AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022? - Page 6
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Is there any glimmer of hope for N44V to get rendered in paint? She's based at the air museum in Charlotte NC and I've had the pleasure of touring her a couple of times. I'd really love to fly on her, but that expense is just a bit high for me. (The Airbus in the background is the one Sully put into the Hudson.)
    There is also one closer to you under rebuild in Spencer at the NCTM. (North Carolina Transportation Museum) See ----> https://www.wral.com/piedmont-airlin...aker/19083653/

Don BP

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    No Spooky then....
    I have some ideas which I need to talk with Microsoft about so stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    I have some ideas which I need to talk with Microsoft about so stay tuned.
    Be nice if you guys could maybe offer an update on YOUR site for these optional planes. I certainly would pay for them. Is the DC-3 still your work, or does it get sold lock, stock and barrel to them? Could that curtail an add-on?

Don

Most things are possible. It all depends on where Microsoft want to go with this. We're talking.

Since this will be a free add-on for all MSFS users, hopefully MS won't encrypt all of files, so users can tweak config files and otherwise represent different configurations/tweaks/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Since this will be a free add-on for all MSFS users, hopefully MS won't encrypt all of files, so users can tweak config files and otherwise represent different configurations/tweaks/etc.
    Don't hold your breath. My bet is that they'll treat it like every other plane.

Can anyone with the Darkstar or Penguin check to see if those have encrypted cfg's?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Don't hold your breath. My bet is that they'll treat it like every other plane.

Can anyone with the Darkstar or Penguin check to see if those have encrypted cfg's?
    The Darkstar is encrypted but the Penguin isn't
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

They did add "unlock FSArchive files" to work that's in progress after someone started a request on the official forum and then I clarified the request (that people didn't need full unlocks, just config files, so that planes can be enhanced/fixed) during one of the developer chats.

So it looks like we will get unlocked config files for the Premium/Plus aircraft.

I'm hoping we will for the second-party (published by Microsoft) planes as well.

Ideally, they would also let third-party marketplace publishers who want to and approve of it to allow their config files to be unencrypted (while protecting the main aircraft files to prevent piracy) as well. But not sure if that's on the radar. Baz, if you could bring this possibility up with them as you talk to them it could be a huge service to the plane-buying community!

MS seems to be getting their update act together (a couple of recent updates went live in just a couple of days). If they'd also allow config file editing for Marketplace planes, I'd be far less hesitant to buy from the official stor.e

If they'd also allow config file editing for Marketplace planes, I'd be far less hesitant to buy from the official stor.e
    Absolutely...holding off on the Beech 18 for that very reason.

It is something we will be talking about down the track. It is important for historical subjects that updates and upgrades happen regularly.

So not only do MS nuke my Personal Computer AND MSFS2020 with a mandatory update,
    to add insult to injury they then buy - or acquire the rights to, ask nicely for, or whatever- the AH DC3 for their 40th anniversary pack so it doesn't get released until November.
    And then, because they know they've angered me they will give it away for zero dollars to all and sundry.
    You should all thank me, then :P

SOH-CM-2023
    Will documentation be available?

As in manuals? Yes there will.

Super excited to see this! Sad to wait but I know it'll be worth it, and how awesome to have so many new folks introduced to the DC-3.

Hope y'all can eventually bring the C-119 and Phoenix over too. Those were amazing! Also, I loved the C-46 y'all did for Just Flight. That one was amazing. Is that something you could bring over eventually, or does JF have the rights on that one? Would be so cool to fly "The Hump" with MSFS's scenery and weather.

I am excited to hear about the AH DC-3/C-47 being part of the 40th aniv release, even though it means waiting for another 5 months, lol.

Wasn't there an issue with behavior of tail draggers in FS2020? If so, MS/Asobo better get that fixed before November...
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Super excited to see this! Sad to wait but I know it'll be worth it, and how awesome to have so many new folks introduced to the DC-3.

Hope y'all can eventually bring the C-119 and Phoenix over too. Those were amazing! Also, I loved the C-46 y'all did for Just Flight. That one was amazing. Is that something you could bring over eventually, or does JF have the rights on that one? Would be so cool to fly "The Hump" with MSFS's scenery and weather.
    We may be bringing the C46 to MSFS, also the Boxcar in time. They are all cool aeroplanes but take a lot of time to develop, especially for the new sim.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    I am excited to hear about the AH DC-3/C-47 being part of the 40th aniv release, even though it means waiting for another 5 months, lol.

Wasn't there an issue with behavior of tail draggers in FS2020? If so, MS/Asobo better get that fixed before November...
    We've done quite a bit of work to iron out taildragger behaviour in MSFS and the DC-3 is now a pussy-cat.

Ok, the release is coming, already only about 2 weeks only . There has been a lot of time so I hope the model has been well tested and we will get a high quality MSFS add-on of legendary Dakota. Cant wait to fly on DC-3 again in MSFS! Good time is coming for us .

Do you have to plan release the paintkit too?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Desk has been cleared in anticipation, & this eagerly awaited DC-3 will have its rivets flown off.

T43

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Desk has been cleared in anticipation, & this eagerly awaited DC-3 will have its rivets flown off.

T43
    Could use some new screenshots to boost the hype , however maybe NDA forbids it.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Could use some new screenshots to boost the hype , however maybe NDA forbids it.

Would be nice if we could see the release liveries somewhere.

T43

They added it here: https://www.facebook.com/Aeroplaneheaven/photos on his FB profile however as I remember the plan was to add few for release and the rest ass free and separate addon for DC-3/C-47 users but I dont know that is still in the plans.

Yeah, of all the Anniversary aircraft this is the one I'm really excited about. The Beaver and Jenny too... Already have a great Grumman Goose. The rest -- Wright Flier, Spruce Goose, Spirit of St. Louis, A310, etc. will be interesting to do test flights in but I likely won't spend a lot of time with.

Hoping in the missions they bring back the Area 51 mission. With the original voices.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I've been hyped for months. Like waiting for Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    I've been hyped for months. Like waiting for Christmas!
    A lot of elderly fliers have kept taking their meds & have hung on for this one rather than shuffle off.
    Hope it is a good -un
    T43

Members who have read this thread: 5