Warbirdsim P51 B/C

Thread: Warbirdsim P51 B/C

Warbirdsim P51 B/C

Hi All,

I have recently been up-dating my new sim, and I seem to have lost my Warbird Sim P51 B/C Files. Does any anyone know where they can now be and downloaded and purchased.

Thanks in advance

PC Aviator still has them in their web store.

Among others Simshack and JustFlight have them as well.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thank you All

Best Regards,

Catboat

Well, seems more sensible to pick up an old thread than start a new one. I think.

Anyhoo. As I feel my way back into this hobby, this time with a PC that can run FSX properly, I'm treating myself to a few goodies which includes (obviously, or I wouldn't be posting here) the rather lovely P-51C. Always had a soft spot for the B & C Mustangs. Anyway, I've bought the package at Justflight today, installed it and ....WOW! I doff my cap in Mr Terrell's direction. I've got a mind to put some of my favourite schemes on this beauty so I wondered if there is a repaint kit available?

Any pointers gratefully received.
    Andy

Hi Andy, I believe you need to pm John for the paint kit if I remember right.
    Greenhouse357

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhouse357 View Post
    Hi Andy, I believe you need to pm John for the paint kit if I remember right.
    Thank you, I will do that.
    Andy

The 461st BG

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Well, seems more sensible to pick up an old thread than start a new one. I think.

Anyhoo. As I feel my way back into this hobby, this time with a PC that can run FSX properly, I'm treating myself to a few goodies which includes (obviously, or I wouldn't be posting here) the rather lovely P-51C. Always had a soft spot for the B & C Mustangs. Anyway, I've bought the package at Justflight today, installed it and ....WOW! I doff my cap in Mr Terrell's direction. I've got a mind to put some of my favourite schemes on this beauty so I wondered if there is a repaint kit available?

Any pointers gratefully received.
    Here is the thread from last year, you will see the Checkertail Clan P-51 Mustang repaints

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ight=liberator

Damn, that is some fine work you've done there.

John has just sent me the repaint kit, so I'll be starting work on one or two that I'd like to see. If I say that they are Mustang IIIs & IVs you'll probably guess they won't be as colourful as those checkertails.
    Andy

Mustang III and IV

Damn, that is some fine work you've done there.

John has just sent me the repaint kit, so I'll be starting work on one or two that I'd like to see. If I say that they are Mustang IIIs & IVs you'll probably guess they won't be as colourful as those checkertails.
    Thank you for the compliment. If you see the rest of the posts, I am learning from some of the best on here. I also noticed that you are in London so obviously RAF, true? Only us "Yanks" did the garish paintjobs on our Mustangs. Before the 461st flying B24's in Italy, I "virtually" was stationed at Bassingbourn with the 91st BG / 401st BS flying the A2A B-17G and AH B-17F. Now I am flying a DC-3 out of Anchorage Alaska in "1950's" putting those skills I learned in the virtual USAAF to good use.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Thank you for the compliment. If you see the rest of the posts, I am learning from some of the best on here. I also noticed that you are in London so obviously RAF, true? Only us "Yanks" did the garish paintjobs on our Mustangs.
    We stand on the shoulders of giants, there are some true artists in our hobby, not least Mr Terrell. Yes, I'll be working on some RAF paint jobs with somewhat of a lean toward the Polish squadrons, they can never have too much recognition as far as I'm concerned. Oh re. "garish paintjobs", the Canadians did a few postwar!!

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Before the 461st flying B24's in Italy, I "virtually" was stationed at Bassingbourn with the 91st BG / 401st BS flying the A2A B-17G and AH B-17F. Now I am flying a DC-3 out of Anchorage Alaska in "1950's" putting those skills I learned in the virtual USAAF to good use.
    I lived in Cambridgeshire a few years back, pretty much everywhere you went there were reminder of WW2. Aside from the still active bases (Wittering, Alconbury, Cottesmore etc) the countryside was littered with the remains of former airfields, mostly inactive. I used to drive through Kings Cliffe regularly and although it has returned to agriculture the signs of it former usage are obviously (not least the Glenn Miller Memorial). Very humbling.
    Andy

Wretham Airfield USAAF 113 Norfolk

We stand on the shoulders of giants, there are some true artists in our hobby, not least Mr Terrell. Yes, I'll be working on some RAF paint jobs with somewhat of a lean toward the Polish squadrons, they can never have too much recognition as far as I'm concerned. Oh re. "garish paintjobs", the Canadians did a few postwar!!

I lived in Cambridgeshire a few years back, pretty much everywhere you went there were reminder of WW2. Aside from the still active bases (Wittering, Alconbury, Cottesmore etc) the countryside was littered with the remains of former airfields, mostly inactive. I used to drive through Kings Cliffe regularly and although it has returned to agriculture the signs of it former usage are obviously (not least the Glenn Miller Memorial). Very humbling.
    This is the first Mustang Fighter Group I did repaints of back 5 years ago when I was flying IL2 Cliffs Of Dover. The Green Nose P-51D Mustangs. Here is a memory:

Members who have read this thread: 1