one?

cheers Ralf
    Take those skins from this AH sub page: https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_dc3liveries.php.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Nice shots.
    How did you change the Cockpit to Classic?
    And can a Classic Cockpit be changed to Retro??
    T43
    I wrote about this posibility here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1302269 . The key is text "MOD" (Modern?). You can add or delete (if you prefer classic and if the model has this option), personally I prefer to have classic cockpits in all versions. Btw. if you want I can share my modifications, just write me on PM.

Nice. Id like to see some C-47 skins. I have my own Delta Airlines for P3Dv5 version but I see that too many changes to adopt it to MSFS.

Take those skins from this AH sub page: https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_dc3liveries.php.
    thank´s,have download but not install-------------

Today I did nice and long trip (about 1,5h) over Brasil. Flying long distances in MSFS is always a fun experience in larger planes. What I noticed, however, in MSFS I don't see a difference in using of Supercharger here (I did trip at 15.000 ft). As I remember in P3Dv5 was nice boost in the same model (the problem was the limited time there).

Love the one in Varig colors...more if I have a very first TAP or Portuguese Air force....
    Saúde...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dc3.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	89079

Hello @bazzar, any chances for the Paintkit?

Please remember that this is officially a Microsoft release. Any requests, support issues etc. will be addressed by them if they are notified. So please don't ask us. If Microsoft require amendments, additions etc. we are officially notified and then act accordingly. It is they who decide if and when any updates are released. In the meantime we can produce free livery packs. There are some excellent mods being produced out there, available as free downloads from a variety of sites which further enhance the DC-3 experience. Also a growing collection of liveries are available. Over time, we are sure that the DC-3 will continue to improve but please be patient. The 40th Anniversary project is an enormous undertaking by all concerned.

Someone posted in the official feedback thread they had to unlearn the FSX DC-3 to start enjoying the MSFS one. I can't agree more. I THOUGHT I was a good DC-3 pilot. But coming to the flight model with an open mind has opened my mind to how this new aircraft handles. And that's what it is, a NEW aircraft. There are bugs to work out but if you learn the plane we got and fly the plane we got it's pretty cool what they've done with it. My 0.02

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Please remember that this is officially a Microsoft release. Any requests, support issues etc. will be addressed by them if they are notified. So please don't ask us. If Microsoft require amendments, additions etc. we are officially notified and then act accordingly. It is they who decide if and when any updates are released. In the meantime we can produce free livery packs. There are some excellent mods being produced out there, available as free downloads from a variety of sites which further enhance the DC-3 experience. Also a growing collection of liveries are available. Over time, we are sure that the DC-3 will continue to improve but please be patient. The 40th Anniversary project is an enormous undertaking by all concerned.
    Ok. So how do I understand any issues and suggestions to be patched should be reported on the MSFS forum. No problem.

But any chances for the paintkit?

Quote Originally Posted by HFBHercules1280 View Post
    Someone posted in the official feedback thread they had to unlearn the FSX DC-3 to start enjoying the MSFS one. I can't agree more. I THOUGHT I was a good DC-3 pilot. But coming to the flight model with an open mind has opened my mind to how this new aircraft handles. And that's what it is, a NEW aircraft. There are bugs to work out but if you learn the plane we got and fly the plane we got it's pretty cool what they've done with it. My 0.02
    Yes, I agree too and I would rather not compare it to FSX, we are light years further than 2007 in simulators market and I don't consider the DC-3 model from FSX to be a kind of benchmark for next developers. There were better models later. Possibly if we are talking about the model MAAM was really good (FSX).

Members who have read this thread: 4