Possible to add parachuters to Lockheed C-130?

Thread: Possible to add parachuters to Lockheed C-130?

Possible to add parachuters to Lockheed C-130?

Hi,

just wonder if it is possible to add (or use i. e. the Aeroplane Heaven C-47) paratrooper to other aircraft, i. e. the Lockheed Martin C-130.
    I know it was possible in FSX by changing some entries inside the aircraft.cfg, but I am not familiar with it anymore. Does anybody can help?
    Best regards, Manfred.

While I'm not familiar with AH's C-47 in particular. But I am familiar with similar type of effects. Usually they are controlled by an effect controller whether it's a light, or physically triggered effect. Some of them can be added/moved from one aircraft to another via the aircraft.cfg and/or panel.cfg. It just takes some tracking down on what system they use. More complex ones are physically attached to the aircraft itself and cannot be easily (or moved at all) retrofitted to another aircraft.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

[smokesystem]
    smoke.0=-30, -5, 0, fx_C47Parajump

You will also need the Texture Paratrooper. I'll look to see if there is also an effect file for it. This was from the M. Jahn C-47 for FSX.

Also fx_c47paratrooper.fx
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Thank you, guys!

Meanwhile, in a german forum, some guy told me that especially the AH version of the C-47 uses some new xml code to add the paras to the aircraft - hmmm...
    But that's not a big issue. I will install the Manfred Jahn's bird as well and will do some experiments by using its para effect with the Captain Sim C-130, which is also an FSX aircraft.
    The jump order I think I can get from the MJ C-47, for example the key I can use for aerobatic airplanes which use coloured smoke, is this correct?
    Thank you for explaining
    Best regards, Manfred.

Just to take this a step further, R. Graham has his "Airdrop and Target Control 2.0" software that will attach AI objects (jumpers, cargo) to any transport and allow accurate drops. I use it on my CS C-130 and Iris C-27J in P3D.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Our (AH) C-47 uses fully 3D modeled and animated paratroops with animated (opening) 3D parachutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Just to take this a step further, R. Graham has his "Airdrop and Target Control 2.0" software that will attach AI objects (jumpers, cargo) to any transport and allow accurate drops. I use it on my CS C-130 and Iris C-27J in P3D.

This is actually kind of a big deal that this program exists in my eyes. Being that I do a lot of firefighting applications (basically 95% of what I do) I got that program last night and spent several hours today actually messing with it and modifying certain things on it for making smokejumpers. I haven't done a lot of testing with it yet, but at least preliminary wise, it does look like these jumpers are actually affected by weather in the sim. Which is rather unique I believe. Plus the geo-pinning it has built into it helps you keep track with how accurate your drops have been.

First steps with Airdrop and Target Control 2.0 were very successful. Will do some more experiments now with more possible objects like bombs which I try to add to my Harrier...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Did a little smokejumper modification to it for my uses. Pretty cool program I must say. Dropped some jumpers and then some equipment from a C-23 and a BT-67.

Yap - Airdrop and Target Control 2.0 seems to become my tool. It's very easy to add different loadouts like bombs, pallets, jumper etc.
    The jumpers are all 3D, so no simple rotating planes.
    Only disadvantage: All my jumpers start to oscillate within a short distance. Can anybody confirm this behaviour?

I will do some few more experiments with rockets.

Yesterday, I add some 500lbs bombs to my Harrier and they hit several targets on my training range. You can see the explosions and afterwards the burning ground.
    To me, it finally can display well progs like "FSX weapons (freeware)" or "Weapons for FSX (CS payware)" which unfortunately can't work in P3D. A BIG ADVANTAGE IS: You obviously can use all weapons of the freeware "FSX weapons" now in P3D as well! That's a great improvement...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Yap - Airdrop and Target Control 2.0 seems to become my tool. It's very easy to add different loadouts like bombs, pallets, jumper etc.
    The jumpers are all 3D, so no simple rotating planes.
    Only disadvantage: All my jumpers start to oscillate within a short distance. Can anybody confirm this behaviour?

I will do some few more experiments with rockets.

Yesterday, I add some 500lbs bombs to my Harrier and they hit several targets on my training range. You can see the explosions and afterwards the burning ground.
    To me, it finally can display well progs like "FSX weapons (freeware)" or "Weapons for FSX (CS payware)" which unfortunately can't work in P3D. A BIG ADVANTAGE IS: You obviously can use all weapons of the freeware "FSX weapons" now in P3D as well! That's a great improvement...
    I do get an oscillation every so often in P3Dv4.5. Where the canopy of the chute leans over like in the photos above, but still continues to fall. It seems to even out for me when I've used it. I haven't tested it to see if it's the object being affected by the sim's weather/turbulence though. That might be it.

How are you adding objects to the client btw? I tried adding objects to the droppable object's aircraft.cfg file, but it doesn't seem to work. At least in P3D it doesn't, or maybe I'm not putting stuff in the right place.

Nevermind haha. I realized I accidently downloaded the earlier client. The newest version is much more refined and spells out how to do this in the readme. I should have paid closer attention.

Members who have read this thread: 1