World Update Australia is out - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Update Australia is out

Jankees, did you see the sim update come down? (It's a world update, but the base game was updated). Maybe check by going to the Xbox app (sigh) and checking for updates there?

Otherwise, go to the Content Manager in your sim and make sure there's nothing "not installed =." If there is, download it

If none of that works, go to the content manager, find the VL-3, delete it, and then re-download it from the "not installed" section?

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    'only reinstalling' you say, yes, if the content manager would work....but no. So reinstalling the whole sim, anoter 105Gb to download, then completely setting up my joystick again, the community folder, aaargh...all because of some aircraft I've never even heard of, why, oh why?
    Sorry to read folks are doing reinstalls. I had to do a full reinstall last month with the last update becaue of a file corruption issue. It would seem that you have to open the Xbox game application first, and click on updates. This updated the simulator itself. As for the world update Australia, that will be found for free in the Marketplace but only after the game update. The install was fairly painless this time as I remembered the Xbox portion of the update process. That being said, the update reset all of my game settings to default. Huh? Everything looked pretty bad before I made that discovery. I also made the mistake of paying for that little fokker. It must be an FS9 port over. Shame on ORBX for that move. It makes the JU look like a study sim.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Doing some exploring around Townsville, one of several new photogrammetry cities included.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Jankees, did you see the sim update come down? (It's a world update, but the base game was updated). Maybe check by going to the Xbox app (sigh) and checking for updates there?

Otherwise, go to the Content Manager in your sim and make sure there's nothing "not installed =." If there is, download it

If none of that works, go to the content manager, find the VL-3, delete it, and then re-download it from the "not installed" section?
    After the sim update, everything worked, EXCEPT for the content manager, it was stuck in an endless 'searching' loop. So yes, I deleted the whole sim and am now reinstalling. After a full night of downloading, the content manager works, but now I have to add all world updates, one at a time. And of course it does not see any of the stuff in the community folder. Ah, and it is missing lots more aircraft before I can do the Oz update.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

small update: after 24 hours of downloading and installing, the sim is back....but now it does not see the community folder, so all I have in the hangar now is the JU-52 with silly paintschemes and a bunch of aircraft that I don't like.
    I'm sure I'll find a solution, but jeeeez....
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

In File Manager there is no??: [using my labelling structure]

P:/Jankees/Community
    P:/Jankees/Official

Try searching File Manager for 'Community" , without the ""

BTW- I got a small extra update today when I logged into MSFS.

Can you open MSFS & get to Profile, then Content Manager.
    On Left hand side in Content Manager
    do you have

Installed (with a number)
    Not Installed (with a number)
    Update Available (with a number)??
    T43

I saw that small update too.

I don't know what it was, but it definitely wasn't a fix for the Fokker flight model!

August

I found what was wrong, somehow it was looking for the (new) community folder on C:
    All is well now, I think, still need to try my first flight though...

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    small update: after 24 hours of downloading and installing, the sim is back....but now it does not see the community folder, so all I have in the hangar now is the JU-52 with silly paintschemes and a bunch of aircraft that I don't like.
    I'm sure I'll find a solution, but jeeeez....
    Man, Jankees! Like you I live in Belgium, and I've also recently reinstalled MSFS, but in stead of downloading for 24 hours, I've downloaded the whole thing in in about 3 hours. After reinstalling my rig with Windows 11, so it was a clean install.

You might want to change internet service providers. Just a thought.

But good to read that you've got it sorted now.

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

There was a small update this morning to the base pack. Now it's CTD city at random times. Thank you Asobo.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Blog Entries
    Update's went fine for me, but since then my sim just stutters like mad, it's practically unusable. Prior to the update's it ran like a dream. I haven't changed any settings so I don't understand what's gone wrong. Has anyone else experienced this?

Re. Australia update ...

... game loads with picture of Sydney harbour and the bridge has the arc support structure, going there in the sim it's just a flat stretch of highway with no arc as before.
    I hear ORBX was involved with the scenery, and you can buy the ORBX Sydney harbour upgrade from the marketplace.
    This picture seems misleading and unethical to me.

3 existing alternatives if you just want the bridge @ flightsim.to:

Vlegion Sydney harbour bridge with improved night lighting.
    North end of it there are vehicles crossing at right angles and travel straight up, across, and straight down.
    That spoils it.

High_Frame_Rates Sydney harbour bridge.
    Bridge looks good but traffic passes through it and crosses at water level.
    That spoils it.

Vlegion Sydney harbour bridge (5 star rating).
    This is the one to get.

Paul, in order to see the new Australia scenery, you also must download the (free) Australia World Update from the in-game Marketplace, as found under the category "World Updates". No other addon scenery required. The main MSFS update itself will not add the new scenery. Once you have it installed, Sydney will appear exactly as shown in that screenshot you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Update's went fine for me, but since then my sim just stutters like mad, it's practically unusable. Prior to the update's it ran like a dream. I haven't changed any settings so I don't understand what's gone wrong. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I have not had any CTD
    One thing to watch for per the post # 38 is that the update is fragmented. You need to check in Content Manager/Not Installed [or Uninstalled], for the Australian update. I missed it first cycle.
    T43

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Paul, in order to see the new Australia scenery, you also must download the (free) Australia World Update from the in-game Marketplace, as found under the category "World Updates". No other addon scenery required. The main MSFS update itself will not add the new scenery. Once you have it installed, Sydney will appear exactly as shown in that screenshot you mention.
    Thank you, good information. Think this is the first time I had to go to marketplace to get update, will keep in mind for the future.
    There is some weird cross traffic on the south ramp. Might try putting back the flightsim.to bridge into community folder to see if there is a conflict.

Perhaps a joke to convey my thanks:
    A guy asks his girlfriend "Am I the only one you've ever been with?".
    She replies "Yes, the others were all nines and tens.".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    I have not had any CTD
    One thing to watch for per the post # 38 is that the update is fragmented. You need to check in Content Manager/Not Installed [or Uninstalled], for the Australian update. I missed it first cycle.
    T43
    Thanks for the reply, the update went well, as did the Australia update, but for some bizarre reason the sim stutters like mad. Very strange because prior to the update it was running very well. I'm wondering if uninstalling and then a reinstall will help.

I just ran the update on my rig, and I'm ecstatic to say that for the first time in a LONG time, I had ZERO download loops!!! It's finishing the boot process as I type this, then on to the Marketplace for the rest, and then the Content Manager for any stragglers.

Of course the Marketplace update has to be bigger than the core update...

At least d/l speeds are halfway decent.

Marketplace done, over to the Content Manager. 4+GB??? Oh, wait - most of that is the Cedar Key package. That can wait. I want to get this update done...

Start time, 1751, end time, 1829. This was probably the smoothest MS/Asobo update that I've had. I'll get Cedar Key tomorrow.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Circumnavigating Australia after WU7 as done by Charles Kingsford Smith and Charles Ulm in 1927. Cheers.

https://youtu.be/0oNfGmzpGO8

Members who have read this thread: 0