FREEE dom - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FREEE dom

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    After I had some performance issues with the stunning Hurricane on my rig when it was just released, I was reluctant to purchase this one as well. So this opportunity was perfect for me to give the He 111 a try. And my fears were base on nothing as it actually runs very smooth.

Beautifully done model and an absolute great aircraft to fly!

Thanks again,
    Huub
    It does seem to be a nice flyer but the problem I have is that I can't get the flaps or gear to activate. . .not with the default key strokes or the mapped buttons on my CH Pro Throttle. Thing is, they work with any other airplane I choose. . .just not this one. I remapped the controls just to be sure I hadn't lost them somehow (that happens from time to time) but it made no difference. Anyway, for now it's in the hangar until I can figure out what gives.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    It does seem to be a nice flyer but the problem I have is that I can't get the flaps or gear to activate. . .not with the default key strokes or the mapped buttons on my CH Pro Throttle. Thing is, they work with any other airplane I choose. . .just not this one. I remapped the controls just to be sure I hadn't lost them somehow (that happens from time to time) but it made no difference. Anyway, for now it's in the hangar until I can figure out what gives.
    Rob (srgalahad) had this issue last night while we were on TS together and he found the problem and got it working. I don't have the AC so I can only give you what he reported. The tooltip for the hydraulic lock lever is incorrectly labelled in reverse so when it says 'locked' it is apparently 'unlocked'. The lever will revert to the 'locked' state after each incremental movement of the flaps so it has to be re-set each time you want to move the flaps up/down one notch. The same may apply to the gear but I am not sure. In addition there is a speed limit (and it is a low one...somewhere around 130 knots IIRC) and if you are above that speed the flaps will not drop regardless of flap lever position. The flaps are also sluggishly slow to operate and once on the ground the brakes are like a set on a 1930's car!

The whole shooting match makes for an interesting approach apparently!
    Larry

You have to unlock the hydraulic system, it's a lever on the left hand side of the cockpit near the lever with the red top. If you don't the flaps and gear will not work.

Pictures of it are in the manual along with the pilot seat adjustment for T/O and landings.

The Delta livery for the DC-3 seems to be missing, I get BEA wings and elevators and no fuselage or tail texture on it. I tried redownloading it with no change.
    Anyone else getting this or know where I can get the proper textures for it ?
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    The Delta livery for the DC-3 seems to be missing, I get BEA wings and elevators and no fuselage or tail texture on it. I tried redownloading it with no change.
    Anyone else getting this or know where I can get the proper textures for it ?
    THat's because it is missing some fuselage dds files - I have same issue with P3D5

SOH-CM-2020
    My query regarding the DC-3 (post # 31 ) about using it in FSX, Bazzar replied ..... " No, the DC-3/C47 package was developed for P3D only. It will not work in FSX. "

Maybe this is part of the texture issue.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by erican2 View Post
    You have to unlock the hydraulic system, it's a lever on the left hand side of the cockpit near the lever with the red top.
    Thanks for the tip, I was looking for this one too!

Aeroplane Heaven He-111 cockpit is really nice and interesting. I love all-glass-nose like this...

I asked a question about the He-111 back on post #46 that I like my planes to be historically correct. In the paint kit folder there was suppose to be a texture folder and a tool or utility called a tail switcher so you can switch tails. I down loaded a bunch of paints for this aircraft from Jan Kees. in each one of his textures he offers two tails to pick from. So did anyone else who installed this plane get that utility. Just asking. Thanks Robert

I want to download the B-17 and F3F if I can resolve the "Orbx Central Worker failed to launch" error I keep getting. I opened a customer support ticket at Orbx, we'll see what happens.

Well you guys seem to be having fun. One thing I need to say is PLEASE, Please,PLEASE read the manuals, we took a long time coding some of this stuff and unless you follow the procedures in the manuals, you won't get things to work properly. Party on.

If I hadn't have read the manual I would not have known about the ridiculous T/O & landing position.

yes the He111 was an interesting design. Cranking the seat up to see over the top of the nose required a very complex set of cogs and chains to bring the control column up with the pilot.

It's certainly a different solution, thanks for modelling it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcanx View Post
    I asked a question about the He-111 back on post #46 that I like my planes to be historically correct. In the paint kit folder there was suppose to be a texture folder and a tool or utility called a tail switcher so you can switch tails. I down loaded a bunch of paints for this aircraft from Jan Kees. in each one of his textures he offers two tails to pick from. So did anyone else who installed this plane get that utility. Just asking. Thanks Robert
    Where did you find the repaints by Jan Kees? I have just gone through 67 pages of his repaints to no avail. I have also read the He-111 manual twice and see no reference to a tool or utility called a tail switcher.....
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Tako_Kichi View Post
    Rob (srgalahad) had this issue last night while we were on TS together and he found the problem and got it working. I don't have the AC so I can only give you what he reported. The tooltip for the hydraulic lock lever is incorrectly labelled in reverse so when it says 'locked' it is apparently 'unlocked'. The lever will revert to the 'locked' state after each incremental movement of the flaps so it has to be re-set each time you want to move the flaps up/down one notch. The same may apply to the gear but I am not sure. In addition there is a speed limit (and it is a low one...somewhere around 130 knots IIRC) and if you are above that speed the flaps will not drop regardless of flap lever position. The flaps are also sluggishly slow to operate and once on the ground the brakes are like a set on a 1930's car!
    Well, I have tried what I can (including going through the manual) but to no avail. The flaps refuse to work and the gears refuse to retract. Using FSUIPC I was able to map the Hydraulic Lock to a button on my throttle so I can simply lock or unlock without having to move my hand off the throttle. Nothing works so I've uninstalled the He-111.

Current System Specs:

Matt, you can find his repaints at Avsim.com. He has 1790 repaints for various a/c. His He-111 textures start at page 88. As for the tail switcher tool AH use to have it as a download on there web site. I just assumed it would be included when it was moved to Orbx. If you unzip the paint kit there is a small readme item #2 which say's a texture folder is in the tail.psd with the markings. No texture folder I can find. Robert

Thanks Robert
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Well, I have tried what I can (including going through the manual) but to no avail. The flaps refuse to work and the gears refuse to retract. Using FSUIPC I was able to map the Hydraulic Lock to a button on my throttle so I can simply lock or unlock without having to move my hand off the throttle. Nothing works so I've uninstalled the He-111.
    After a lot of trial and error (this is in P3Dv4 by the way) I have found that the flap and gear limiting speed is 250 kph. The hydraulic lever must be in the forward position.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    After a lot of trial and error (this is in P3Dv4 by the way) I have found that the flap and gear limiting speed is 250 kph. The hydraulic lever must be in the forward position.
    Thanks, but my attempts have been at speeds well below the limit you mention.

Current System Specs:

Robert, check your PM's

Regards Paul Day.

Thank you Bazzar for donating these fine aircraft to the community!
    Any chance that these will wind up in the SOH archives?

Thanks again
    NormB

You are welcome. No, these products will only be available through ORBX.

If anyone has any success in making the pilots disappear from the Globe Swift when it's all cold and dark, parked with brake on, please let me know.
    There is a box in the config clipboard for this but nothing works for me.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    If anyone has any success in making the pilots disappear from the Globe Swift when it's all cold and dark, parked with brake on, please let me know.
    There is a box in the config clipboard for this but nothing works for me.
    It is the same for me Mike, cold dark aircraft, parking brake on, box (un)ticket, but the seat must be so comfortable, that the pilot refuses to leave!

Cheers,
    Huub

Seems like a nice professional approach to a changed business model. Cheers.

Members who have read this thread: 3