MSFS AI Traffic

Thread: MSFS AI Traffic

MSFS AI Traffic

What AI traffic (payware/freeware) for MSFS exists that is :
    1) simple to install,
    2) covers most of the globe's major airports 'reasonably well',
    3) features 'many' airline/airliner types - also with some GA traffic,
    4) fps friendly ?

Just curious, as I will soon be making the jump over from FSX, and IMHO lot of the immersion the sim offers has it's basis in bringing the 'world to life' with traffic.
    I currently use UT2 in FSX and see aircraft in virtually all airports (except the odd small, remote airfield), which is OK for me.
    I am not much concerned with airline schedule/timetable flight accuracy.
    Some addons require a lot of background effort to install, maybe OK for some, but I prefer easy to install types.
    Some addons come with installers, but are lacking in 'accuracy of approach flight paths' around airports.

What AI traffic do people use in MSFS that is basically like UT2 in FSX ? The 'install and forget' addon, if you know what I mean......
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Members +
    HB, Ca.-Seattle,Wa.-Fujieda-Shizuoka-Japan
    Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    What AI traffic (payware/freeware) for MSFS exists that is :
    1) simple to install,
    2) covers most of the globe's major airports 'reasonably well',
    3) features 'many' airline/airliner types - also with some GA traffic,
    4) fps friendly ?

Just curious, as I will soon be making the jump over from FSX, and IMHO lot of the immersion the sim offers has it's basis in bringing the 'world to life' with traffic.
    I currently use UT2 in FSX and see aircraft in virtually all airports (except the odd small, remote airfield), which is OK for me.
    I am not much concerned with airline schedule/timetable flight accuracy.
    Some addons require a lot of background effort to install, maybe OK for some, but I prefer easy to install types.
    Some addons come with installers, but are lacking in 'accuracy of approach flight paths' around airports.

What AI traffic do people use in MSFS that is basically like UT2 in FSX ? The 'install and forget' addon, if you know what I mean......
    Nothing yet like Ultimate Live traffic from Flight1
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 22H2 Build 19045.4123
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)
    Core i7 3770K
    G-Skill Trident X 32GB DDR3 CL7-8-8-24
    Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
    1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    2TB PNY CS900 SSD
    LG Blue Ray Burner DL
    Rosewill mid tower Challenger
    Corsair RM 750 PSU
    Inateck KU5211 USB 3.2 Adapter
    LTERIVER PCE-G2S4 PCIe 4port SATA card
    X56 HOTAS
    Grassmonkey Joseph II Puck
    Oculus Quest 2
    TM 2x MFD Cougar
    T-Mobile Home Internet 5G (KDV21)

Until ATC gets a handle on telling the same plane to "expedite" a climb or descent ad-infinitum, I keep my AI to a minimum - sometimes none.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Until ATC gets a handle on telling the same plane to "expedite" a climb or descent ad-infinitum, I keep my AI to a minimum - sometimes none.
    Good advice, Tom.

After seeing a few video instances of airliners buzzing airport traffic control towers ........ on final approach, I had to ask.

Flying in a seemingly 'post-apocalyptic' world is not really too enjoyable either IMHO.

You'd think, fixing AI traffic would be somewhere near the top of someone's 'to do' list
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

To answer the question, Aerosoft's Simple Traffic is currently it for easy to install AI traffic packages. But it uses the default MSFS models and traffic files, so you get that horrid pointy nose A330-ish plane and the weird almost-A380. BUT, you do get authentic liveries worldwide, it's easy to install, and it's under $15.

AIG's freeware solution is the current solution if you want authentic airplane models, but it massively fails the "simple to install" part.

IMHO even with the current AI issues, I still like to have it on as it's fun to be landing on a runway and seeing a bunch of authentically liveried airlines taxying out for takeoff.

I can also recommend Aerosoft Simple Traffic. Apart from the low-flying airliner issue (which is Asobo's, not Aerosoft's) it works perfectly in Offline Traffic mode.
    I have my AI traffic density set at 10% and my AI ground traffic set at 25% so that I can still get GA traffic at smaller airfields.
    If you want to stop ATC's constant "expedite climb/descent" nagging, you can actually edit the en-US.locPak with Notepad. Search for "expedite" and you should find four lines:

"ATCCOM.AGNT_AC_VECTOR_EXPEDITE_CLIMB.0.text": "{callsign_shortened}, please expedite your climb {altitude_new}.",
    "ATCCOM.AGNT_AC_VECTOR_EXPEDITE_CLIMB.0.tts": "{callsign_shortened}, please expedite your climb {altitude_new}.",
    "ATCCOM.AGNT_AC_VECTOR_EXPEDITE_DESCENT.0.text ": "{callsign_shortened}, please expedite your descent {altitude_new}.",
    "ATCCOM.AGNT_AC_VECTOR_EXPEDITE_DESCENT.0.tts" : "{callsign_shortened}, please expedite your descent {altitude_new}.",

Just delete the wording within the second set of quotes on each line like this:

"ATCCOM.AGNT_AC_VECTOR_EXPEDITE_CLIMB.0.text": "",
    "ATCCOM.AGNT_AC_VECTOR_EXPEDITE_CLIMB.0.tts": "",
    "ATCCOM.AGNT_AC_VECTOR_EXPEDITE_DESCENT.0.text ": "",
    "ATCCOM.AGNT_AC_VECTOR_EXPEDITE_DESCENT.0.tts" : "",

If you'd also like to stop ATC calling Generic aircraft, see this thread for further instructions: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ft-in-MSFS-ATC

That will probably be overwritten with each update, but it's worth a shot! I'll have to try that this weekend.

Edit: Umm... I have 150 en-US.locPak files in the Official folder and five more in Community. Which one gets edited? Maybe the one I'm flying at the time?

Edit 2: If I'm editing the file for the plane I'm flying, that won't help when the plane doesn't have one. So if it reverts to a fallback, which one is that?
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I usually fly with online live traffic and the ATC does not seem to have the same issue there. I hardly ever hear the "Expedite Climb" callouts (unless it's meant for me actually). Downside is that when I fly in my own timezone at night, there is hardly any traffic. Another positive thing is that ATC uses correct Callsigns, like Speedbird for British Airways, etc.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

That will probably be overwritten with each update, but it's worth a shot! I'll have to try that this weekend.

Edit: Umm... I have 150 en-US.locPak files in the Official folder and five more in Community. Which one gets edited? Maybe the one I'm flying at the time?

Edit 2: If I'm editing the file for the plane I'm flying, that won't help when the plane doesn't have one. So if it reverts to a fallback, which one is that?

Sorry Tom, I should have given the full address (this is for the MS-Store version): C:\Users\(your name)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimul ator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\On eStore\fs-base

There are only 14 .locPak files in my Official folder, 1 for en-US and 13 other languages? As far as I know, ATC will only use the language which the sim was installed in, and only from the relevant .locPak file in the Official\OneStore\fs-base folder.
    It's worth making a backup of the original so that you can replace it before installing the next Sim Update.

You could always make a mod to go in the community folder out of it, shouldn't be to difficult.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    There are only 14 .locPak files in my Official folder, 1 for en-US and 13 other languages?
    There's also a set with every official aircraft, and some dev's also include a set with their addons. Then you have all the bush trips, landing challenges, tutorials, and probably something else I'm missing. And I came up with my number only searching for the EN-US packs.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I wonder what happened to FS Live Traffic ? Last I heard, they were waiting for an installer to be finalized ?

https://msfsaddons.com/2021/12/04/th...flightradar24/

Cheers, MZee ...

There's also a set with every official aircraft, and some dev's also include a set with their addons. Then you have all the bush trips, landing challenges, tutorials, and probably something else I'm missing. And I came up with my number only searching for the EN-US packs.
    So there is, I honestly hadn't noticed! Maybe they're included as a backup or failsafe, the sim seems to use the en-US.locPak file in my fs-base folder only.

I wonder what happened to FS Live Traffic ? Last I heard, they were waiting for an installer to be finalized ?
    Yes they are, although they're adding screenshots to their Discord channel quite often so other development work is going on in the meantime.

Blog Entries
    Currently, I don't use AI traffic.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

The language packs do more than just things like ATC. They can also include stuff about the aircraft you're loading to be scrolled across the bottom of the screen. The payware Emb-110 is one that does that.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The language packs do more than just things like ATC. They can also include stuff about the aircraft you're loading to be scrolled across the bottom of the screen. The payware Emb-110 is one that does that.
    It's true that the language packs also contain other dialogue as well as airline callsigns, aircraft types and model names etc., but the loading screen info is contained in the aircraft.cfg file under the [LOADING] section.
    I've edited my EMB-110's to read as below:

[LOADING]
    ImageName = LOADING_FREEFLIGHT
    Tips0 = "The EMB-110 Bandeirante remains the most successful commercial aircraft in Embraer's history."
    Tips1 = "The name Bandeirante means 'Pioneer' in Portuguese."
    Tips2 = "The first production EMB-110 flew on August 9th 1972 and entered revenue service in April 1973."
    Tips3 = "Production of the Bandeirante ceased in May 1990 but it's reliability and good operating economics have kept it in service to this day."

OK - so what mad me think it was the language pack??? Thanks for the clarification!
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

So now with the new FSLTL Live Traffic being offered here : https://www.fslivetrafficliveries.com/

any thoughts on how good it is from users ?
    Cheers, MZee ...

Check this thread for some opinions and experiences:

https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu.../128939-New-ai
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mugel View Post
    Check this thread for some opinions and experiences: https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu.../128939-New-ai
    Thank-you, Mr. M ! For some reason I missed this thread altogether.
    Cheers, MZee ...

So now with the new FSLTL Live Traffic being offered here : https://www.fslivetrafficliveries.com/any thoughts on how good it is from users ?
    I have been using it, and I like it!! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I have been using it, and I like it!! NC
    What an improvement to the AI traffic. I've been doing before and after testing with FSTL & LatinVFR Static Aircraft. I had been using LVFR SA prior to getting FSTL, with all the in-sim AI traffic turned off. That was better than the default AI oddities.

I've decided that FSTL by itself is better than in combo with LVFR SA. With both running it creates piggy backed aircraft parked in the same spots. I also seem to notice that when picking a starting location with LVFR SA installed I often spawn on top of another aircraft. With FSTL alone that hasn't happened yet.

When the injector starts, I've been changing two of the parameters. I don't see the need for the sim to be thinking about AI aircraft very far from my aircraft, so I change that to "50". I also set the "Blank Liveries/Generic Models" to "not be used". With that changed I haven't run into any of those oddballs so far.

Forest

Members who have read this thread: 0