Piper Cub Tricycle Gear

Thread: Piper Cub Tricycle Gear

Piper Cub Tricycle Gear

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Civilian Props

Description: This rebuild of the stock FS2004 Piper Cub. New fuselage and wings UV mapping to fix the lousy texture mapping. De-mirror textures. Fitted with a nose gear kit that was produced around late 1948. The kit swaps the left and right side gear around than mounts the nose gear to the lower engine mounts.

With the model being made for FS04 (or FSX) all of the virtual cockpit's clickable switches and things like that should be working. Key frame animations are used and a good number of the animations are done. Model is Multi LOD. Also works in my copy of FSX Gold. I'm not a FS04 or FSX person so if change need to be made feel free to do so.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Piper Cub Tricycle Gear
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks again Allen!

Your Cub variants are really bringing new life to an old standard!

Thanks. Hope you all have fun with it! I had fun once the Cub accepted it was going to be a tri-gear no matter how much it fought me. LOL
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thank you so much for all your hard work bringing this project to completion. I had no idea the Cub ever had a tri-gear modification. She's a lot of fun flying her from the front seat.

Brian

Here is a google copy of Flying Magazine Aug 1958 that I wish I found about 36 hours ago. It says speed loss is about 5 MPH with the nose gear. Looks like I will need to edit it now. You can read about it on Page 46, 86 and 87

https://books.google.com/books?id=wz...page&q&f=false
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Thanks for all the good historical info about this mod. Nicely done model. I've seen similar after-market mods done to the Cessna 170 and tandem Taylorcrafts as well.

NormB

Members who have read this thread: 0