AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022? - Page 16
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: AH DC-3 Releasing March, 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by Fnerg View Post
    I'm 98% finished my RCAF template, and then I can create a few Canadian liveries for this great model! Thanks AH!
    Nice too! Good to see many new skins. Thx. Maybe I'll do something as well, but till now not too many free time :/.

Btw. I added the small issue with thumbnails too: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...e-model/562848 (only silver paints).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2018
    I must say that I love all the skins that are coming out for this plane. I am impressed at the talent! I have been flying the wheels off it in various places around the world. I use skins that are appropriate for the part of the world I am flying in.

I used to be able to muddle my way through a skin in previous versions of the sim (FS9 and FSX). But I have opened up the texture files and can't make heads nor tails of them.

So, I come with my hat in my hand and request a skin, if I may do so. I love flying in New Guinea and for this place I would love a military skin of the Jungle Skippers. I like the remoteness of New Guinea. The lack of nav aids and the necessity of vfr flying is very attractive. The remoteness is reminiscent of my desert war experience in a field hospital in Saudi during the Gulf war.

Would someone be kind enough to do a simple skin for me? It would not involve any nose art, just numbers and lettering. Below are some examples.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X9A.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	89211

Name:	Jungle skippers 104.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	89212

Name:	X95(1).jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	89213

I prefer the middle picture because of the olive drab rather than the olive green. I thank you in advance to consider it.

Regards,

Joe

Yes, we have plenty

Last edited by YoYo; December 8th, 2022 at 13:27.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Collins Radio Set not working ??

Not sure if it's the latest MSFS patch (f.i. i can't use Ant's Tiger Moth anymore because of a constant flashing Tablet ! Anyone see this too ? ) because i did not use the Collins radio set before (still trying to be good friends with the DC-3 flying/landing her... ) but i just can't get it to work. All i get out of it is what looks like a 'Test' phase. The digits light up everytime i right click my mouse button, no matter where the mouse pointer is at that moment. That's all...Release the button and the lights die out again..

The manual says all comms and navs radios can be turned on/off with the small knob at the bottom left. If i click the actual knob however it says "Swap Comm1" or "Swap Nav1" etc. Not 'On/Off' or anything like that...

In short, does any DC-3 pilot here work with the Collins Radio Set ? Question: how do you turn it on ??... Is mine broken somehow ??...

Thanks a lot for any hints/tips !

You can turn on/off radio by pressing Battery switch (internal). I dont know any other method. Those knobs are for volume (however it does nothng or the impact is very small and you can swap freq, thats all).

Thanks, YoYo. So what you say is that if you turn your battery switch to On the Collins radio set turns on as well ? I.e. no need to click an additional knob ??....

My battery switch is turned on of course. Volts at 25. All electrical stuff otherwise works. Just the Collins radio set is dead as a doornail here in my DC-3 office.

So yours does work, right ?

Thanks!

Btw, can someone explain please how exactly do these various flightmodel mods work ? I mean do you just keep adding them to the Community folder (while the original main DC-3 folder is in the Official folder ?....) or do you delete the other flightmodel mods first before installing the latest version ?

Currently i have 'zzz_duckworks-enhancement-dc-3' in my Community folder. I just picked up ' zzz-duckworks-enhancement-dc-3-v0.2.3_qjaTN.zip from flightsim.to. I notice it will install in my current zzz_duckworks folder so that's fine. It's just that how can we be sure it actually works ?? Can we be sure that these enhancement files know where to actually go ?? How ??...

I mean, must say i'm not too sure about if i actually notice any improvement in the DC-3 flight dynamics after installing these enhancement files. Once in cruise she behaves quite well and with a correctly set elev trim, no flaps and about 90% power she'll takes off nicely now without doing the hairraising Cobra manouvre. But i feel that's more like i know what to do now than that it is because of the enhancement mod. I could be wrong though...

Than there's the fact that there are 2 main DC-3 folders in the Official folder : #1. microsoft-aircraft-dc3. #2.microsoft-aircraft-dc3-enhanced. Would these mod files go to both these folders or just the one in use ( because i have the 'dc-3 enhanced' folder i suppose then that's what i'm flying... ). All a bit confusing in my flightsim book...

What's your take on these flightmodel mods ? Can you deffinately confirm that they actually work ?...

Thanks for any insights !

Honestly I didnt fly DC-3 from the Friday, so when my MSFS took the last patch but as I know DC-3 in this update wasnt touched yet, it isnt in the list of updated models so I think it works like before:
    https://www.flightsimulator.com/dece...opment-update/.

Well, on top of my Collins radios in the DC-3 don't work i also have a terrible flashing tablet in my beloved Ant's Tiger Moth. Can't do away with that. Unflyable now. All fine before this 1GB patch !

YoYo, could you please check if your Collins radio set does work in your DC-3 ?

Merci bien !

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Btw, can someone explain please how exactly do these various flightmodel mods work ? I mean do you just keep adding them to the Community folder (while the original main DC-3 folder is in the Official folder ?....) or do you delete the other flightmodel mods first before installing the latest version ?

Currently i have 'zzz_duckworks-enhancement-dc-3' in my Community folder. I just picked up ' zzz-duckworks-enhancement-dc-3-v0.2.3_qjaTN.zip from flightsim.to. I notice it will install in my current zzz_duckworks folder so that's fine. It's just that how can we be sure it actually works ?? Can we be sure that these enhancement files know where to actually go ?? How ??...

I mean, must say i'm not too sure about if i actually notice any improvement in the DC-3 flight dynamics after installing these enhancement files. Once in cruise she behaves quite well and with a correctly set elev trim, no flaps and about 90% power she'll takes off nicely now without doing the hairraising Cobra manouvre. But i feel that's more like i know what to do now than that it is because of the enhancement mod. I could be wrong though...

Than there's the fact that there are 2 main DC-3 folders in the Official folder : #1. microsoft-aircraft-dc3. #2.microsoft-aircraft-dc3-enhanced. Would these mod files go to both these folders or just the one in use ( because i have the 'dc-3 enhanced' folder i suppose then that's what i'm flying... ). All a bit confusing in my flightsim book...

What's your take on these flightmodel mods ? Can you deffinately confirm that they actually work ?...

Thanks for any insights !
    Hi Jan,
    i fly most the gotfriends float and the last duckworks,i fly most every day.....
    it fly ok for me,if it is right? the mods work,there are changes if you not use them.
    still miss your C47 beta VC and Nancy,were nice to do a mod with this VC for the AH........one can Dream........
    for me the best ever,

Cheers Ralf

The loading sequence (A too Z) determiners which version of a plane or repaint or flightmodel or scenery is actieve. That's why the dc-3 mod starts with "zzz_".

Do not have to delete different addon's, however not wise to have too many of the same mod's in the community-folder.

Or the "zzz_duckworks-enhancement-dc-3" is active is easy to recognise when your cowling flaps are open on startup, for example on the runway. (Also with the latest version, the flaps setting to reduced to 5 -> 0, 25, 50, 75 and 100%).

could you please check if your Collins radio set does work in your DC-3 ?
    They to work on my system.

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    Hi Jan,
    i fly most the gotfriends float and the last duckworks,i fly most every day.....
    it fly ok for me,if it is right? the mods work,there are changes if you not use them.
    still miss your C47 beta VC and Nancy,were nice to do a mod with this VC for the AH........one can Dream........
    for me the best ever,

Cheers Ralf
    Thanks Ralf ! Good to have our beloved Dakota back in MSFS, neh ?

So, does your Collins radio set work ? If affirmative i might have to re-install the DC-3 pack ( if i can find out how...)

She flies alright more or less but i still can't keep it on the runway after landing.

Sure, our freeware C-47 was great fun in FSX/P3D indeed but MSFS is quite another kettle of fish.. Manfred and me, Alex, Ted, Daniel,Tom and everyone else involved will have to start all over again from scratch in order to bring it to MSFS, a task just too much to ask for. But hey, this one is freeware too, right ? And she looks the part, doesn't she !

Thanks again, Ralf, i'm sure i'll get that radio set working one way or another.

Cheers,
    Jan

Thanks very much, Marcel !

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    The loading sequence (A too Z) determiners which version of a plane or repaint or flightmodel or scenery is actieve. That's why the dc-3 mod starts with "zzz_".

Do not have to delete different addon's, however not wise to have too many of the same mod's in the community-folder.

Or the "zzz_duckworks-enhancement-dc-3" is active is easy to recognise when your cowling flaps are open on startup, for example on the runway. (Also with the latest version, the flaps setting to reduced to 5 -> 0, 25, 50, 75 and 100%).
    Ahhh! Alright, that's great, easy to check and IIRC that might just be realistic too..

They to work on my system.
    Ok, so that's that then... Mine are broken... Thought as much..

Btw, do you have Ant's Tiger Moth ? If so, does the tablet look alright in the cockpit ?

Thanks much again, Marcel !

Now to find out how to re-install that Gooney bird....

Disregard please !

Gents, please disregard my query about that broken Collins Radio Set.

It's working !! Found the culprit : my brandnew Honeycomb Bravo TQ !

It proves that some of the switches are actually working already... Who would expect that ?? One of the switches actually turns the Collins Radio Set On and Off !

Blimey! That's the last thing i would've thought of ( sofar i have only setup the throttle/props/mixture levers. Works fantastic. Didn't find the time to look at the switches yet but i will do so asap now !... ;-)

Very glad i have a working Collins radio set in my DC-3 now.

Sorry for having bothered you with this. Maybe good hint for anybody else flying the DC-3 with the Honeycomb Bravo TQ... (it's the switch on the far right...;-)

Has anyone had the glideslope indicator on the ILS dial showing deflection at all? The course deviation shows OK but I don't get any movement out of the glideslope indicator. Tried it both with and without the Duckworks mod, same result.

It's working !! Found the culprit : my brandnew Honeycomb Bravo TQ !

It proves that some of the switches are actually working already... Who would expect that ?? One of the switches actually turns the Collins Radio Set On and Off !

Blimey! That's the last thing i would've thought of ( sofar i have only setup the throttle/props/mixture levers. Works fantastic. Didn't find the time to look at the switches yet but i will do so asap now !... ;-)

Very glad i have a working Collins radio set in my DC-3 now.

Sorry for having bothered you with this. Maybe good hint for anybody else flying the DC-3 with the Honeycomb Bravo TQ... (it's the switch on the far right...;-)
    Hey Jan,
    glad you get it work

And Yes,Good to have a Dakota back in MSFS
    i hope for mods for this AH,yes it is free,i like to fly it most every Day,it is very nice also Vc is nice...............
    -Gauges for me look to modern,i hope someone can do a mod for this..so it is not much i miss,it need fine tuning.....

our freeware C-47 VC,the old Gauges,the used look,it feel right....
    was my best Sim time,so i look back to this Betatest and the great Time we have,thank´s for let me a smal Part of the Legend

Cheers Ralf

It's working !! ....
    Good to know, and that you found a reason why !
    Btw. I started to create the new skin from my side too, I have two ideas so soon I'll show the first new repaint. Im doing them in 4K.

About Improvement mods

Hi
    See some different improvement mods available at Flightsim.to and quite simply have doubts about wich one to use or somekind of a combo. Sugestions, please?
    BTW, is there a way to alphabetically sort aircraft names when we use in dev mode "aircraft selector"?
    Thanks

I'm using Got Friends 40th Anniversary and The Pilot Mod (TPM). TPM is really hard to come by and it's going to take several months I fear but it's coming along a little at a time.

Thanks Ralf and YoYo !

Not sure but that Honeycomb Bravo QT might be outthere for maybe a year or more. I got interested now because the throttle of my ancient flightstick finally gave up. Actually never knew about the Bravo QT. It's really fantastic ! (ordered additional DC-3 and DC-6 lever sets. Not arrived yet, coming from Canada.Can't wait ! ;-) Very surprised that most of the switches are already working in MSFS. Mostly for the lights. Might change them for something else. Not tried the AP yet. Maybe that'll work too out of the box...

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    our freeware C-47 VC,the old Gauges,the used look,it feel right....was my best Sim time,so i look back to this Betatest and the great Time we have,thanks for let me be a small Part of the Legend
    You're very welcome, my friend. It sure was a great time setting up the C-47 VVC, wasn't it !

I really got a kick out of the way Tom joined us the minute i jokingly posted a query about who would be willing and able to set up a full blown real voice interactive checklist ( i really thought no soul in the world would answer that of course..;-) because some people didn't like the initial text-to-speech version that Daniel produced...hehe.. And along came Tom (Harnish). He even got a pilot friend to act as second officer voice (and his wife to play the stew ;-) Our flightsimulator world at its best ! (also thanks to SOH ! ;-)

Still, i'm delighted we have our precious Dakota back in MSFS now thanks to AH ! And with the latest Duckworks flightmodel adaptions i am quite happy with it's flight behaviour now !

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Hi
    See some different improvement mods available at Flightsim.to and quite simply have doubts about wich one to use or somekind of a combo. Sugestions, please?
    IMHO, what you want is the latest Duckworks DC-3 enhancement files. The first enhancement edition i have no problem anymore with the plane veering off of the runway during landing. Quite a relief as it spoiled all the fun it is flying a DC-3. Still a bit 'juvenile' in the pitch department but i have great confident in the guys at Duckworks.

If you search for DC-3 over at flightsim.to it will probabely be the first file you'll stumble over. "Duckworks DC-3 Improvement Mod" date 9 December (important)

BTW, is there a way to alphabetically sort aircraft names when we use in dev mode "aircraft selector"?
    I'd love to know about that too ! ( i have a feeling fat chance... ;-)

cheers,
    Jan

Thanks Ralf and YoYo !

Not sure but that Honeycomb Bravo QT might be outthere for maybe a year or more. I got interested now because the throttle of my ancient flightstick finally gave up. Actually never knew about the Bravo QT. It's really fantastic ! (ordered additional DC-3 and DC-6 lever sets. Not arrived yet, coming from Canada.Can't wait ! ;-) Very surprised that most of the switches are already working in MSFS. Mostly for the lights. Might change them for something else. Not tried the AP yet. Maybe that'll work too out of the box..

Cheers,
    Jan
    where would one fine the DC-3 throttle handles? id love to have a set

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    where would one fine the DC-3 throttle handles? id love to have a set
    Here you go, Dave : https://www.etsy.com/nl/listing/1340...5%3A1340699540

I'm sorry i can't seem to get the US Etsy website going because i am in the Netherlands. So if this link doesn't work for you search for Etsy and once there search for Honeycomb Bravo Throttle DC-3/C-47 levers.

Possibly this might work better for you: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FlightSimFactory

They are a bit pricey atleast for me because of shipping (from Canada i believe). Obviously it's 'just' 3D printed stuff but still looks nice enough to fumble around with flying our virtual DC-3.

Btw, they have 'em for the DC-6 as well.

Good luck!

Can any of you DC-3/C-47 historians explain why there isn’t one accepted set of limitations for this aircraft? I am asking specifically about airspeed limitations…flap and gear speeds, Vno, Vne. I just released a "knots mod" for the ASI but I struggled to explain why I chose the limitations I depicted because there are lots of contradicting sources.

I understand that there are in-production changes, engine differences, and numerous mods available for such a mass-produced and long-lived aircraft...but beyond that, I don’t understand why there are huge differences between sources for limits that are fundamental to the airframe, such as Vne, Vfe, Vle.

I modeled my gauge graphic from real panel photos, however in that process I noticed that some aircraft were showing different limits on the gauge. For instance, the manual that AH included states that Vne is 255 MPH (221 knots), most of the panel photos I worked off of show a Vne red line at 190 KT, but I saw one a/c that had the red line just above 200KT and the start of the yellow arc was closer to 180 KT (instead of 160 KT that I felt was more standard). As for gear speeds, I have read everything from “there is no extension limit below Vne” to “Vle = 126 KT”. Not a small disparity! The manual from Manfred Jahn's DC-3 has a different set of numbers, as well. I'm intrigued!

Members who have read this thread: 4