P3DV5.3 Hot Fix 2 Released

Thread: P3DV5.3 Hot Fix 2 Released

P3DV5.3 Hot Fix 2 Released

LM have released Hot Fix 2 or version V5.3.17.

Available at the usual place in the usual way. Up to you whether you completely uninstall or just do the client and content. Reportably fixes the stutter issues and some other stuff as well.

Note HIFI technologies (Active Sky) have also released a new AS version 8054 which did require some patching to the shaders in P3D but will now longer require the Shader patch done as the change is incorporated into the latest HF2 (Haze and Vis and Cloud Control via EA and VC).

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    LM have released Hot Fix 2 or version V5.3.17.

Available at the usual place in the usual way. Up to you whether you completely uninstall or just do the client and content. Reportably fixes the stutter issues and some other stuff as well.

Note HIFI technologies (Active Sky) have also released a new AS version 8054 which did require some patching to the shaders in P3D but will now longer require the Shader patch done as the change is incorporated into the latest HF2 (Haze and Vis and Cloud Control via EA and VC).
    I got just the client part that has the HF 2 -so now do I uninstall just the client or repair or what? I tried to uninstall and got the must uninstall using add/remove programs.

Edit: Got it installed. I only uninstalled the older client then installed the new client - I assume that is all that is required? Thanks for the HU

Uhhh... thx for info, 3 days ago I installed 5.3 finally (not tested yet), now I see the new update.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

No problems with the install at all on my system. P3D Runs perfectly now!

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    No problems with the install at all on my system. P3D Runs perfectly now!
    I replaced all three msi's - I know I didn't have to but just noticed some of the changes in all the msi's tht P3D listed
    I even got the SDK.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I replaced all three msi's - I know I didn't have to but just noticed some of the changes in all the msi's tht P3D listed
    I even got the SDK.
    Me too. I even cleaned all the "user" and ProgramData and updated the NVidia driver - that's so easy to miss something...

And this seams to have solved some long standing issues I had
    "I am happy"

Gérard

Just finished updating to HF2 myself.
    Hopefully will have some time this week to test it out.

Found an interesting post on the P3D forum from Rob Ainscough regarding the new Affinity Mask entries in the .cfg
    AM has always caused stutters on my rig so I removed the “Job Scheduler” section with the last update and all was well. In my experience Hyper Threading has never worked for P3D either, again I emphasize on my rig.
    This post suggests using HT and letting P3D set up AM in the Job Scheduler section of the .cfg
    I have set it up that way for now, wish me luck!

I’ll have to wait for VRS to update TacPack again.
    I sincerely feel for the developers that are regularly subjected to all of these updates, though I do keep my maintenance fees up to date with VRS.
    That said, looks like the GNS and GTN from Flight 1 will no longer be updated.
    They have also been pulled from the Flight 1 store.
    HF2 relegates them to the recycle ♻️ bin unfortunately.

Reality XP just got a bunch of my money 💵 today! Good for them I guess!
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Members who have read this thread: 0