Cfs2 and win 11

Thread: Cfs2 and win 11

Cfs2 and win 11

Greetings Folks !

Just received a new Lenovo computer that runs Win 11. Anyone have a problems with getting CFS2 to run in this enviro.? Can you make this run in compatability ? Basic I know but still feeling my way around this thing.

You may be the 1st to try CFS2 on Win 11. I guess assume the setup for Win 11 is the same as Win 10 and hope for the best???
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Allen...................

. Just my luck ! Never wanted to be Hertz was always willing to be Avis. That is what I used to tell my bosses whenever they would carry on about my overtime bill when I was (pardon my language here) working. Never wanted to be #1, well almost always, brings too much attention.
    I guess there is no compatibility mode with this and will be guided by Win 10.

Intimidation work,s , I prefer the short coach double barrel ,
    version 12 gauge

Hello, people, here it says that it can be run in compatible mode like with windows 10

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/run-older-programs-in-compatibility-mode-in-windows-11-10/

sometimes the compatibility mode is disabled by default or by a windows update, in that case you have to enable it in regedit,
    creating a key folder with a 0, there are videos on youtube on how to do it in windows 10, I think it's the same on windows 11.

Maxstuka.....

. Thanks for that link. Pretty straight forward . Will give it a try later.

Sadly, it seems that many people are going to have to got the route I went with my simpit. One computer dedicated to running CFS 2 only, with Win 7 Home Premium, no updates, older Nvidea GTX 750 video card, 8 gigs memory and an I3 processor. I'm going to try a used I7 I got recently but I'm not holding out much hope for any better results (speed or graphics) than I have now.

Another thing that can be done but I haven't done it, is to use virtualBox
    it is the last thing that remains in case future windows do not have compatibility with cfs2.

You can emulate operating systems like XP and Windows 7 on modern operating systems on the same PC.

I have heard that this software is saving the lives of old games

Members who have read this thread: 1