GAS Stearman 4E Jr Special Offer

Thread: GAS Stearman 4E Jr Special Offer

GAS Stearman 4E Jr Special Offer

We are pleased to present to the SimOuthouse Community our Stearman 4E at a reduced price (15.95 USD) to members in recognition of your continues support of our efforts.

You may purchase it here:
    https://www.payloadz.com/go/sip?id=3387282

Curious about what's in the package. A slide show of screenshots taken in v 5.3 is here for your review. We hope you enjoy the model.

Super. Great job (as usual).

Thank you.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Super. Great job (as usual).

Thank you.
    Thanks. Any missing textures? Specifically. Flare tubes and panel supports?

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    Thanks. Any missing textures? Specifically. Flare tubes and panel supports?
    Not that I can see. Just went through all five textures and didn't see anything missing.

UPDATE: I read the discussion in the P3D section and found the 4E_cockpit.dds file. Mine also had the extra space, so I made a copy - removed the extra space - and returned back to the common folder. Hard for me to notice any difference. I presume that file is common to all three models?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Whoow!, just bought her, can't wait to try her out

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Not that I can see. Just went through all five textures and didn't see anything missing.

UPDATE: I read the discussion in the P3D section and found the 4E_cockpit.dds file. Mine also had the extra space, so I made a copy - removed the extra space - and returned back to the common folder. Hard for me to notice any difference. I presume that file is common to all three models?
    It is and I don’t think it it’s an issue as it never came up in testing

GAS Stearman 4E Patch

In response to a concern regarding the naming of a cockpit texture 4E_cockpit .dds a patch is available which will eliminate the space changing it to 4E_cockpit.dds If you are not seeing missing textures in your installed version notable the flare tubes and panel support frames you do not need this patch. Models downloaded after 10 am EST today will not require it.

Patch here
    https://www.payloadz.com/d1/?id=3387289

GAS is the absolute "Top of the Line" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSquare; Retired SMSgt, USAF/TANG

I have noticed 2 issues so far on this otherwise excellent aircraft, the fuel tank selector valve is not turning but there are click sounds but no tooltip message to tell which tank it is set to. The other issue is the prime knob turns off of lock but is hard to actually pump. Otherwise this aircraft so far is excellent! I did not notice any missing textures but I ran the patch anyway in case it was something I did not notice. My system is FSX Gold or Acceleration one of the 2 and window 10 pro 64. Again haaving a blast with this and paints are awesome!

Fuel Tank Selector and Primer

I just checked the final version in FSX Acceleration DVD and I don't have an issue with either. Are you left and right clicking the fuel tank selector handle? The primer works ok as well though it possibly could stay unlocked while you prime it and then relock it with the mouse wheel

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    I have noticed 2 issues so far on this otherwise excellent aircraft, the fuel tank selector valve is not turning but there are click sounds but no tooltip message to tell which tank it is set to. The other issue is the prime knob turns off of lock but is hard to actually pump. Otherwise this aircraft so far is excellent! I did not notice any missing textures but I ran the patch anyway in case it was something I did not notice. My system is FSX Gold or Acceleration one of the 2 and window 10 pro 64. Again having a blast with this and paints are awesome!
    The fuel selector switch points to the tank as indicated on the switch plate (see attached). The default is the fuselage tank and is correct for starting the a/c as indicated in the POH and checklist. Right clicking turns switch right and left mouse click turns it left. The mouse wheel will trigger the sound but it is not coded to advance the switch. I can see the need to clarify that in the POH which accompanies the model. You might notice that if you access the fuel payload menu that wing tank is label "right" and the fuselage "center". That's a hack to get both fuel gauges to read correct volume for each tank. with that said in the a/c configuration file the tank locations are coded to be correct with the aircraft center line and CG so has no affect on the FDE. The primer is stock code but I now have an idea that might allow for the primer to remain unlocked and activated. Something TG mentioned in his response. I'll get back to all about that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4E fuel switch plate.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	86208

Ok slightly embarrassing here lol, I had only tried left clicking or the mousewheel for the fuel selector. Right clicking works just fine the valve moves as it should, then left clicking brings it back. The primer knob does lock/unlock but it only has short travel when being pumped. So one "problem" is operator error and solved.

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    Ok slightly embarrassing here lol, I had only tried left clicking or the mousewheel for the fuel selector. Right clicking works just fine the valve moves as it should, then left clicking brings it back. The primer knob does lock/unlock but it only has short travel when being pumped. So one "problem" is operator error and solved.
    Working on some enhanced primer animation.

Working on some enhanced primer animation.
    Ok thanks not a huge thing at all. I have been enjoying this aircraft all morning. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Primer animation patch

The patch posted earlier today now contains an upgrade to the engine primer animation as well as the issue with .dds texture naming. This allows a two step process unlocking the primer and then activation the priming animation. There are tool tips for the locations driving each step. Any model purchased after 4 pm EST will not require it.

patch reposted here

https://www.payloadz.com/d1/?id=3387289

Just Checked It Out Again

Great job of fixin' Paul. I'm still not "cleared to fly by the flight surgeon" but getting better. I checked out the primer on the ground and it is perfect IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Great job of fixin' Paul. I'm still not "cleared to fly by the flight surgeon" but getting better. I checked out the primer on the ground and it is perfect IMHO.

Thanks you triggered the inspiration with your comment earlier. Feel better

We are pleased to present to the SimOuthouse Community our Stearman 4E at a reduced price (15.95 USD) to members in recognition of your continues support of our efforts.

You may purchase it here:
    https://www.payloadz.com/go/sip?id=3387282

Curious about what's in the package. A slide show of screenshots taken in v 5.3 is here for your review. We hope you enjoy the model.
    Great !
    I like the background music, what is this music?

Quote Originally Posted by ferondoe View Post
    Great !
    I like the background music, what is this music?
    It’s a selection on Pond 5 royalty free music. The piece is called Airplane by an artist Cubaseman

Offer Ending Monday

Just a heads up that the offer will end Monday morning. If anyone has missed it and wishes it at the offer price please PM me and I'll make sure you get a copy. Thanks all for the support.

Members who have read this thread: 0