F-86F Sabre 8K Textures

Thread: F-86F Sabre 8K Textures

F-86F Sabre 8K Textures

Having had my PC crash and suffered dual SSD loss & lost everything from the past 6 years (and not interested in going into the details - just that I've moved on knowing there's a lot of work ahead of me!), I've gone back to my roots. I've Decided to recreate the Sabre in 8K. All new Diffuse, Roughmets textures, added missing details. New Vector art etc.

WIP.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Rick - If you had just posted those pics without explanation I would have thought they were RW! Fantastic.

P.S. Sorry for your loss. Backups?
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

thank yoU! Negative total loss. Second was the backup....go figure. Going NAS this time around.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Not that you asked, but for my backups I use a USB 3.0 external hard drive docking station and an appropriate hard drive (or 2). It's simple and safe from computer crashes when it is not plugged into you computer. From time to time plug in the external docking station with the hard drive, back up, unplug, put it in a drawer and forget.

I think all that NAS stuff (or server stuff) is too complex to be useful to a simple guy like me.
    Jay
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

I like your style....it's really my style too. I'm simple. I didn't want to go NAS....and haven't yet. I think I'll do likewise. Just get 2 drives backup every so often, disconnect and done.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Not that you asked, but for my backups I use a USB 3.0 external hard drive docking station and an appropriate hard drive (or 2). It's simple and safe from computer crashes when it is not plugged into you computer. From time to time plug in the external docking station with the hard drive, back up, unplug, put it in a drawer and forget.

I think all that NAS stuff (or server stuff) is too complex to be useful to a simple guy like me.
    Are you using a specific piece of software to copy your files to the other drive? I'm still running Win 7 Pro and use Microsoft's Synctoy 2.1 (64 bit) to backup and synchronize my working directories/files. Not sure if it is still available.

TIA,

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    Are you using a specific piece of software to copy your files to the other drive? I'm still running Win 7 Pro and use Microsoft's Synctoy 2.1 (64 bit) to backup and synchronize my working directories/files. Not sure if it is still available.

TIA,

Tommy
    [Admin should move this thread (maybe to a Backup title) as I don't want to highjack Rick's F-86 work.]

My "strategy" is to backup only (1) programs / apps in the uninstalled state (unless I have a disk or the program comes from a large company like M$FT and then I just re-download or place on the shelf) and (2) "data". There are some things I don't know how to do, e.g., I do not know how to backup DCS. (I have to rely on DCS and M$FT to be there for a re-install if I ever need it for their products.)

I do backup 3rd party add-ons if possible, but again only in the originally down loaded state.

I have hard drives from 15 years or so ago with items on them from programs I no longer use (e.g., FSX). Bottom line is I simply use "copy / paste" for my backup. Not a sophisticated plan, but one that has worked for me for awhile.
    Jay

Members who have read this thread: 1