Haas F1 & The Current "Situation"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haas F1 & The Current "Situation"

Question Haas F1 & The Current "Situation"

With Haas F1 having a major Russian sponsor, do you think the current situation will have an effect on this season?

There would be no battle for 19th/20th spots between both Haas drivers, otherwise no major change from last year... Therefore, my answer to your question is "no".

Fair chance the 'Major Russian Sponsor' will find their finance locked out due to sanctions.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Depends how the Russian sponsor pays Haas. As I think most Russian banks are currently blocked in the West. But when the Russians want to sponsor they will definitely find a way to get their money there (An option via China seems logical).
    But on the other hand it could also be a reason to stop sponsoring and see the riot to which this will lead as "free advertising". And the Russians can always say "we wanted to, but we were blocked" and put the blame elsewhere.

Cheers,
    Huub

Lightbulb

Haas to drop Uralkali livery for final day of F1 test
    haas-drop-uralkali-livery-final-day-f1-test

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Haas to drop Uralkali livery for final day of F1 test
    haas-drop-uralkali-livery-final-day-f1-test
    Let's see what will happen to Nikita Mazepin next...

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Don't underestimate the power of money .

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Don't underestimate the power of money .
    If his father cannot pay Haas because of economic sanctions, he will most likely be booted out of the team.

If his father cannot pay Haas because of economic sanctions, he will most likely be booted out of the team.
    In that case you can also wonder how long Haas will be able to keep their cars driving without the Russian fertiliser money.

Kaspersky labs was still on the front wings of the 2022 Ferrari cars when they were presented. I wonder whether it is still there........

Cheers,
    Huub

Kaspersky labs was still on the front wings of the 2022 Ferrari cars when they were presented. I wonder whether it is still there........
    I have always been doubtful about relying on a Russian company for computer and network security...

Icon2

You called it!
    Haas F1 Could Drop Nikita Mazepin, Uralkali
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...182000940.html

No 'Russian' GP either, cancelled.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I have always been doubtful about relying on a Russian company for computer and network security...
    On who can you still rely? Facebook, Instagram, Strava, Micorsoft, Google, Huwai, we all know they collect our data for who knows what. The Kaspersky is just another player in a global game. Even my car seems to collect m my data. My car tells me to make an appointment to have my car serviced and two day later I receive an e-mail with the same message......

But more on the subject: I understand some Germans and British football clubs (soccer for the foreigners) are having problems with their Russian sponsors as well.

Cheers,
    Huub

I love motorsport, especially endurance races and F1, my oldest memory of a Grand Prix is back to 1988 and I was 10 years old and I still remember today the great Groupe C era. The problem I have today is that everybody close their eyes, nobody care's where a race is held. Personnally, even if I find it sometimes frustrating especially when the championship is fantastic as 2021 was, I force myself to not watch races like Russia, Saudia Arabia, Azerbaijan for examples. No go. I don't say that everything is perfect in our western countries but at least, we don't kill people just because they say something different from what 'the big boss' want to hear. Being in an armchair looking at an F1 race on TV with a remote control in one hand and a beer in the other one while knowing that people are suffering outside the area of the circuit is a problem for me. F1 is not discovering today the real face of Poutine, it's totally hypocritical to say "we didn't knew that" after having accepted millon $ from him and gaving him worlwide 'clean' visibility. Same for Olympic games and so on. Having said that, to me sponsorship is a different aspect. This is not because a country is managed by a dictator that a company from this counrty can not be involved in motorsport or sport in general. The sport can not be used as a washing machine to give a better image of a monster or to dilluate the massive incomes from illegal traffics but if the origin of the income is clean there is no problem to my opinion. I don't know if there are connexions between Uralkali and Russian state so I can't have an opinion on Haas situation today. If there are no connexions, I don't see any difference between Dmitry Mazepin and Lawrence Stroll or Dietrich Mateschitz for examples, they are making buisiness in motorsport, no more, no less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

If anybody can help, I do have an issue with the forum since a couple of months. Smileys do not work, layout and line spacing are deleted when I submit a message making it quite difficult to read if it's long! I use Mozilla Firefox.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Quote Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
    Having said that, to me sponsorship is a different aspect. This is not because a country is managed by a dictator that a company from this counrty can not be involved in motorsport or sport in general. The sport can not be used as a washing machine to give a better image of a monster or to dilluate the massive incomes from illegal traffics but if the origin of the income is clean there is no problem to my opinion. I don't know if there are connexions between Uralkali and Russian state so I can't have an opinion on Haas situation today. If there are no connexions, I don't see any difference between Dmitry Mazepin and Lawrence Stroll or Dietrich Mateschitz for examples, they are making buisiness in motorsport, no more, no less.
    Dmitry Mazepin, who owns parts of Uralkali and give much money to Haas F1 Team, is a Russian oligarch who is very close to Vladimir Putin. Sanctions against Putin and his close friends do affect Mazepin for this reason.
    Last edited by Roxane-21; February 26th, 2022 at 03:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
    I don't say that everything is perfect in our western countries but at least, we don't kill people just because they say something different from what 'the big boss' want to hear.
    While he hasn't killed people (yet), he does order mounted police to trample elderly women with walkers. Throw peaceful protesters in jail and deny bail etc., etc. Our wanna be dictator Trudeau is very much like Putin if you disagree with him. Should the Canadian F1 race be cancelled this year? I say yes and I'm a huge F1 fan who was once part of an organisation trying to create a Canadian F1 team.
    Matt

Well, it's a topic that is far too complex to discuss by message because too open to misunderstanding compared to a face to face discussion with somebody you know. I think I understand more or less what you mean, we seem to be on a similar page. Merci Roxane-21 pour l'information, so I think Haas will have to announce the loss of his main sponsor in the coming weeks or even days, we will see. This is not a good news as 2022 is the year they were expecting better days after two very dofficult seasons in a row.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post
    While he hasn't killed people (yet), he does order mounted police to trample elderly women with walkers. Throw peaceful protesters in jail and deny bail etc., etc. Our wanna be dictator Trudeau is very much like Putin if you disagree with him. Should the Canadian F1 race be cancelled this year? I say yes and I'm a huge F1 fan who was once part of an organisation trying to create a Canadian F1 team.

One of the most clear rules we have here is NO POLITICS. Consider yourself warned. And I hate to repeat myself so this is the final as well.

Huub

I'm afraid in our house - with some very keen F1 fans - there is a start of race manouevre which we watch for, every time, every race. It's the Massive Spin and the above mentioned driver is a fine exponent of it.

I'll see myself out.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

One of the most clear rules we have here is NO POLITICS. Consider yourself warned. And I hate to repeat myself so this is the final as well.

Huub
    All I see above is political discussion, YOU included. In any case, Go ahead and ban me. This is a dying site anyways as witnessed by 2 straight years of not meeting the donation goals. Bye
    Matt

Matt

Funny how we sometimes see things completely different. I though we were having a quite civil discussion about the effect of an international crisis on a sponsoring in Formula One. You think it is about politics while I think its about sponsoring during an international crisis.

You thought this was the place to share you personal opinion about your prime minister. Which makes me wonder: "Do you really think I am interested in what you think about your prime minister?" I don't think you are interested in what I think of my prime minister?

I thought you would be afraid to get banned, but now you ask me to ban you.

It's truly an odd world and you can be sure I'm really not interested in your opinion about your prime minister. Instead I think you should be happy that you live in a country where you can freely say your opinion about your prime minister. There are many countries in which you can not.

Cheers,
    Huub

Lightbulb

Ukraine Asks For Russian Drivers To Be Banned By FIA
    https://racer.com/2022/02/28/ukraine...banned-by-fia/

Potentially no need for this if UralKali is gone...

Icon2

This is interesting
    "Kvyat Calls Upon FIA and IOC To Avoid 'Unfair Solution' of Russian Bans"
    https://racer.com/2022/03/01/kvyat-c...-russian-bans/

There will not be a Russian Grand Prix in future years after Formula 1 terminated its contract with the race promoter following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
    This year’s race in Sochi was already cancelled by F1 in response to the war, but the sport had a longer-term contract to race at Igora Drive near St. Petersburg from 2023 onwards.
    Following a further discussions this week, F1 has decided it will not race in Russia in the future and as such has cancelled the existing deal.

“Formula 1 can confirm it has terminated its contract with the Russian Grand Prix promoter meaning Russia will not have a race in the future,” an F1 statement read.

The move comes despite the FIA opting against banning Russian drivers and competitors from international competition, a decision that was criticized by some national federations such as Motorsport UK who made their own decision to prohibit Russian and Belarusian competitors racing.
    F1 has yet to confirm a replacement race for the Russia date of September 25 this year, with Sochi having originally formed the first leg of a tripleheader also featuring Singapore and Japan.

Members who have read this thread: 0