Missing US drop tanks

Thread: Missing US drop tanks

Missing US drop tanks

Hi guys. Anyone know where I can find 'wep_us-f4u_drop_tank' it comes with the fdg2_f4u-1c model but when I load the aircraft I get the missing drop tank message. I looked thro' all the weapons packs 5 No. pages but I don't see it listed. I think it's the 'US' tag that's the problem as all the other Corsair aircraft have the correct tanks. The FGD model is superb BTW.

OK....this is an old zip and where it came from beats me, but I think it may have been an FDG2 file. I have it saved and if you want to PM me with your email, I'll send it to you.

Or you can just skip the PM and go look under the Donationware File. There are a couple of FDG Corsairs there. Pretty sure the drop tank is part of one of those corsair packs.

Drop tanks..............

......Worthless, IIRC you are right. The FDG2 Donationware packet contains the necessary tanks for the F4U

F4F Drop tanks

Thanks for the advice guys but er.... where would I go to find the donation ware. Presumably this is another sim site!

Quote Originally Posted by Brainless View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys but er.... where would I go to find the donation ware. Presumably this is another sim site!
    Perhaps the Warbirds library here at the SOH, under chapter "Donationware aircraft" and the section "CFS2" would be a logical starting point?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=68

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by brainless View Post
    thanks for the advice guys but er.... Where would i go to find the donation ware. Presumably this is another sim site!
    bingo! Sounds like a plan.

Oops

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Perhaps the Warbirds library here at the SOH, under chapter "Donationware aircraft" and the section "CFS2" would be a logical starting point?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=68

Cheers,
    Huub
    Wrong quote. I meant Huub's quote. Great plan.

F4U Drop tanks

Thanks guys. You were right. For some reason the drop tanks were different in the American aircraft section download but correct with the right tanks in the donation ware file. I don't know why this is but I guess there is a simple solution! The donation file comes with multiple variations which somehow confuse the mission planner loading the incorrect a/c but this is easily corrected in the mission file so all is well.

Members who have read this thread: 1