IMAM Ro-43 floatplane F.Giuli

Thread: IMAM Ro-43 floatplane F.Giuli

IMAM Ro-43 floatplane F.Giuli

Unfortunately I cannot fly this plane, for every time I load it in my CFS2 it explodes, on water or on land. Suppose it has something to do with the contact points, if someone can help me with a solution that would be mighty appreciated!

hertzie

Peperez did a conversion, with almost 300 downloads

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=150&id=2524

Is this the aircraft you're having trouble with?

Yes, exactly, your download link and my plane both have the same mdl.-file (1997kb). I've replaced mine with the one you mentioned and it gave the same problem, it explodes as soon as it comes up.

Sorry Erik, it's something you're doing.

I downloaded Pepe's conversion + it works perfectly in Free Flight + Quick Combat for me ...

Well, lucky you. I tried mine in 3 different CFS2-versions and it all went the same: it explodes as soon as it touches the water. I tried to get it down as slow as possible with pause, one time that went ok, but all the other times: boom . But thanks for your reaction, fortunately I have more planes to fly .

Cheers.

problemes with IMAM Ro43

Quote Originally Posted by hertzie View Post
    Well, lucky you. I tried mine in 3 different CFS2-versions and it all went the same: it explodes as soon as it touches the water. I tried to get it down as slow as possible with pause, one time that went ok, but all the other times: boom . But thanks for your reaction, fortunately I have more planes to fly .

Cheers.
    my IMAM Ro43 is perfect . catapultage inclus pour les nombreuses batailles aéronavales de la Méditerranée

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snap23445.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	338.2 KB 
ID:	86373Attachment 86372

Erik,

You could try increasing the damage numbers in the contact points section of the aircraft.cfg, that would make the aircraft more resistant to surface impacts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAM_Ro43_freeflight_a.jpg   IMAM_Ro43_freeflight_b.jpg  

Is that #4 in the contac-points ?

OK, problem solved . How? By using the aircraft.cfg and the air.file of the Aichi E16A1 Paul 's. So now it starts from the water and flies great. Now the next problem: it has a beautful VC, but that is barely visible because there is a kind of white pilot's headrest before it that blocks the view and make only 3 instruments visible through a kind of square opening. How to get rid of that????????

Hi hertzie,

Sounds like you need to adjust the eyepoint. Look for the
    [Views] section in the Aircraft cfg file.
    Take the info form the original AC Cfg file and transfer them into the new AC cfg file.

Hope this helps,
    B24Guy

Thanks B24, with the help of Scrubby I managed to do so and now it looks and flies great.

Where would I be without my flightsim-friends ?? Like Ringo sang: "I get by with a little help from my friends".

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!

hertzie

Members who have read this thread: 0